Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd and the reaction of some!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 pm

It was not long ago that Jay tweeted that he wanted to stay and help us into the Premier League. I've seen no comments from Jay that suggest that he wants to go yet some people are turning against him!

Why do that when he's still our player and we may rely on him to help us up?

Staggers me that people hear what is still a rumour and turn against our best player as a result!

I hope he stays and gets 25 goals!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Jay Bothroyd and the reaction of some!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Aye, its all Paper talk and rumours.

Let's see what happens. :ayatollah:

One player doesn't make a team though.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Money talks in football tho im afraid i'd love him to stay don't get me wrong but if it's true he wants to go then let him his choice :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

But that's the thing. Him wanting to go is speculation! I know you don't often get players coming out and saying they want to go because it's like shitting in your own bed but he's publicly stated he wants to stay and help us up.

He may want to go and then I agree, lets sell him, but until it's proven one way or the other I don't know why some are being quite so harsh. He's still ours and has been our best player this season and much of last!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

hailesy wrote:Aye, its all Paper talk and rumours.

Play off Final, Swans game.

We are a bit.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Howey1927 wrote:But that's the thing. Him wanting to go is speculation! I know you don't often get players coming out and saying they want to go because it's like shitting in your own bed but he's publicly stated he wants to stay and help us up.

He may want to go and then I agree, lets sell him, but until it's proven one way or the other I don't know why some are being quite so harsh. He's still ours and has been our best player this season and much of last!

I agree 100% with you mate,on my post about Jay b i said "if it's true so we'll have to wait and see i wouldn't hate him if he went allways have respect for him :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 pm

maccydee wrote:

We are a bit.

We have Parkin now. :ayatollah: The Beast!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Howey1927 wrote:It was not long ago that Jay tweeted that he wanted to stay and help us into the Premier League. I've seen no comments from Jay that suggest that he wants to go yet some people are turning against him!

Why do that when he's still our player and we may rely on him to help us up?

Staggers me that people hear what is still a rumour and turn against our best player as a result!

I hope he stays and gets 25 goals!

Annis reckons talks are 'happening' and he wouldn't say that if he wasn't confident (unlike others on here)

I'm sure Carl will be involved in the information gathering somewhere....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't doubt that Annis has got wind of something and I don't really doubt that Newcastle are interested.

I'm just surprised that without any firm proof to go on, some people are calling him all the cnuts under the sun!

I just don't get the overreaction of some of our supporters. If he read some of the comments, why would he want to stay.

For me the best scenario is that we keep him til the end of the season, he helps us get promoted and then we give him a contract that he deserves.

How much is Whittingham being paid now? We offered him a new contract and in my opinion he's nowhere near as important to us as Jay.

UP THE CITY!

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:32 am

hailesy wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We are a bit.

We have Parkin now. :ayatollah: The Beast!

Yeah that's the same.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 am

But it aint a rumour that the Geordies have been talking with the City about Jay and will resume talk Monday.

If a fee is agreed Jay will be gone.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:07 am

Every striker has good times and bad. If he was having a bad run maybe the fans wouldnt give a shit if he went. Lets remember chops was pumping them in and couldnt stop putting goals away,Then Nothing for game after game. Jay is on a good run and we all want him to stay, why? maybe its us that are being selfish.
We want him to stay and play for us,while the goals are flowing, But should he not also cash in on it and take the big money while he can ? After all he could break a leg and have to finish in the game ( God I hope not ) then what ?

If you were a plumer and you were offerd more money ,a company car doing the same job, can any of you say and being honest say NO ! thanks. HEll I dont want to see Jay go, but what will be will be. So lets just enjoy his football while he is with us,and give him all the support we can. After all he is fighting for every time he goes out on the field.
Shouldnt we all be in his corner for him and help him to help us. While he wear a shirt of Blue ,We will all be here for you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:14 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: BRING ON THE BEAST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

"SIMPLY THE BEAST"

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:56 am

Bob Hatton wrote:But it aint a rumour that the Geordies have been talking with the City about Jay and will resume talk Monday.

If a fee is agreed Jay will be gone.

You say it's not a rumour but where has it been confirmed? Wales On-line say that talks are happening but they get almost all of their stories from Carl and Carl has said he doesn't think Jay will leave in January.

Sky are reporting Pardew admires him and it's on the BBC gossip column.

Hardly confirmed.

I don't doubt that teams will be interested because we've allowed the situation to get to a point where Jay is allowed to talk to clubs so all the Prem teams can see a cheap gamble.

If it works out for them then it's a bargain, if it doesn't then they haven't lost much and Jay will probably end up with another Championship club.

I hope Jay sees sense and stays til the end of the season and if we haven't gone up then he walks away.

Are there any other current england internationals that would be sold for only £750k upfront? We need shooting if it's allowed to happen.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Howey1927 wrote:I don't doubt that Annis has got wind of something and I don't really doubt that Newcastle are interested.

I'm just surprised that without any firm proof to go on, some people are calling him all the cnuts under the sun!

I just don't get the overreaction of some of our supporters. If he read some of the comments, why would he want to stay.

For me the best scenario is that we keep him til the end of the season, he helps us get promoted and then we give him a contract that he deserves.

How much is Whittingham being paid now? We offered him a new contract and in my opinion he's nowhere near as important to us as Jay.

UP THE CITY!

I actually want Jay to stay and Feel if he did go, I would not blame him as City when they eventually offered him a contract, it was pathetic in My Opinion.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm with you all the way. He's worth way more than £750k to us and City have dropped a huge one.

I just cannot believe some people having a proper go at him as though Bothroyd is to blame.

He should now be on a 3/4 year contract earning £20k for us!

Let's hope he's meant a few of the things he's said and stays at least for the rest of the season.

COME ON PALACE!