Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION "

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:10 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay I believe wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

' IF CARDIFF CITY HAD HAD HIM CONTRACTED Jay's VALUATION WOULD OF BEEN ABOUT £5 Mill plus. Be Lucky to get One Now :evil:

I said All along City were Daft last August to have NOT OFFERED JAY A NEW CONTRACT, I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF Daves Jones and Gethin Jenkins BACK lol by certain posters.

Will Newcastle give it ?

WE LOST LEDLEY THROUGH INCOMPETENCE and WE HAVE NOT LEARNT OUR LESSON ONCE AGAIN. :evil:

And here is another example of why we desperaretly need an experienced football man a the club. Having the manager deal with player contracts basically went out the window following the Bosman case, our problem is DJ still thinks it's OK for the manager to deal with contracts and our owners don't know better.

I hope there are some add ons in this deal as Newcastle are getting one hell of a bargain here, also a bit disappointed that Jay wants to talk to them so much for concentrating on getting the club promoted. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YOUR POST IS SPOT ON. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

what if jay had no intention whatsoever of signing a contract with us?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay I believe wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

' IF CARDIFF CITY HAD HAD HIM CONTRACTED Jay's VALUATION WOULD OF BEEN ABOUT £5 Mill plus. Be Lucky to get One Now :evil:

I said All along City were Daft last August to have NOT OFFERED JAY A NEW CONTRACT, I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF Daves Jones and Gethin Jenkins BACK lol by certain posters.

Will Newcastle give it ?

WE LOST LEDLEY THROUGH INCOMPETENCE and WE HAVE NOT LEARNT OUR LESSON ONCE AGAIN. :evil:

And here is another example of why we desperaretly need an experienced football man a the club. Having the manager deal with player contracts basically went out the window following the Bosman case, our problem is DJ still thinks it's OK for the manager to deal with contracts and our owners don't know better.

I hope there are some add ons in this deal as Newcastle are getting one hell of a bargain here, also a bit disappointed that Jay wants to talk to them so much for concentrating on getting the club promoted. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ANNIS theres nothing loyal about any footballer these days like you said hes not foccused on other things only getting us promoted eitherway its all about the cash$$$$$$ not playing which is what wil happen :twisted:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Will Newcastle give it ?

Is it incompetence or just that Jay and his agent are/were not interested in a new contract. When the circumstances suit, running down contracts seems to be the new fashion among players and their agents. Jay is not the only case of this type in football.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Pardew keen on striker Bothroyd
10:16am Friday 14th January 2011

By Scott Wilson »

NEWCASTLE United are close to completing a cut-price move for Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd.

Magpies officials have held preliminary talks with their counterparts at the Cardiff City Stadium and are hopeful of completing a deal for the striker, whose current contract is due to expire in the summer, at the start of next week.

Manager Alan Pardew met the club’s owner, Mike Ashley, on Wednesday to discuss this month’s transfer dealings, and Bothroyd has emerged as a leading target.

The 28-year-old England international is out of contract in the summer, and has turned down the offer of a new deal at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff officials have hinted they are prepared to agree a £2million deal for Bothroyd, who has emerged as one of the hottest properties in the Championship.

West Ham, Blackburn and Fulham have all been linked with a potential move for Bothroyd, but none of the trio have tabled a formal offer for his services.

Bothroyd, who began his career as an Arsenal trainee before playing for a number of clubs including Coventry, Charlton and Italian side Perugia, sprang to prominence when he scored 13 goals as Cardiff made the Championship play-offs last season.

He has scored 13 goals in 17 league appearances during the current campaign, and made his full international debut as England suffered a 2-1 defeat to France in November.

Western Blue wrote:Not happy about the valuation, I think Jay owes us and dj mote than that, but if we get routledge in the deal then I'm glad to see him go cause we may find another way to play at last... Bring on the new city legend the beast and bye bye Jay...

He doesn't owe us anything. If Jay had turned out to be shite we wouldn't have given him a new deal and he would have been out on his ear. He has played well for us in return for a wage as is the case for footballers.

If he doesnt want to stay let him f--k off i was told his agent told him not to play in January didnt believe it but now i do. :evil: dont worry we got Keough

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Will Newcastle give it ?

