Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Today's game and all the moaners

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 pm

We were away to a good side. Most would have taken a draw before the game. We defended well for most of the game.

The stats from BBC are as follows

Possession 50% each

Shots on target Norwich 7 Cardiff 6

Shotts off target Norwich 7 Cardiff 4

Hardly a big gulf in class?

Get a grip.

Re: Today's game and all the moaners

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm

I agree, most people would have taken a point before the game, draw was the fair result.

PtB wrote:We were away to a good side. Most would have taken a draw before the game. We defended well for most of the game.

Possession 50% each

Get a grip.

Well said.

3 points next saturday and a defeat for the pikeys will make the world a better place

PtB wrote:We were away to a good side. Most would have taken a draw before the game. We defended well for most of the game.

Possession 50% each

Get a grip.

Great stats for us being the "away" side!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Possession 50% each

Get a grip.

Well said.

3 points next saturday and a defeat for the pikeys will make the world a better place

Agreed :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Well done mate, and others for not getting wound up stupidly. It was gutting, but lets not turn on our team...

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Possession 50% each

Get a grip.

Totally agree mate . a very good point today, before the game I thought we would lose :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Possession 50% each

Get a grip.

twice there wage bill we cover,on paper we are better,but for some reason today the manager/players watched one man pick us apart the whole game and got a draw :twisted:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm

wacthed the gameonline Norwich dserved the draw. Parkin did OK nuiscane

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Nothing really to go on about, 2 good teams end to end game and I guess a draw was a fair result,its a shame we couldnt hold out but thats has happen to us a few time this season. They always score in the last few mins so I guess it was on the cards.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Its a good point away from home against a team who are doing well at the moment. I think most people would've taken a draw before the game. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Agree, let's stay positive - good point against a good side, not a great side, but Jay should be back next week against a very good Watford side. Hopefully a good performance and three points :ayatollah:

Keep the faith !

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 pm

i dont think we had 50% pssesion

but with three mins to go why r we switching off we got hammered for large periods of the game camped in our half with hoolighan running the show and jones dosent change it.

we got the goal and sat back

going to be tough 2 games in the league next but always eventfull being a city fan :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Let's not forget we're unbeaten against a very good Norwich side this season.... 4points off them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:18 pm

aber blue wrote:Let's not forget we're unbeaten against a very good Norwich side this season.... 4points off them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

of course its a gr8 point but being in the position with 3 mins to go sureley we should b able to c the game out with 3 mins remaining

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:19 pm

It's all just frustration after conceding in the last minutes. Give it a few hours and most will see that generally it was a good performance.

One thing I will say though is I think Olofinjana had a bad game. Was fairly absent where their midfield were running rampant pretty much all day. Needs to get stuck in more like earlier in the season and put pressure on anyone playing just behind the strikers. McPhail wasn't great either really and Whittingham was fairly pants. The defence had a lot of pressure put on them as a result of our midfield not being great so credit to them for keeping them out for so long. Also Parkin will hopefully prove to be a great asset going forward. Held up the ball and sucked in defenders very well, mostly in the first half admittedly.

Overall a good performance, just a bit hard to stomach right now considering the late goal.