Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sheep

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 am

Looking through the posts......it appears some are not only defending SH to the hilt but have turned on DJ, Gethin Jenkins, the Malaysians, players and each other.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to work out what's going on here.

A lot of you are the main reason why we are held in contempt ........ when you finally grow up ( id say around 70) please spare us the "Grandad's hooligan stories."

Some of you Im surprised at.......others...... 30 years on and still acting like spoilt brats.

This will be deleted within a minute or two........ while the Fuhrer is away someone will be minding the shop...... get a real job. ;-)

Re: Sheep

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am

its a Forum message board and ppl have different opinions about anybody and anything .................. thats what makes it interesting dont u think ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 am

As far as first posts go :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 am

Vintage 63 wrote:its a Forum message board and ppl have different opinions about anybody and anything .................. thats what makes it interesting dont u think ? :ayatollah:

To an extent...... problem is a lot of this is pure stirring as they support SH.

We'd be gone if it wasnt for the Malaysians.

SH supporters are missing their strawberries.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 am

sychocentral wrote:Looking through the posts......it appears some are not only defending SH to the hilt but have turned on DJ, Gethin Jenkins, the Malaysians, players and each other.

A lot of you are the main reason why we are held in contempt ........ when you finally grow up ( id say around 70) please spare us the "Grandad's hooligan stories."

Some of you Im surprised at.......others...... 30 years on and still acting like spoilt brats.

This will be deleted within a minute or two........ while the Fuhrer is away someone will be minding the shop...... get a real job. ;-)

What a shit world it would be if you were in control! im against sam returning and so are many others, many people are for it, its called an opinion, you might do well to look that up. Cant help but laugh at the irony in your fuhrer comment, as you are the one telling us we should all have the same opinion as you or we are sheep. If you dont like it, i suggest you stop looking through the posts and go away :) While there may be some "hooligans" on here, there will be on ccmb, on the official forum and probably other places to.......so to sum up, your a clown, piss off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:42 am

The club is held in contempt (not as much as before) because there is a minority of immature and irresponsible idiots who do stupid things like kick off and throw stuff on the pitch. That is a real minority, completely separate from this forum. If anything, this forum has improved our image as fans. Yes, the Sam Hammam issue is hotly debated here but there are so many different views on it and everyone's opinion on it is respected.

Think of the march, our efforts to get rid of Ridsdale, the setting up of the Academy funding scheme, the charity football matches to raise money for the Fred Keenor statue appeal and the manner in which we welcome other clubs' fans onto the forums (big up to C-Mob here!).

If anything this forum has only made our reputation better and I love being a part of it. It's a shame you don't feel the same but it's even more of a shame that you have to express your view in such a disrespectful manner.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:45 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
sychocentral wrote:Looking through the posts......it appears some are not only defending SH to the hilt but have turned on DJ, Gethin Jenkins, the Malaysians, players and each other.

What a shit world it would be if you were in control! im against sam returning and so are many others, many people are for it, its called an opinion, you might do well to look that up. Cant help but laugh at the irony in your fuhrer comment, as you are the one telling us we should all have the same opinion as you or we are sheep. If you dont like it, i suggest you stop looking through the posts and go away :) While there may be some "hooligans" on here, there will be on ccmb, on the official forum and probably other places to.......so to sum up, your a clown, piss off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some make a living from Hooligans. ;-)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 am

Zabier wrote:The club is held in contempt (not as much as before) because there is a minority of immature and irresponsible idiots who do stupid things like kick off and throw stuff on the pitch. That is a real minority, completely separate from this forum. If anything, this forum has improved our image as fans. Yes, the Sam Hammam issue is hotly debated here but there are so many different views on it and everyone's opinion on it is respected.

Think of the march, our efforts to get rid of Ridsdale, the setting up of the Academy funding scheme, the charity football matches to raise money for the Fred Keenor statue appeal and the manner in which we welcome other clubs' fans onto the forums (big up to C-Mob here!).

