Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones' Best Achievement

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Im not ashamed to admit that I'm not DJ's biggest fan this season and I think he has made a catalogue of appauling errors. However, leading into this season he had my backing. Some choose to paint him as a buffoon but he is clearly a capable manager who I feel has just lost his way. Despite that he has done plenty of amazing thinsg during his time at the club, what does everyone think his best achievements have been? Personally i think he was at his best in his first season when virtually all of our good players were sold and he had to build a team from scratch, with no funds, in just a few weeks!

Re: Dave Jones' Best Achievement

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 pm

His best achievement will be when he leaves! :) :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:16 pm

His best achievement at City is taking us from just above the relegation zone before Christmas to play off challengers and FA Cup finalists a few months after. Clearly we didn't make the playoffs that season but unless you have a very short memory you'll know that with 5 games to go there was still a chance.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:34 pm

His first season in charge when we were favourites to go down but at one stage of the season were pushing for a play off place. The next season saw us go top of the league by 6 points. From taking over us to then top of the league was his best period with us.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:34 pm

he waved his finger at a city player once while leaning against the dug out a like garden gnome for 90mins :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:he waved his finger at a city player once while leaning against the dug out a like garden gnome for 90mins :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

I heard him shout "For f**k's sake ref!" at Ashton Gate in the cup last season! :o

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:he waved his finger at a city player once while leaning against the dug out a like garden gnome for 90mins :ayatollah:

sorry mate your wrong,he didnt wave that finger,he was telling mcphail he wanted 1 sugar in his tea :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 pm

He traded horses with Holloway. Good piece of business that.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Two stand out seasons IMO

His first season was exceptional, everything sold, took very few players on a pre-season tour of scotland that he didnt want or arrange and we had a very good season considering.

Also last season, wages being paid late constantly, promised money in Jan that didnt appear, protests, unhappy fans, players, staff, we had a run of about 10 games of so where out bet midfield options were Taiwo, Rae and Wildig and we still managed to reach the play/offs in a strong position. We lost the final and some fans blame DJ, some have a case in some comments but never the less a good season even tho it ended sadly

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Two stand out seasons IMO

His first season was exceptional, everything sold, took very few players on a pre-season tour of scotland that he didnt want or arrange and we had a very good season considering.

Also last season, wages being paid late constantly, promised money in Jan that didnt appear, protests, unhappy fans, players, staff, we had a run of about 10 games of so where out bet midfield options were Taiwo, Rae and Wildig and we still managed to reach the play/offs in a strong position. We lost the final and some fans blame DJ, some have a case in some comments but never the less a good season even tho it ended sadly

i knew you would be allover this thread ;) :lol:

dave jones biggest achievement ??

ummmmmmmm

he took his hands out of his pockets once! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 am

Not sure if this is really down to Jones (although he tells us it is) but the building of the Vale trainning ground has to be a lasting legacy whatever else he fails to do at the last hurdle.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:16 am

HI resurrection of certain players careers, koumas in his 1st spell and more recently Jay Bothroyd...