Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Development/ academy fund leaders

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Heard you got a meeting with old Gethin this week, what's that bout then?

More propaganda ?

Re: FAO Development/ academy fund leaders

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 pm

We need one of those stirring the pot smileys.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 am

Dafydd wrote:We need one of those stirring the pot smileys.

No stirring pal , just clarification.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 am

daya your breathing, you must be stirring ;) :D

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 am

milly44 wrote:daya your breathing, you must be stirring ;) :D

Ha ha ha ha.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 am

Isn't that the way things work, we as fans want to take some positive action and help the grass roots develop into rising stars and help the long term future of the club.

We arrange to meet the CEO to run some ideas by him and ask for some help with a few of his ideas,we are part of the same club and whilst we all may have different agendas and methods about they way we do things, surely we all want the same thing which is success for our club.

It isn't and should never be about personalities, it's about contributing and if people are prepared to help in anyway they can, then we should harness that and use it to the help our club.

Where is the surprise or conflict in these actions, wouldn't people expect such a communication and structure in any schemes such as this?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

BigGwynram wrote:Isn't that the way things work, we as fans want to take some positive action and help the grass roots develop into rising stars and help the long term future of the club.

We arrange to meet the CEO to run some ideas by him and ask for some help with a few of his ideas,we are part of the same club and whilst we all may have different agendas and methods about they way we do things, surely we all want the same thing which is success for our club.

It isn't and should never be about personalities, it's about contributing and if people are prepared to help in anyway they can, then we should harness that and use it to the help our club.

Where is the surprise or conflict in these actions, wouldn't people expect such a communication and structure in any schemes such as this?

Different agendas? ......you're right there. ;-)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am

BigGwynram wrote:Isn't that the way things work, we as fans want to take some positive action and help the grass roots develop into rising stars and help the long term future of the club.

Simple question what's the meeting about? We've read the Club propaganda on how well the structure is - which in truth is bollocks - are we going to get more , or are we going to read now the nitty gritty and truth and then see fund raising by fans to improve it.

Can't see what meeting Jenkins can bring , he's clueless anyway. What does he know? He's hardly an asset , he's already shown that as he's driving kids to other clubs by his actions.

We have already seen the business acumen on here of what goes on, and how the first 2k is just making up what's been lost in one simple example .

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 am

Is it correct that Gethin Jenkins has in fact become a trustee?? Or is this not correct?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 am

Gwyn,

Go to a website called football for fans run by a bloke called Jef Gardner.

Get the Club to do that for local kids at CCS this summer , but do it themselves - get the proceeds given to the fund.

It makes a small fortune , whilst out it get some scouts off their allotments and get them down to watch!!

Although you need to improve where you send the selected ones after otherwise they f**k off anyway!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 am

Daya wrote:

Simple question what's the meeting about? We've read the Club propaganda on how well the structure is - which in truth is bollocks - are we going to get more , or are we going to read now the nitty gritty and truth and then see fund raising by fans to improve it.

Can't see what meeting Jenkins can bring , he's clueless anyway. What does he know? He's hardly an asset , he's already shown that as he's driving kids to other clubs by his actions.

We have already seen the business acumen on here of what goes on, and how the first 2k is just making up what's been lost in one simple example .

Surely if as you say the set up is that bad, then isn't the best way forward to try and help it?
The trouble with youngsters academy's and development centers such as ours and others around the country is a lot of it is about opinions.
Most parents will think their son is god's gift to football, others may have a different view, quite ofetn along the way noses get put out of joint, seen it happen in sports other than football.

People do get axes to grind and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, if we all losing all the best kids to Bristol we can do two things as I see it.

I. Help to make ours as good as it can be and support it the best way we can.
2.Sit back and see how many of these kids we have lost go onto make it.

Don't think any academy and development centre :old: will get it 100% right everytime, but the people involved I'm sure will have a better eye for talent than you or I.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I can assure you that Gethin Jenkins is not a trustee of ours.
The purpose of the meeting is to outline our fund raising proposals and to establish how the club can assist us in doing this. May I suggest that if you have questions to ask Gethin Jenkins about the current set up then you should e-mail him direct.
A full report on the meeting with Gethin Jenkins will be posted on here as always

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:03 pm

It's great fans are raising money for the Academy. Fantastic.

Where I agree with Daya is that if the structure is poor at the moment, and given his interest and passion for youth football, I've no reason to doubt him, if there are fundamental problems and issues with the way things are done in the Academy, throwing money at it isn't going to solve that unless there's willingness to address those problems.