If anything this forum has only made our reputation better and I love being a part of it. It's a shame you don't feel the same but it's even more of a shame that you have to express your view in such a disrespectful manner.

You think the donations to the academy aren't political?

Wake up and smell the coffee.....SH uses a couple of people....in turn those few use a lot here.

You need to join the real world.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

You need to stop using excuses to not support the club mate. Even if your paranoia was proven correct, what is wrong with using politics to benefit the club??? Your opinion and judgment is clearly fogged by a hatred of certain individuals here and it's making what you say feel totally invalid.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:53 am

Zabier wrote:You need to stop using excuses to not support the club mate. Even if your paranoia was proven correct, what is wrong with using politics to benefit the club??? Your opinion and judgment is clearly fogged by a hatred of certain individuals here and it's making what you say feel totally invalid.

Hatred....... dont be silly.

I admit I havent any time for anyone who is pedalling SH's bullshit.... I think 95% of City fans feel that way.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:53 am

As a matter of interest , who funds Swansea's acadamy ? As a football club who's only outgoing is stadium rent and staff salaries and who's only major income is summer sales or managerial compensation be interesting how they manage compared to CCFC and the big bucks being splashed around from the far east :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 am

I don't think it's that black and white any more sychocentral. For your opinion, I am one who doesn't support Hammam's return before you kick off but I am aware that in certain aspects him returning in a certain restricted role might be beneficial for the club in some capacity so I am not willing to rule the idea out completely. I certainly don't believe 95% of fans don't want him back. I'd say it's a fairly even split between...

- Those who want him back.
- Those who don't want him back.
- Those who don't want him back but realise his return could benefit us.
- Those who do want him back but understand full control would not be beneficial but a limited role might be better.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 am

Vintage 63 wrote:As a matter of interest , who funds Swansea's acadamy ? As a football club who's only outgoing is stadium rent and staff salaries and who's only major income is summer sales or managerial compensation be interesting how they manage compared to CCFC and the big bucks being splashed around from the far east :ayatollah:

Swansea town hold no interest to me at all.

Ive read in another thread...."for leaders of the Academy etc."

Why leaders? Its being used as a foothold for individuals to get inside the club....they are feeling left out.

That's my theory....btw you are funding it for them. ;-)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

sychocentral wrote:
Zabier wrote:You need to stop using excuses to not support the club mate. Even if your paranoia was proven correct, what is wrong with using politics to benefit the club??? Your opinion and judgment is clearly fogged by a hatred of certain individuals here and it's making what you say feel totally invalid.

I admit I havent any time for anyone who is pedalling SH's bullshit.... I think 95% of City fans feel that way.

if people want to peddle SH bullshit whats it got to do with you! if u read the threads properly theres only a few who are pro sam on this board and the debates get pretty heated at times, you should give people more credit, we can think for ourselves!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am

Zabier wrote:I don't think it's that black and white any more sychocentral. For your opinion, I am one who doesn't support Hammam's return before you kick off but I am aware that in certain aspects him returning in a certain restricted role might be beneficial for the club in some capacity so I am not willing to rule the idea out completely. I certainly don't believe 95% of fans don't want him back. I'd say it's a fairly even split between...

- Those who do want him back but understand full control would not be beneficial but a limited role might be better.

Message boards aren't representative.

If the Malaysians openly state yeah he cam come back Id take notice....... some fans looking back with rose tinted glasses are deluding themselves.

Its about a small group of fans who want to be noticed again......dont you see...thats what its really about all this supporting SH

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
sychocentral wrote:

if people want to peddle SH bullshit whats it got to do with you! if u read the threads properly theres only a few who are pro sam on this board and the debates get pretty heated at times, you should give people more credit, we can think for ourselves!

Whats it got to do with me?

The press are repeating this BS thats what.

What happened to "get behind the Malaysians" ?

