Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION "

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:35 pm

" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay I believe wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

' IF CARDIFF CITY HAD HAD HIM CONTRACTED Jay's VALUATION WOULD OF BEEN ABOUT £5 Mill plus. Be Lucky to get One Now :evil:

I said All along City were Daft last August to have NOT OFFERED JAY A NEW CONTRACT, I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF Daves Jones and Gethin Jenkins BACK lol by certain posters.

Will Newcastle give it ?

WE LOST LEDLEY THROUGH INCOMPETENCE and WE HAVE NOT LEARNT OUR LESSON ONCE AGAIN. :evil:

Re: " TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION "

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:38 pm

How much are we asking for him Annis? £750,000 upfront is shite especially as we're looking to bring more players in :(

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay I believe wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

' IF CARDIFF CITY HAD HAD HIM CONTRACTED Jay's VALUATION WOULD OF BEEN ABOUT £5 Mill plus. Be Lucky to get One Now
:evil:

I said All along City were Daft last August to have NOT OFFERED JAY A NEW CONTRACT, I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF Daves Jones and Gethin Jenkins BACK lol by certain posters.

WE LOST LEDLEY THROUGH INCOMPETENCE and WE HAVE NOT LEARNT OUR LESSON ONCE AGAIN. :evil:

I was just about to ask if there was any news. Sad news for Cardiff yet again and it all boils down to Incompetence!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Shit... whats the total transfer fee? hope its more the £1 million

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

750,000!?!? :o

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

' IF CARDIFF CITY HAD HAD HIM CONTRACTED Jay's VALUATION WOULD OF BEEN ABOUT £5 Mill plus. Be Lucky to get One Now :evil:

Will Newcastle give it ?

he gone annis but micheal brown for a replacemnet ........... enough said don't no if u seen the news on skysports...... :shock: :shock:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:43 pm

We should keep him until end of season we are in a good position n we let our best players go typical city cant see us goin up this year

personaly i would just decline any transfer offers and keep jay til the end of the season and risk the premiership promotion push....jay will get us to the prem !!

500,000 and routledge ? would u take it

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm

so annis, we wont get between 2-3 mil that its been suggested in papers etc?

Routledge has to be part of the deal

For anything less than 3 million I would make him stay til august. It's a win win situation, we get goals til end of season and Jay gets mega bucks wages when he moves on a free

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Not happy about the valuation, I think Jay owes us and dj mote than that, but if we get routledge in the deal then I'm glad to see him go cause we may find another way to play at last... Bring on the new city legend the beast and bye bye Jay...

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:49 pm

We should keep him until end of season we are in a good position n we let our best players go typical city cant see us goin up this year

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:49 pm

To me that is not the actions of a good manager, to let that happen .
Quite frankly I am a Bluebird through and through, no hidden Agenda but what the fook is DJ doing, letting that happen is not the work of a good manager.
I think DJs childishness is costing Bloobirds dearly.
FFS Dave offer him what it takes to keep him .
You Knows it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 pm

If he wants to go there and sit on the bench with shola ameobi ,lovenkrans +2 other strikers they got let him go who gives a f**k its all about money for players these days not playing the best football of his football life so far as he has been with us,coz i know for a fact he wont be taking carrols role,so be it jay be going back to bench boy and reserve team football f**k him :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 pm

make him stay 750k is peanuts we would be better off keeping him

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:56 pm

ccfc_4_life wrote:We should keep him until end of season we are in a good position n we let our best players go typical city cant see us goin up this year

Spot on.

Tell him he has to see his contract out - City don't need £750k that badly - his wages are low; surely City need him in the team more than the club needs £750k. If we don't go up then he goes and the club has lost £750k.

Why do people think he will go - City have to agree to him going.

Don't agree is the simple answer. For onc erley on the contract and don't sell to suit the player.

if they let him walk then it would be yet another example of this football club letting its supporters down.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Will Newcastle give it ?

750k plus routledge and Leon Best :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

not suprised its only that much, contract nearly finished and he'll be back up at Newcastle for when Carroll is out

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

carroll
lovenkrans
ameobi
best
xisco
nile ranger

then theres jay why would he want to go there for a team who plays 1up front to compete with these :?
One min people are saying on here he wants to move back near london and the next hes not so homesick and might be off to other end of the country ,money talks weather hes playing reserve team footie which he will be or not :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

if he wants to go let him go but not for £1 million have to be at least £2 million with £1 million up front for an England international and there should be clauses in there for extras as well for England caps

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:carroll
lovenkrans
ameobi
best
xisco
nile ranger

then theres jay why would he want to go there for a team who plays 1up front to compete with these :?
One min people are saying on here he wants to move back near london and the next hes not so homesick and might be off to other end of the country ,money talks weather hes playing reserve team footie which he will be or not :ayatollah:

Money Talks .

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 pm

No-one said the fee is £750k, just that it's the figure we want up front.

He doesn't want to stay, lets cash in and spend what we can.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 pm

lovenkrans
ameobi
best
xisco
nile ranger

best will prob leave ranger on loan and xisco they want to get rid of. so they prob want jay as there 4 the striker. but i could see him as back up to carrol.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm

lovenkrans
ameobi
best
xisco
nile ranger

Carroll will be on his way soon and Jay is better than the rest of their strikers.

I repeat as above that City should make him stick to his contract.

Does this club really want to go up? Course it does - then don't sell your best players :roll:

Will Newcastle give it ?

And here is another example of why we desperaretly need an experienced football man a the club. Having the manager deal with player contracts basically went out the window following the Bosman case, our problem is DJ still thinks it's OK for the manager to deal with contracts and our owners don't know better.

I hope there are some add ons in this deal as Newcastle are getting one hell of a bargain here, also a bit disappointed that Jay wants to talk to them so much for concentrating on getting the club promoted. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:10 pm

why dont he want to stay this is just it he was on the scrap heap when dj signed him playing half a game for wolves reserves now and then ,yet he maybe thinks he can better himself else where i can not see it myself to newcastle coz hes not even going to be playing maybe the odd sub thats all hes gonna get which what system newcastle play ,SHOW ME THE MONEY :lol: :(

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm not sure he would be worth 5 million Annis. He is 28 years old and unproven at Premiership level. He hasn't had a full brilliant season either. Part of last season and part of this so far he has been very good but he is still inconsistent and falls over easily. At £5 million we wouldn't be getting offers and it's only cos he is so cheap teams are willing to take a punt.

Personally I think he will be back in the Championship next season after a spot of bench warming.