Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION "

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:09 pm

If he wants to go then let him, no point keeping players here if they are unhappy. I do think this will be a big mistake for him career wise though, the grass is not always greener.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:11 pm

BURKE ,WHITTS,MATTHEWS, whos next :( Burke.. Although not now to Birmingham.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 pm

While that PRICK Jones is running the show nothing will change :evil:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Gavlar wrote:For anything less than 3 million I would make him stay til august. It's a win win situation, we get goals til end of season and Jay gets mega bucks wages when he moves on a free

If a player dont want to wear our shirt,let em go as soon as possible

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

we have to go for a player plus cash deal from newcastle if he goes the other way in my opinion!!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:27 pm

To round up so far this January. We are going to lose our best striker for 750k and replace with a £100k beast. I was quite optimistic at the start of the window, but I am not so sure now. We need to get Routledge in this deal.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay I believe wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

' IF CARDIFF CITY HAD HAD HIM CONTRACTED Jay's VALUATION WOULD OF BEEN ABOUT £5 Mill plus. Be Lucky to get One Now :evil:

I said All along City were Daft last August to have NOT OFFERED JAY A NEW CONTRACT, I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF Daves Jones and Gethin Jenkins BACK lol by certain posters.

Will Newcastle give it ?

WE LOST LEDLEY THROUGH INCOMPETENCE and WE HAVE NOT LEARNT OUR LESSON ONCE AGAIN. :evil:

With a bit of luck it will spark a bidding war, still 17 days till the end of the month.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:31 pm

hi annis
do you know if routledge will be used in this deal? i can see jones trying to do something like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
cheers

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:To round up so far this January. We are going to lose our best striker for 750k and replace with a £100k beast. I was quite optimistic at the start of the window, but I am not so sure now. We need to get Routledge in this deal.

It says they want at least £750k up front, not £750k full stop.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:40 pm

PtB wrote:
Forestbluebirds wrote:To round up so far this January. We are going to lose our best striker for 750k and replace with a £100k beast. I was quite optimistic at the start of the window, but I am not so sure now. We need to get Routledge in this deal.

It says they want at least £750k up front, not £750k full stop.

if you look what annis said your sport on ptd :ayatollah:

installment job just like we want to do lol so maybe they can cut that out for routs deal haha

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:hi annis
do you know if routledge will be used in this deal? i can see jones trying to do something like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
cheers

DJ Still Def Wants Routledge .

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 pm

If Jay wants out then he has to go.

He's too temperamental to keep if he's not happy. He'll be shite or
injured every week. Its just how he is. Had Jones offered him a
bloody good deal a few months back then he'd be sharp as a knife
and still hammering defences. Too late now, time for Jay to go.

I doubt he'll do much in the Premiership. They are big hard and
very canny defenders and Jay doesnt react well to getting kicked.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 pm

On the bright side the 'flu virus' must have cleared up by now ;)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm

if he goes he'll be back within a season begging us to take him back on :ayatollah: :old:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:02 pm

A deal including Routledge (permanent), Nile Ranger on loan and 750k - 1m would in my eyes help fans deal with the loss of our most influencial player.

That's what I would be pushing for.

Some transfer money, a Jay like for like (close enough anyway) and another winger wouldn't be all that bad, especially if the money goes towards a centre back

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 pm

It’ll be interesting how he fairs in the medical.
What with his ligament problems

Many of us have doubted he's even injured.
He's more or less on strike.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

Hang about Annis don't sound right, they wan't all the money up front for routlidge and yet we are accepting £750k up front, as part payment? strange one that

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" TALKS WITH NEWCASTLE ARE NOW IN FULL MOTION REGARDING JAY "

They want him, Jay I believe wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

Hang about Annis don't sound right, they wan't all the money up front for routlidge and yet we are accepting £750k up front, as part payment? strange one that

That part confused me aswell. Surely if Newcastle want Bothroyd we are in a good bargaining position for Routledge and terms of a deal?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Yes but theres a Big Difference City Dont want no where near as much money as what newcastle want for Routledge.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

They want him, Jay wants to go, City Want at least a £750,000 upfront .