Didnt last long did it?......theres a surprise.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 am

Lets be real here and ask how is he going to come back and does he want to ? Apart from investing money I cant see why he would want to get involved again as already VT has ploughed millions into CCFC for very little personal gain or shares and as was pointed out the other nite CCFC are losing over was it £1 mil per month ?? Sam got the ball rolling years ago and lifted CCFC out of the shite state the club was in and we have all rollercoasted the ride since ................ BUT if he has got money to burn and wants to buy out the likes of PMG off the board then I suppose why not ? As indeed ANY potential investor should not be turned away , negotiation with Langston shouldnt sway this at all coz at the end of the day its money owed to them and NOT Sam . So are there now 2 seperate issues here ? Let the plot thicken :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Lets be real here and ask how is he going to come back and does he want to ? Apart from investing money I cant see why he would want to get involved again as already VT has ploughed millions into CCFC for very little personal gain or shares and as was pointed out the other nite CCFC are losing over was it £1 mil per month ?? Sam got the ball rolling years ago and lifted CCFC out of the shite state the club was in and we have all rollercoasted the ride since ................ BUT if he has got money to burn and wants to buy out the likes of PMG off the board then I suppose why not ? As indeed ANY potential investor should not be turned away , negotiation with Langston shouldnt sway this at all coz at the end of the day its money owed to them and NOT Sam . So are there now 2 seperate issues here ? Let the plot thicken :ayatollah:

Do you accept Sam is Langston in one shape or form?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:09 am

if people want to peddle SH bullshit whats it got to do with you! if u read the threads properly theres only a few who are pro sam on this board and the debates get pretty heated at times, you should give people more credit, we can think for ourselves![/quote]

Didnt last long did it?......theres a surprise.

i think you'll find everyone here is fully behind VT but the pro sam people are saying to bring him back as football man, no financial control......and tbh that sounds appealing as his passion was unrivaled and those 6 years were my best watching city......but the malaysians arent heroes, they are here for the same reason sam was.....to make money, maybe you need to remove your tinted glasses!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 am

sychocentral wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Lets be real here and ask how is he going to come back and does he want to ? Apart from investing money I cant see why he would want to get involved again as already VT has ploughed millions into CCFC for very little personal gain or shares and as was pointed out the other nite CCFC are losing over was it £1 mil per month ?? Sam got the ball rolling years ago and lifted CCFC out of the shite state the club was in and we have all rollercoasted the ride since ................ BUT if he has got money to burn and wants to buy out the likes of PMG off the board then I suppose why not ? As indeed ANY potential investor should not be turned away , negotiation with Langston shouldnt sway this at all coz at the end of the day its money owed to them and NOT Sam . So are there now 2 seperate issues here ? Let the plot thicken :ayatollah:

i believe he is.....but earlier u stated u h8 sam and never want him back, now your saying it might be good idea? make ur mind up fella

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 am

sychocentral wrote:
Zabier wrote:I don't think it's that black and white any more sychocentral. For your opinion, I am one who doesn't support Hammam's return before you kick off but I am aware that in certain aspects him returning in a certain restricted role might be beneficial for the club in some capacity so I am not willing to rule the idea out completely. I certainly don't believe 95% of fans don't want him back. I'd say it's a fairly even split between...

If the Malaysians openly state yeah he cam come back Id take notice....... some fans looking back with rose tinted glasses are deluding themselves.

Its about a small group of fans who want to be noticed again......dont you see...thats what its really about all this supporting SH

Where did I say this was about message board representation? I'm on about my experience of views by friends, family and people I speak to down the City as well as the people I know on the various message boards.

You're saying about people being sheep yet you state that you'd only listen to something if the Malaysians say it? What makes them different from anyone else with influence at the club? The Malaysians are here through the goodness of their heart? I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. It's a business to them.