Is it incompetence or just that Jay and his agent are/were not interested in a new contract. When the circumstances suit, running down contracts seems to be the new fashion among players and their agents. Jay is not the only case of this type in football.

In Oct they offered Jay peanuts.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 pm

peanuts = ???

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 pm

This is Tosh all over again, Cardiff were on the brink of going up to the Old first, we sold Tosh to LPool and well the rest is history and we all know our History. We all know he wants to go, but he has said he want to try to get Cardiff to the prem, Ok let him prove it , We could live with the los of Jay if we dont go up , but could we go up without jays goals to help get us there? Its a choice that could make or break Cardiff and I dont mean just for now , but for years to come.

But if we cant get him to stay ,lets do a deal for Wayne Routledge , we want him they want Jay

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 pm

750,000 mmm expensive tea boy and bench warmer cos lets face it thats all he'll be for a while up there.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

South Wales Echo.

NEWCASTLE have opened talks with Cardiff City about a move for Jay Bothroyd, sources in the north-east have told WalesOnline.

Toon manager Alan Pardew wants the England striker to lead the club's Premier League charge in the second half of the season.

Bothroyd, 28, is out of contract at the end of the 2010-11 campaign so would be able to leave for nothing.

The Bluebirds' Malaysian owners need to weigh up whether to cash in while they can during the January transfer window, or insist Bothroyd remains until the end of the season and helps Cardiff's own Premier push.

Bothroyd is also being heavily linked with Everton, Fulham, West Ham and Blackburn.

He has come to the attention of top clubs after a scintillating run of goal scoring form for the Bluebirds earlier this season, but his appearances have been rare recently.

Bothroyd's last game was on December 12 against Preston when he injured his hamstring. He has not appeared for Cardiff since.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Sorry but I really blame Dave Jones for this debarcle.
Jay Bothroyd has stated so many times that he loves being at Cardiff.
Forget getting more players, no point !!!
the ones we have arent doing the Biz.

Extremely bad management at the very least.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Bring on the Beast :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 pm

We are in a conundrum though. We got in trouble offering huge wages to players. If we had signed Bothroyd to a new contract at say £15k a week and then his form went off the boil we would be bemoaning that.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Will Newcastle give it ?

For me this is incompetence pure and simple and if we had an experienced man advising the owners we would not be in this situation again. IMO the root of this problem lies with the "Special Relationship" between PR & DJ as both were responsible for the club losing millions on Joe Ledley, again both are equally responsible for this situation.

Since Bosman clubs need to be making decisions about offering players contract extensions a minimum of 18 months before their contract expires and if there is any hint of the player not signing then knock them out in the first transfer window after they fail to sign a new contract. Sitting back and doing nothing is not an option as valueable assets can become allmost valueless in a very short period of time.

There are harsh economic realities to face here and it really doesn't matter if the manager likes it or not thats why we need an experienced football man to handle these issues and we need that person in place AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:25 pm

750k? Not much for Jonsey to work with

Although expected, this is not good news for us.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh this will be a sorry farce if it happens.

Makes absolutely no sense to sell for 750k. We are MUCH BETTER OFF keeping him and letting him leave for nothing in the summer. If we do that, our chances of promotion and the real money increase incrementally.

It makes absolutely no sense to sell him for that low an amount now, on any level.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Macci, surely that applies to any signing? :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:41 pm

This will be dave jones excuse if we don't go up, I can see it now

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm

not worth selling for that may as well keep him,let me think 750k or the prem???
keep him

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:43 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:This is Tosh all over again, Cardiff were on the brink of going up to the Old first, we sold Tosh to LPool and well the rest is history and we all know our History. We all know he wants to go, but he has said he want to try to get Cardiff to the prem, Ok let him prove it , We could live with the los of Jay if we dont go up , but could we go up without jays goals to help get us there? Its a choice that could make or break Cardiff and I dont mean just for now , but for years to come.

But if we cant get him to stay ,lets do a deal for Wayne Routledge , we want him they want Jay

Roy, it really feels that way :evil:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:44 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:This will be dave jones excuse if we don't go up, I can see it now

Marc, I can Vision it Now.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Will Newcastle give it ?

In Oct they offered Jay peanuts.

