Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are the next 6 weeks Season Defining!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 am

Just flicking through fixtures and noticed that 5 of our next 7 league games are at home....Even though the season endsin may i really believe this will show us where we are really at. You dont often find a run of fixtures so weighted towards the home team. There are some tough matches but i feel at home, if we really want promotion we should take 15 points, id settle for a couple of draws away tbh.....i hope DJ plays to our strengths and goes for the throat cos no team can match us when we are firing!! Lets get CCS rocking guys, we are gonna see a lot of each other in the coming weeks!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Are the next 6 weeks Season Defining!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 am

The league can't be won or lost in the next few games, but they are all BIG games now and the gypo's game is getting bigger by the day. Hope DJ thinks it is a big game this time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 am

Totally agree we have got Swansea and Forest soon both who need to drop points as they are they are in a strong position. We are 1 point behind where we were last season (although we got a game in hand) and this time last year we went on a really bad run losing 5 out of 8. If we get through this period we can really push for the auto spot, we cant afford to lose to many more now. Time to hit some form lads you know you can do it!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 am

With most teams I would say yes but with Cardiff City im not so sure. Ive predicted since the Leeds game that we will go on one of DJ's famous runs only to then bottle it in the last few games of the season and miss out in the play offs!Hope Im wrong and whatever happens its going to be a rollercoaster, not sure if i can take it again :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:18 am

asjaber wrote:The league can't be won or lost in the next few games, but they are all BIG games now and the gypo's game is getting bigger by the day. Hope DJ thinks it is a big game this time :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have this theory... it's a ridiculous one but bear with me... that all these years when Dave Jones has said 'it's just another fixture' about the Swansea will come to a crescendo next month and he'll say to the players before the game in the dressing room...

'I know I've said in the past that this fixture is just another game... and again, it is... however, this isn't just a derby game... this is a game against our closest and most dangerous promotion rivals. If we don't win we're finished. We have to f*cking win this lads. Now, what are you going to do? Are you going to f*cking go out there and prove that every point they've earned against us was a miscarriage of justice? Are you going to unleash hell on them? Are you going to remind them just who is the greatest football team in Wales... in the world??? You are men who deserve this chance... take it... take the three points... and make sure they not only walk away from this stadium with their heads down but from this day forward I want them to shake with fear every time they hear they fans sing... 'BLUEBIRDS! BLUEBIRDS! BLUEBIRDS! Go and make history men... this is your time now'.

Ah... in a perfect world... :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 am

he should just stand at jacks dressing room with the players and yell "THIS IS SPARTA" boot brendan rodgers and the players just kick f**k out of alan tate! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:he should just stand at jacks dressing room with the players and yell "THIS IS SPARTA" boot brendan rodgers and the players just kick f**k out of alan tate! :ayatollah:

Would hospitalizing Alan Tate be worth forfeiting the game and three points to our nearest rivals??? Hell yeah! :D