The reality of this whole 'Sam Hammam' thing is simple. Those fans who back his return are those who became close to him and they are loyal to the man. There's no fault in that. I don't know if the 'love is blind' phrase comes into this but I commend them for their commitment to someone they call a 'friend'. They're not trying to force their views upon us and they welcome the views of those who oppose them (I'm sure Gwyn won't mind me saying this)... I had a discussion on here with Gwyn about Hammam's return and Gwyn asked me why I felt the way I did. I explained and he said he understood why I'd felt that way and that was that.

That's the beauty of this football club. Everyone has a different view and experience. You can't just slam someone's opinions because they're different to yours. Your opinions aren't necessarily right... who knows whose opinions are???

The trouble is, even though the majority are respecting each other's views there are still the minority who barge around like an elephant in a china shop trying to get their voice heard the loudest.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Didnt last long did it?......theres a surprise.[/quote]

i think you'll find everyone here is fully behind VT but the pro sam people are saying to bring him back as football man, no financial control......and tbh that sounds appealing as his passion was unrivaled and those 6 years were my best watching city......but the malaysians arent heroes, they are here for the same reason sam was.....to make money, maybe you need to remove your tinted glasses![/quote]

Sam as a football man? LOL

SH wants his money back.....the Malaysians are far too clever for that shyster.

They are heroes in my eyes cos last spring we nearly folded.

Of course they want a profit......... that doesn't mean they are another version of SH.

SH back? it won't happen...get over it.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:15 am

Sam has to be Langston IMO otherwise why would the Malaysians not pay up what is now overdue ?? And why didnt Ridsdale either ?? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:16 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
sychocentral wrote:

i believe he is.....but earlier u stated u h8 sam and never want him back, now your saying it might be good idea? make ur mind up fella

I think you should read again......the only time Id want SH back is to spread his ashes over CCS....it might encourage growth but I doubt it.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 am

Maybe the truth will come out 1 day ???

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 am

Zabier wrote:
sychocentral wrote:

Where did I say this was about message board representation? I'm on about my experience of views by friends, family and people I speak to down the City as well as the people I know on the various message boards.

You're saying about people being sheep yet you state that you'd only listen to something if the Malaysians say it? What makes them different from anyone else with influence at the club? The Malaysians are here through the goodness of their heart? I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. It's a business to them.

The reality of this whole 'Sam Hammam' thing is simple. Those fans who back his return are those who became close to him and they are loyal to the man. There's no fault in that. I don't know if the 'love is blind' phrase comes into this but I commend them for their commitment to someone they call a 'friend'. They're not trying to force their views upon us and they welcome the views of those who oppose them (I'm sure Gwyn won't mind me saying this)... I had a discussion on here with Gwyn about Hammam's return and Gwyn asked me why I felt the way I did. I explained and he said he understood why I'd felt that way and that was that.

That's the beauty of this football club. Everyone has a different view and experience. You can't just slam someone's opinions because they're different to yours. Your opinions aren't necessarily right... who knows whose opinions are???

The trouble is, even though the majority are respecting each other's views there are still the minority who barge around like an elephant in a china shop trying to get their voice heard the loudest.

Close? Loyal? Friends?

Is this the same friendship that incl. SH stating "Im using my own money?"

Did he tell them that he got us into 20M + of debt?

Perhaps this friendship was a one way thing.

Some of these people you talk of...love the camera and the attention almost as much as SH did.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 am

bored now, had this debate a lot over last few years

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 am

Sychocentral... and it appears you are more like those you're protesting against than you know. Attention-seeking seems to be a major factor here.

Also, this debate isn't about the actual relationship between Hammam and those who support him, it's the manner in which those that support him view Hammam.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:bored now, had this debate a lot over last few years

I know how you feel....... terrible feeling when reality hits home eh? ;-)

See what "love " does to you? ;-)

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

The debt if u want to call it that as Id prefer to call it investment would have run up by anybody ............... what some ppl dont like is that after the event Sam got nothing back then mysteriously invented Langston demanding it all be repaid back . OK he left with nothing and did IMO put millions into CCFC and progress was made BUT again all club owners put millions in and get nothing back !