If Daya is correct and local "scouts" passing players onto the Academy staff are routinely being ignored, money isn't going to fix that.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Gwyn,

please see in Red.

Surely if as you say the set up is that bad, then isn't the best way forward to try and help it? I totally agree, hence why i myself have done my little bit in regards contribution. What I am saying though is dont send out the message that the Club tell you that everything is rosy in the garden, as thats what your posts did after your last meeting. Be honest and up front, its poor and it needs help. Its rather like raising money for famine relief, if you tell the public the African leader says its ok they have 2 meals a day when in truth they are starving - then those who are starving wont get fed.
The trouble with youngsters academy's and development centers such as ours and others around the country is a lot of it is about opinions. Thats the stance from within again, sorry but its nonsense, below will further highlight.
Most parents will think their son is god's gift to football, others may have a different view, quite ofetn along the way noses get put out of joint, seen it happen in sports other than football. Very true , but thats not the situation in the main, its regards organisation and facilities. 2 quick examples for you ( i could go on all day) how do you think parents feel when they turn up to a development session and some have travelled for miles, to find out the pitch has been double booked and the session is cancelled - thats just poor organisation that gets peoples backs up, what about letters that never turn up? another example of bad organisation . regards facilities whats the point of boys training on Astro hockey pitches when theres a 3G pitch 5 miles down the road? you cant develop kids on a hockey pitch. Thats nothing to do with the talent of the kid.

People do get axes to grind and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, if we all losing all the best kids to Bristol we can do two things as I see it. The above is just a very short version of the axe they grind

I. Help to make ours as good as it can be and support it the best way we can. Agree, thats why its such a good idea.
2.Sit back and see how many of these kids we have lost go onto make it. Making it as you call it is not the aim of a development centre, thats the Academy sector. Lets remember Parents actually pay for the development centres. Its about development, thats what the parents pay for

Don't think any academy and development centre will get it 100% right everytime, but the people involved I'm sure will have a better eye for talent than you or I.

100% maybe not but theres one hell of a lot of room for improvement! As for your eye - speak for yourself! please dont speak for me or my staff :lol:

Gwyn, you are missing many points, you have a big heart and you mean well and i fully support what you are trying to do, because there is room for massive improvement thats for sure , i've only given you a very small insight - theres far more but hopefully no need to write on here , but dont listen and preach the propaganda from within, tell it as it is! that will only help raise more funding to try and put it right. Funding is as always the main issue in anything especially with things like this, you only get what you pay for.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:16 pm

ridofrid wrote:I can assure you that Gethin Jenkins is not a trustee of ours.
The purpose of the meeting is to outline our fund raising proposals and to establish how the club can assist us in doing this. May I suggest that if you have questions to ask Gethin Jenkins about the current set up then you should e-mail him direct.
A full report on the meeting with Gethin Jenkins will be posted on here as always

Morning Clive,

Hope you are well, From what I understand has he become the trustee of FITC at Cardiff City?

To your points. Thanks for the info on the coming meeting.

A. Yes understand - ask them to set up in the Stadium and copy what happens within football for fans. ( check their website) will raise you thousands.

B. I have no reason to ask Gethin Jenkins anything, in fact in the only communication i had with him , he made false allegations and when presented with facts couldnt back up his allegations and ignored the email. He then went on to attempt " dirty tactics" at an FA Youth Cup Game . So for that I have no reason to ask him anything.

C. Should be interesting to hear him talk about something he knows nothing about.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:17 pm

So they need help, possibly the money can go towards helping with their admin to prevent problems such as double booking or to improve communication, if it was perfect they wouldn't need our help.

If it ain't perfect, let's help make it perfect. :old:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:18 pm

BigGwynram wrote:So they need help, possibly the money can go towards helping with their admin to prevent problems such as double booking or to improve communication, if it was perfect they wouldn't need our help.

Agreed, but again, some of those problems may be solved by money. Where the problems are caused by approach / attitude, money won't help at all.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:24 pm

nerd wrote:It's great fans are raising money for the Academy. Fantastic.

Where I agree with Daya is that if the structure is poor at the moment, and given his interest and passion for youth football, I've no reason to doubt him, if there are fundamental problems and issues with the way things are done in the Academy, throwing money at it isn't going to solve that unless there's willingness to address those problems.

If Daya is correct and local "scouts" passing players onto the Academy staff are routinely being ignored, money isn't going to fix that.

