Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Players Dave Jones watched last night

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 am

and the night before are

Mark Reynolds, Motherwell, who is out of contract in the summer and turns 24 on May 7th.

Craig Conway, Dundee United, who is a very tricky winger who can use both feet would be an excellent addition if we could bring him in.

The night before DJ went to watch Hearts v St Johnstone and went to see the centre halves for Hearts play.

Ismael Bouzid is French Centre Half, 27, who signed for Hearts in July 2009. Has previously played for Galatassary.

Marius Zaliukas, is a Lithuanian Centre Half, 27, whosigned for Hearts from FBK Kaunas in 2006.

I would love to see Reynolds and Zaliukas here and hopefully joined by Conway.

No bids have been made as yet.

These names are coming out in the scottish press and no doubt will make it all the way down to Wales too.

Re: The Players Dave Jones watched last night

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 am

Carl,

Thanks for the news. I thought he may have been looking at Gary Kenneth been mentioned before but my resident Dundee United correspondent tells me he's pish anyway! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:57 am

Down to Ptb or anyone else who watches Scottish football to tell us what these players are like now.
1 thing this tells me tho is the Malaysians aint back DJ as much as he had hoped with cash

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 am

carlccfc wrote:and the night before are

Mark Reynolds, Motherwell, who is out of contract in the summer and turns 24 on May 7th.

Craig Conway, Dundee United, who is a very tricky winger who can use both feet would be an excellent addition if we could bring him in.

The night before DJ went to watch Hearts v St Johnstone and went to see the centre halves for Hearts play.

Ismael Bouzid is French Centre Half, 27, who signed for Hearts in July 2009. Has previously played for Galatassary.

Marius Zaliukas, is a Lithuanian Centre Half, 27, whosigned for Hearts from FBK Kaunas in 2006.

These names are coming out in the scottish press and no doubt will make it all the way down to Wales too.

sorry carl if im a bit behind but i cant be bothered to read a lot of the posts because im fed up with the sniping from a certain few,but are these players mentioned possibly january signings or summer signings thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 am

thanks carl
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: its good news that were looking at players but im not sure these are any better than we have.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:59 am

I see these guys play every week and whilst they might make half-decent Championship players, thats all they will ever be......HALF-decent CHAMPIONSHIP players at the very best....in my opinion.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:00 am

O Shit ! If some other team get them now he will blame you Carl :lol:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 am

I would be very happy with Conway and Zaliukas. We've had some good cheap talent from Scotland before. Good to see the scouts doing their job! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 am

May be we are starting to see the influence of Sam Hammam? During his Wimbledon days he made an art of finding cheap playing talent with bags of potential. Those players were then polished up and sold on for a massive profit.

I'm sure Vincent Tan would be very interested in such a business plan.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:May be we are starting to see the influence of Sam Hammam? During his Wimbledon days he made an art of finding cheap playing talent with bags of potential. Those players were then polished up and sold on for a massive profit.

Sam's eye for a bargain didn't always work at Cardiff - the thought of Spencer Prior and Gavin Gordon still gives me the shivers!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:May be we are starting to see the influence of Sam Hammam? During his Wimbledon days he made an art of finding cheap playing talent with bags of potential. Those players were then polished up and sold on for a massive profit.

I doubt it, seeing as DJ has done it with Johnson and Jerome. And to a lesser extennt, McCormack. DJ has always done it. Sam is irrelevant.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 am

PhatFrog wrote:

I doubt it, seeing as DJ has done it with Johnson and Jerome. And to a lesser extennt, McCormack. DJ has always done it. Sam is irrelevant.

I didn't actually say Sam spotted the talent himself, what I said was at Wimbledon he had a business plan which included finding emerging talent, polishing them up and selling on at a massive profit.

Sam was recently quoted as saying he had given the Malaysians important advice on football matters. That advice might have been to revamp the scouting system so that VT can bring in cheap emerging talent. Who actually recommends the players can come from several different sources not just Sam Hammam as it did at Wimbledon.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

Halifax93 wrote:

Sam's eye for a bargain didn't always work at Cardiff - the thought of Spencer Prior and Gavin Gordon still gives me the shivers!!!

Again I was not talking about Sam Hammam's eye for a player (although it is better than you claim) I was talking about the overall business plan of finding emerging talent.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:53 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

I didn't actually say Sam spotted the talent himself, what I said was at Wimbledon he had a business plan which included finding emerging talent, polishing them up and selling on at a massive profit.

Sam was recently quoted as saying he had given the Malaysians important advice on football matters. That advice might have been to revamp the scouting system so that VT can bring in cheap emerging talent. Who actually recommends the players can come from several different sources not just Sam Hammam as it did at Wimbledon.

Ah, gotcha :D

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:23 am

I got told

'Zaliukas and Bouzid have been good for Hearts this season, Zaliukas is a hot headed c**t though.

Reynolds is ok, does a job in the SPL. Not sure how he'd get on down south though.

Conway is hit and miss. On his day he's a nippy little shit and can cause teams problems with his pace. He's pretty inconsistent though.'

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 am

carlccfc wrote:and the night before are

out of the names mentioned the one that stands out for me is Bouzid, he is decent. Algerian international partners bougy of rangers. They are meant to be tracking him aswell to replace davie weir.

Zaliukas is pretty good and reynolds is solid.

Conway is a decent winger tricky and dundee utd play some good football so he'd be a good signing.

Bouzid though he is what we want..

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Just written now in Scottish Newspapers

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlot ... 6688954.jp :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just written now in Scottish Newspapers

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlot ... 6688954.jp :ayatollah:

Here you go Annis. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff linked with Bouzid and Reynolds
Cardiff City are understood to be looking closely at SPL pair Ismael Bouzid and Mark Reynolds as they scour the country for new defenders. Boss Dave Jones was at Tynecastle on Tuesday to watch Hearts defender Bouzid and it is understood he remained in Scotland last night to watch Reynolds play for Motherwell. (Daily Mail)