How much is peanuts? If they had paid more, could it have unsettled the wage structure at the club, bearing in mind we are still a Championship side aiming at promotion and not yet in the promised land. In this respect, should we admire Blackpool's approach and the success they have achieved? Isn't it right to set some sort of limits?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

castleblue wrote:

Will Newcastle give it ?

I never quite got that bit about 'getting players in' before offering new deals to players with less than 12 months on their contracts, as DJ told us last August.

In an ideal world we should have tied Jay up well before last summer, but that was difficult due to Ridsdale and his monthly court winding up appearances.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

If Jay wants to go then I think it's better off we let him go. But we are in the position of power, We have the player they want so we must get the best deal for this club. This would be a huge loss but it is important we have 11 footballers in that line-up fully focussed on the ultimate goal which is promotion. I'd like to see Routledge brought in as part of the deal but this could have been avoided as you say Annis if he'd been offered good terms and tied down to an extended contract! :roll:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

In Oct they offered Jay peanuts.[/quote]

How much is peanuts? If they had paid more, could it have unsettled the wage structure at the club, bearing in mind we are still a Championship side aiming at promotion and not yet in the promised land. In this respect, should we admire Blackpool's approach and the success they have achieved? Isn't it right to set some sort of limits?[/quote]

What less than than £10,000 a week yet Hudson is on £14,000 Basic a week, then youve got Chops/Bells OJ etc, YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:58 pm

1970 71 Season how we finished then

League 2Table

P W D L F A W D L F A Pts
1. Leicester City 42 12 7 2 30 14 11 6 4 27 16 59
2. Sheffield United 42 14 6 1 49 18 7 8 6 24 21 56
3. Cardiff City 42 12 7 2 39 16 8 6 7 25 25 53
4. Carlisle United 42 16 3 2 39 13 4 10 7 26 30 53
5. Hull City 42 11 5 5 31 16 8 8 5 23 25 51
6. Luton Town 42 12 7 2 40 18 6 6 9 22 25 49
7. Middlesbrough 42 13 6 2 37 16 4 8 9 23 27 48
8. Millwall 42 13 5 3 36 12 6 4 11 23 30 47
9. Birmingham City 42 12 7 2 30 12 5 5 11 28 36 46
10. Norwich City 42 11 8 2 34 20 4 6 11 20 32 44
11. Queens Park Rangers 42 11 5 5 39 22 5 6 10 19 31 43
12. Swindon Town 42 12 7 2 38 14 3 5 13 23 37 42
13. Sunderland 42 11 6 4 34 21 4 6 11 18 33 42
14. Oxford United 42 8 8 5 23 23 6 6 9 18 25 42
15. Sheffield Wednesday 42 10 7 4 32 27 2 5 14 19 42 36
16. Portsmouth 42 9 4 8 32 28 1 10 10 14 33 34
17. Leyton Orient 42 5 11 5 16 15 4 5 12 13 36 34
18. Watford 42 6 7 8 18 22 4 6 11 20 38 33
19. Bristol City 42 9 6 6 30 28 1 5 15 16 36 31
20. Charlton Athletic 42 7 6 8 28 30 1 8 12 13 35 30
21. Blackburn Rovers 42 5 8 8 20 28 1 7 13 17 41 27
22. Bolton Wanderers 42 6 5 10 22 31 1 5 15 13 43 24

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Routledge has to be part of the deal

Agree - Is this stipuated or are we miles out on this?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I never quite got that bit about 'getting players in' before offering new deals to players with less than 12 months on their contracts, as DJ told us last August.

In an ideal world we should have tied Jay up well before last summer, but that was difficult due to Ridsdale and his monthly court winding up appearances.

Thats a good point but those matters could and should have been dealt with differently, Joe Ledley should have been sold when Stoke offered £6m and Darren Purse could have been offered a new contract that way we would not have spent £1m on Hudson plus his high wages.

The point I'm trying to make is that DJ is an employee of the club as was Ridsdale and whatever the reason behind thier decisions they were not IMO intended to secure the financial position of the club. If we had an experienced football man on the board advising the owners and dealing with these issues our club would be much stronger is so many ways.

At the end of the day trading players is part and parcel of football and since Bosman you need to be on the ball with all issues relating to player contracts, IMO we are not and it's a worry. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:06 pm

BURKE ,WHITTS,MATTHEWS, whos next :(