Nerd, yes its a great fantastic idea and gesture . It's certainly needed.

I need to correct you on this bit above in bold.

They are not being ignored , the Scouts who are independent have decided to to inform other Clubs and hopefully place them there instead. This was due to Gethin Jenkins policy to try and ban them from Academy games. Albeit he cant anyway as they are played on public area pitches. Many players are currently within due to previous information supplied, in fact recently in the last couple of months 2 were signed after such information, they had been over looked by City official scouts. This type of working together spirit has been removed by Jenkins by his actions so of course the Independents now take their findings elsewhere.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Daya wrote:

They are not being ignored , the Scouts who are independent have decided to to inform other Clubs and hopefully place them there instead. This was due to Gethin Jenkins policy to try and ban them from Academy games. Albeit he cant anyway as they are played on public area pitches. Many players are currently within due to previous information supplied, in fact recently in the last couple of months 2 were signed after such information, they had been over looked by City official scouts. This type of working together spirit has been removed by Jenkins by his actions so of course the Independents now take their findings elsewhere.

Happy to be corrected.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 pm

nerd wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:So they need help, possibly the money can go towards helping with their admin to prevent problems such as double booking or to improve communication, if it was perfect they wouldn't need our help.

Agreed, but again, some of those problems may be solved by money. Where the problems are caused by approach / attitude, money won't help at all.

Nerd,

You have just hit the nail on the head with one word " Attitude" that's the problem with the Club overall especially since the time of Riddler and now the Malaysians. The place is rife with it.

It's probably why a certain other Chairman only commented yesterday ," since the departure of Hammam - they have become the most arrogant, awkward football club in the leagues"

and its true unfortunatly.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Agree fully Gwyn , theres one hell of alot needed to improve - you can only help/assist with your fund raising. Which is a positive.

Those were just very small examples.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:35 pm

nerd wrote:

Of course it will, if the approach of the people and attitude is wrong then extra funding can help to replace or improve these people who you claim are failing in this area,isn't that how things work. :?:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Morning Daya,

How are these independent scouts funded do they expect to get paid by the clubs, are they doing it for reward?

I am asking the question because until you mentioned them I didn't know they existed.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
nerd wrote:

Of course it will, if the approach of the people and attitude is wrong then extra funding can help to replace or improve these people who you claim are failing in this area,isn't that how things work. :?:

But there has to be the will for those replacements to occur.

If Daya is right and a lot of these problems stem from Jenkins' attitude towards the Academy, 2k wont fix that. it is certainly needed and can help in a number of areas, ie purchasing equipment for example but it seems the infrastructure is what needs the work.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

nerd wrote:
Daya wrote:

Happy to be corrected.

No problem .

But you have hit the nail on the head with" Attitude " situation.

As A Company we spend £100,000 per year on junior/youth football sector. Our aim in this part of the Country was to feed all kids via Cardiff City as much as possible.

Cardiff got first opportunity on everything for obvious reasons.

That is now prevented by Gethin Jenkins, the scouts because of his attitude and actions dont want to feed Cardiff .

It's no loss to us- we have another 91 choices + the only ones who may miss out are Cardiff City. Simply down to the direction of the CEO .

Other Clubs are rubbing their hands.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 pm

ridofrid wrote:Morning Daya,

How are these independent scouts funded do they expect to get paid by the clubs, are they doing it for reward?

I am asking the question because until you mentioned them I didn't know they existed.

Some literally do it for the love of watching kids football- i can understand its great to watch.

Some are employed as football consultants/scouts by private Companies, who help and assist kids to achieve their dreams of becoming a football player- it's a long old road!

It's all networking and works in so many ways . For instance an Everton local scout may spot little freddie playing in Porth, he's not interested in that age - but will tip the Independent who in turn tips a Club local.

There are many variations and its not just down to Club Scouts. Especially in this area!

In fact most top Club Scouts rely on the Independents top premiership clubs too

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Nerd,

Again you are correct, its the infastucture and many of those who are involved .

Gwyn, have you heard of a fella called Mark Neville?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Just a quick one - thanks for all the private messages on this serious subject. it's no often we get to be serious on a message board but sometimes we have too :lol:

I can't reply to them all at present but will do so later when more free time.

But in general the fund raising is a good idea and should be fully supported if possible. All the concerns raised in the main of the over all issues you raise of course are not down to the fund raisers themselves who are entering a new field of play so to speak and only of course have the Clubs own view on matters as they see within.