Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere - are we a little hard on ourselves?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:44 pm

I know that to acheive any goal in life or to keep improving you need to constantly review and scrutinise whatever the subject is, and alot of the posts on here about the atmosphere are from those of us well aware it can improve...especially when comparing it to Ninian at times

However our atmosphere at CCS, even when we are not happy with it, is still louder and more rowdy than the vast majority of the division. Every Championship game i watch on tele im never envious of the atmosphere generated, similarly on away games un the Championship im never leaving whatever ground it is thinking that was rocking compared to CCS - although the Liberty last season did impress me, as much as it pains me to say.

We all know it can improve etc, however credit when credits due I thought yesterday was really good. I also think that people are getting a bit more comfortable at CCS and this is reflected in the noise levels recently imo.

Onwards and upwards, one things for sure if we go up no other ground in the country will be able to live with us!!! Heres to keeping CCS bouncing :ayatollah:

Re: Atmosphere - are we a little hard on ourselves?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:08 pm

CastletownBlue wrote:I know that to acheive any goal in life or to keep improving you need to constantly review and scrutinise whatever the subject is, and alot of the posts on here about the atmosphere are from those of us well aware it can improve...especially when comparing it to Ninian at times

However our atmosphere at CCS, even when we are not happy with it, is still louder and more rowdy than the vast majority of the division. Every Championship game i watch on tele im never envious of the atmosphere generated, similarly on away games un the Championship im never leaving whatever ground it is thinking that was rocking compared to CCS - although the Liberty last season did impress me, as much as it pains me to say.

We all know it can improve etc, however credit when credits due I thought yesterday was really good. I also think that people are getting a bit more comfortable at CCS and this is reflected in the noise levels recently imo.

Onwards and upwards, one things for sure if we go up no other ground in the country will be able to live with us!!! Heres to keeping CCS bouncing :ayatollah:

Thats a fair point.

From what I've seen on TV and been told the atmos at the Liberty for our game was the exception, and its normally shit there.

Out of the aways I've been to thre havent been any clubs which have really impressed me. Coventry were silent, Reading had a go, but were drowned out by us, Watford made a bit of noise, but not much even though they won 4-1.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

I believe we are yesterday when we went two up the atmosphere was fantastic then the third went in it was brilliant. HOWEVER we all know how frail our defence is and when they scored we all knew things would change!!!! 2nd goes in ok from a slip everyone gets edgy!!!!!!

Given the hype and expectation at the start of the season we all expect better than we are getting at present BUT now is the time to get behind the team and cheer them on. DJ has brought quality in (the first time he has been able to) so please no more about atmosphere

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Sign of the times mate i think. I also dont think its any coincidence that all the grounds we've mentioned are new stadiums, they hit the potential for a proper atmosphere hard. Lets hope they bring back safe standing! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Sign of the times mate i think. I also dont think its any coincidence that all the grounds we've mentioned are new stadiums, they hit the potential for a proper atmosphere hard. Lets hope they bring back safe standing! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Good point. I listened to the QPR game on the radio today and it was like a mute society's day trip to a library.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 pm

agreed and Watford saying we were Quiet yesterday !! ffs Watford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the point of Watford.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 pm

placid-casual wrote:agreed and Watford saying we were Quiet yesterday !! ffs Watford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the point of Watford.

Haha, what is the point of Watford??? :lol: