Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THANK YOU THE ROYAL AIR FORCE!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am

Normally when they f**k up people normally get quite annoyed but today is a different matter!!!! I had just had my R&R and am in the process of returning to Afghanistan for the last 3 months of my current tour. Last night as part of that process I left Colchester at 2200hrs for a 0430 flight from Brize to Khandahar but wait for it we arrive at 0230 to find the flight cancelled. So we turned around went back to Colchester and woke the wife at 0415 to get into the house and get some sleep. The earliest flight will be tomorrow morning ish and am now sat at home for another day of R&R and more importantly I get to watch the boys against stoke tonight. How cool is that!!!!!Thank You the Royal Air Force, yes you fucked it up again but for once and only once its worked out quite well.

Re: THANK YOU THE ROYAL AIR FORCE!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 am

Big Ceri wrote:Normally when they f**k up people normally get quite annoyed but today is a different matter!!!! I had just had my R&R and am in the process of returning to Afghanistan for the last 3 months of my current tour. Last night as part of that process I left Colchester at 2200hrs for a 0430 flight from Brize to Khandahar but wait for it we arrive at 0230 to find the flight cancelled. So we turned around went back to Colchester and woke the wife at 0415 to get into the house and get some sleep. The earliest flight will be tomorrow morning ish and am now sat at home for another day of R&R and more importantly I get to watch the boys against stoke tonight. How cool is that!!!!!Thank You the Royal Air Force, yes you fucked it up again but for once and only once its worked out quite well.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:43 am

Enjoy it mate and come home safely.
oooh and Thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

Good Luck out there mate, and keep safe . You are all heroes in my eyes.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 am

Big Ceri wrote:Normally when they f**k up people normally get quite annoyed but today is a different matter!!!! I had just had my R&R and am in the process of returning to Afghanistan for the last 3 months of my current tour. Last night as part of that process I left Colchester at 2200hrs for a 0430 flight from Brize to Khandahar but wait for it we arrive at 0230 to find the flight cancelled. So we turned around went back to Colchester and woke the wife at 0415 to get into the house and get some sleep. The earliest flight will be tomorrow morning ish and am now sat at home for another day of R&R and more importantly I get to watch the boys against stoke tonight. How cool is that!!!!!Thank You the Royal Air Force, yes you fucked it up again but for once and only once its worked out quite well.

come and have a beer in the ninian :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 am

excellent news,and keep your head down mate,take care :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Nice one Ceri. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

They did a favour for me once too. (well not just me but the whole mortar platoon) On our way to Belize, the pilot of our Hercules had a perforated ear drum and we had to land in Nassau in the Bahamas. We had to stay in a five star hotel for four days as no other accommodation was available. Room service and the works all on the RAF. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

We later found out the pilot had a girlfriend there, so perhaps there was more to his eardrum that was made out. :D :D :D :D