Yes but theres a Big Difference City Dont want no where near as much money as what newcastle want for Routledge.

That does annoy me, though obviously Jay's contract situation comes into play on that front.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Yes but theres a Big Difference City Dont want no where near as much money as what newcastle want for Routledge.[/quote]

That does annoy me, though obviously Jay's contract situation comes into play on that front.[/quote]

I Totally agree with you Paul.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Why should Jays contract come into it? If Newcastle want him, make them pay top dollar. Otherwise, no deal. Simples. Apparently, we don;t need to sell, so why are we giving away an England international. Something isn't right here.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:Why should Jays contract come into it?

Isn't it pretty obvious?

It's a simple business decision, cash in while you can or lose for nowt.....no brainer.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:Why should Jays contract come into it? If Newcastle want him, make them pay top dollar. Otherwise, no deal. Simples. Apparently, we don;t need to sell, so why are we giving away an England international. Something isn't right here.

simple fact he has not got no contract left really.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

PtB wrote:

Isn't it pretty obvious?

It's a simple business decision, cash in while you can or lose for nowt.....no brainer.

I know what you are saying mate, but the fact is if as DJ says we don't need to sell then we should be maximizing the fee not giving him away because he may go for nothing in the summer. The difference could be £90 million. Is that worth sacrificing for perhaps £1 or £2 million now. Its a tough call, but if we are in that position and Newcastle really want him, in my opinion should play hard ball over the fee as they will pay it or Jay should stay.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:
PtB wrote:

Isn't it pretty obvious?

I know what you are saying mate, but the fact is if as DJ says we don't need to sell then we should be maximizing the fee not giving him away because he may go for nothing in the summer. The difference could be £90 million. Is that worth sacrificing for perhaps £1 or £2 million now. Its a tough call, but if we are in that position and Newcastle really want him, in my opinion should play hard ball over the fee as they will pay it or Jay should stay.

The other side of it is we play hardball, Newcastle sign him on a pre contract instead and we get a player who is only giving us 70% for the rest of the season.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 pm

glammy74 wrote:so annis, we wont get between 2-3 mil that its been suggested in papers etc?

Some said £4 million....

WRONG AGAIN!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:carroll
lovenkrans
ameobi
best
xisco
nile ranger

then theres jay why would he want to go there for a team who plays 1up front to compete with these :?
One min people are saying on here he wants to move back near london and the next hes not so homesick and might be off to other end of the country ,money talks weather hes playing reserve team footie which he will be or not :ayatollah:

Money Talks .

Money talks, I quite agree. If Jay is on the reported £8.5k a week with us, you can bet that Newcastle will offer him at least £20k. That's asking him to give up a difference of around £180k for the next 4 months alone. For a guaranteed Premier League club, not one that might make it this for next season. Would you give of your best to your boss if he stopped you moving somewhere else for more than double your money? Probably a 2 and a half year contract - its a lot of dough to turn down, especially when he could go out tomorrow and get an injury which could reduce his value to a fraction of what it is now.

For a player in his late 20s like Jay this is his last chance for a big pay day and although I'd like him to stay you can't expect him to turn down that sort of money just because of "loyalty".

I know what I'd do in his position and I doubt that many of you on this board wouldn't do the same.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 pm

The other side of it is we play hardball, Newcastle sign him on a pre contract instead and we get a player who is only giving us 70% for the rest of the season.[/quote]

That is the risk I think we have to take. Jay owes us nothing, and if he does go now or in the summer, I wish him nothing but good luck. I'm told he has apparently just tweeted " Newcastle is a great club, but I'm happy at Cardiff". Lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is - metaphorically speaking.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 pm

To be fair, he's hardly going to say anything else.

Time will tell in the grand scheme of things mate. :ayatollah: