Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Connor Wickham

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Watching him last night against arsenal, what a prospect he is, even playing well out pf position tracking up and down the pitch. Im amazed no premiership club have come in for him yet. Ipswich are lucky to have him. :ayatollah:

Re: Connor Wickham

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Roy keane hardly used to start him either :o

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I kno ai he always started priskin and that jack scotland whos now average since leaving the jacks :lol:
I kno tottenham were interested in him, wudn mind betting he will be a prem player by the start of next season :!:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Spurs and arsenal have already had bids rejected for him.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Any idea how much they offered?

Would have more first team chances at tottenham i believe.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:35 pm

7M from spurs and 10M from arsenal

Keane said wickham wouldn't leave and wickham has said he doesn't want to leave yet.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Bloody Hell :lol:

Who said theres no loyalty in football :lol:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Despite being linked with big money moves away, Connor is keeping his feet on the ground. He said last month: "Ipswich is the only thing on my mind, I've got no intentions of moving elsewhere.

"To be reading in the papers that I'm worth £10m or that Premier League clubs are interested is a bit of an experience in itself. I've got a good head on my shoulders so it's not going to make me get big-time or anything like that."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... z1AwUZkyjt

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Might think hes too young to move away from home atm. Family may be an issue aswell, either way ipswich are lucky to keep hold of him. would love him at cardiff :ayatollah: