Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Your first ever CITY game?? "

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:35 pm

My 1st League game was home to Swansea City in September 1962 I was only 6 at the time but my dad thought it was important that I watched the Bluebirds beat the Jacks and we did 5 - 2.

I remember there being a terrific atmosphere and at the end my dad told me it doesn't get better than beating the jacks, boy was he right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The first match I have clear memories about is the CWC game against Hamburg that wasn't so much fun though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Your first ever city game??

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:1972/73 Season Cardiff City 1 Bolton 0 Crowd approx 9,500, Old Division 2, local lad Gill Reece scored. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City players Visited Marshfield Juniors and gave Free Tickets Out, I went with My Grandfather,I was Hooked. Following Season, I Bought a Season Ticket and Since then Renewed it Every Season up to and incl This Season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In the early 80's I was the only kid in My class to Follow Cardiff in a Cardiff School :evil: , That would really wind me up, All Liverpool/Man Utd/Leeds PLASTIC FANS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yer I remember Gill Good little player. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Mine was the 78/79 season vs Wrexham we finished 9th that year in the old div 2.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Burnley in Division 2 in May 79. We drew 1-1, Colin Sullivan scored, and if I remember right Buchanan had a penalty saved. Loved City ever since. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Cardiff City v Millwall 1999 :shock: 7 years old never stoped going sinse :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:46 pm

feb 1999 cardiff darlo. city won 4-2

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

My first game was on a new years days, against Swindon think we won. But I'm not sure of the date, that fan zi hi (sorry about the spelling) anyone help me with the year?? Anyway i was at highfield road the Tuesday after watching the FA cup replay I've been hooked ever since, even tho I play rugby I've had a season ticket for two years and go to as many games as I can!!
:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:49 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Old Canton Casual wrote:1976 Hereford home and i was hooked instantly in canton stand that night nearly 40,ooo gate.We won 2-o goals from Doug livermore and Alan campell great night that :ayatollah:

Same season for me Old Canton, but against the Posh and City ran out 5-2 winners. Didn't go again until the following season after our promotion and Peter Sayer knocked Spurs out of the cup.

Dorset that was mine too!!! Grandfather and Father took me!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 pm

City 1 QPR 0 March 1971. With my Grandfather in the Canton Stand on the wooden benches.

Hooked ever since supported no other.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 pm

95/96 season division 3 , vs hartlepool ninian park city won 2.0 finished in league 22nd :o

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:57 pm

chopsrules wrote:My first game was on a new years days, against Swindon think we won. But I'm not sure of the date, that fan zi hi (sorry about the spelling) anyone help me with the year?? Anyway i was at highfield road the Tuesday after watching the FA cup replay I've been hooked ever since, even tho I play rugby I've had a season ticket for two years and go to as many games as I can!!

Over 90% sure that was 2002/03 season, when we went up to the Championship.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:57 pm

was at the real madrid game,saw some games before that but can,t remember who
some people want to take a grip and remember the bad old days [away days were great mind] :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:02 pm

QPR Home (1969/70 Season). I'd settle for the same score this year as we won 4-2 that day

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Cardiff City 2 Luton Town 3, May 1982. We were relegated that night.

My first ever game was 1980 when Wales played Czechoslovakia in November 1980.

By the way City didn't play QPR in 1986. We layed them in the League Cup in 1988 and FA Cup in 1990.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks "thejonesboy" yes the Ginger monster got us up that year! I probably started watching Cardiff at the most exciting time in it's history luckily for me. There has never been a dull moment, ups and downs, we never seem to do anything the easy way!!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Bournemouth in league cup in 93. 1 - 1 on the night, lost 4 - 2 over the two legs

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:19 pm

First game I went to see was on 29/12/1969. Brian Clark scored only goal in a win against the Wurzels.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/ca ... 70/results

Second game was on 31/01/1970 where we drew 2-2 with Blackpool. Tosh had a double just before he fucked off to Liverpool for £110,000

Which is 10k more than we just paid for the beast, 40 years on. Average wages were about thirty quid a week then. Funny old world
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 pm

blackburn rovers home august 1968 first league game.
arsenal jan 1969 first fa cup game.
swindon away1971 first away. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:24 pm

darran1927 wrote:95/96 season division 3 , vs hartlepool ninian park city won 2.0 finished in league 22nd :o

9th december

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:26 pm

TBH, I can't rember! it was probably in season 58-59. The opening game of 59-60 v Liverpool at NP was the first I can really remember when we won 3-2 and went on to clinch promotion to the top-flight. I've seen City in all 4 divisions at one time or another.

:ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :old:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Cardiff City - Aarhus GF 1:2 in 1988 with craig bellamy n his old man dougie we played the jacks 2 days later 2-0 up in 12 mins gilligan and bartlett.........fcuking drew 2-2 jack b@stards lol

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

The one I remember which was I think the second one was Man U at home. What a difference!

I was only eleven but quite used to the carnage being from Brecon where the army lads kicked f**k out each other every Saturday night. The snakes from Aberdare would come up when the paras were out of town :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Cardiff City 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2005
Goals: Darren Bent (penalty)

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 pm

same as bluebird1962 qpr in sept 1969 :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Cardiff City 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2005

im going to be a pedantic bugger and correct you, it was miller who scored the penalty for them :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:1972/73 Season Cardiff City 1 Bolton 0 Crowd approx 9,500, Old Division 2, local lad Gill Reece scored. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City players Visited Marshfield Juniors and gave Free Tickets Out, I went with My Grandfather,I was Hooked. Following Season, I Bought a Season Ticket and Since then Renewed it Every Season up to and incl This Season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In the early 80's I was the only kid in My class to Follow Cardiff in a Cardiff School :evil: , That would really wind me up, All Liverpool/Man Utd/Leeds PLASTIC FANS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yer I remember Gill Good little player. :ayatollah:

Roy and Local Talent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:35 pm

recharding wrote:Cardiff City 2 Luton Town 3, May 1982. We were relegated that night.

My first ever game was 1980 when Wales played Czechoslovakia in November 1980.

By the way City didn't play QPR in 1986. We layed them in the League Cup in 1988 and FA Cup in 1990.

I stood on the Bob Bank that Night with Tears in My eyes :cry:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 am

1977/78 season

played Orient at NP and we lost 1 - 0
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 am

too old to remember my first game....,memory is gone....lol but i will never forget the grange end...that was scarey.Unfortunatley i have watched from afar for the last 25rs but i have introduced so many in that time....even here they look at our results (when 1 FC) are not playing but i have about 500 freinds here who are passionate about my club and they are becoming city fans...1 FC KÖLN are a great club and they look for our results ( not all....just my freinds)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:35 am

simon1927 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Cardiff City 0-1 Ipswich Town - March 2005

im going to be a pedantic bugger and correct you, it was miller who scored the penalty for them :lol: :ayatollah:

I'm in my last year of school, still learning :lol: :ayatollah: