Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO CORKY!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:49 am

Corky i,ve met you a few times over the years and this is why i am asking you to please pass a question on to the next trust meeting next week. After reading the account of last weeks trust meeting with the club i was horrified to read that when you/trust suggested naming the bar areas after previous players, the reply from the club was that it could offend the egg chashers when they use the stadium, it,s OUR stadium, we totally financed it, ( almost at the cost of us going under) who is giving the egg chashers any say as to what goes on in our stadium? they only pay a rent. Did anyone from the trust mention this at the meeting? if not WHY? if there was any more reason for getting rid of the rugby just look at the state of the pitch last night, ok it might not be all down to the rugby but nobody can tell me otherwise that continual scrummaging is not affecting our playing surface. Could you please read out this message or put it over in your own words because the rugby seem to have a lot of say over a stadium that they had no financial input into what so ever. Thank you corky.
Paul Evans

Re: FAO CORKY!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm

I am not involved with the running of the Trust mate, but will pass this on. I feel the same way as you about this...no doubt the club have to pander a little bit to the Rugby but how far amazes me...I tell you a better one than this...when the Trust asked about naming the new pub Fred Keenor or the Bluebird...the Brewery replied No because it would cause friction with other sporting groups and it was not a Marston sports bar rather a food outlet restaurant...then he revealed they had also turned down another request by Cardiff Blues fans to name the pub GARETH EDWARDS....lol lol thrice and fecking lol

I think the pitch needs the 300k lighting system to make it the same as the Jacks( which wins awards whilst also having Rugby on it) This lighting system should have been part of the stadium building costs plan...it was not so £300,000 now needs to be found...promotion will sort this otherwise we will forever have a baldy pitch every spring.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm sureCorky will get back to you, but he's no longer involved in the Trust as an Officer,but I'm sure he's kept his membership up.
Sludge comes on here and he's still actively involved so it may be worth sending him a pm.Also I have had a trust e mail and they are holding an open meeting next Tuesday if you wanted to go along, incidentally, I think you are raising a good post, who gives a toss if the rugby may get offended, piss them off and say we'll put their rent up to cover the lost revenue from bar naming rights. ;)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 pm

corky wrote:I am not involved with the running of the Trust mate, but will pass this on. I feel the same way as you about this...no doubt the club have to pander a little bit to the Rugby but how far amazes me...I tell you a better one than this...when the Trust asked about naming the new pub Fred Keenor or the Bluebird...the Brewery replied No because it would cause friction with other sporting groups and it was not a Marston sports bar rather a food outlet restaurant...then he revealed they had also turned down another request by Cardiff Blues fans to name the pub GARETH EDWARDS....lol lol thrice and fecking lol

I think the pitch needs the 300k lighting system to make it the same as the Jacks( which wins awards whilst also having Rugby on it) This lighting system should have been part of the stadium building costs plan...it was not so £300,000 now needs to be found...promotion will sort this otherwise we will forever have a baldy pitch every spring.

Corky, is there anyway the club couls borrow/loan the lights for the pitch from the Millennium Stadium? They surely are not used all the time there?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 pm

I asked the Trust to bring this up when they met Jenkins plus I have e-mailed Jenkins too about this and the next game board , did it months ago ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Cheers corky/gwyn. I have done as you asked on your pm to me corky!!!!