Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aaron Wildig loan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 am

Aaron is going to hamilton academics today on loan.

Re: Aaron Wild loan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 am

As a matter of interest do Hamilton fans have a chant or song where they use 'Academical?'

If so they must be a clever bunch :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 am

no shock that he's gone on loan, but I think the lad deserves to go to a better club than Hamilton. How will that help his development? Their bottom of SPL and absolute sheit.
Last edited by ihatealiens on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 am

good luck aaron and see you back at city next season in the premiership

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:19 am

AHERNE wrote:good luck aaron and see you back at city next season in the premiership

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Aaron Wildig loan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:26 am

One month or til end of season? Would rather have him on a similar deal that we have Ramsey, case we lose Ramsey. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 am

Shows how much Jones rates him .

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 am

carlccfc wrote:Aaron is going to hamilton academics today on loan.

Poor b*stard! :lol: Mind you, Scottish football might toughen him up a bit :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 am

Billy Reid works well with 'the yoof' too, so it might be a very shrew move. He could come back as highly rated as McArthur or McCarthy

I hope he gets games

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 am

He's overated . If he was real quality as per Carl curtis update claim ( top 10 premiership level) there would have been a demand for him on loan of far bigger clubs.

Jones has got this correct , he's looked at who has come forward and sent the lad out for games.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:As a matter of interest do Hamilton fans have a chant or song where they use 'Academical?'

Yes they do

You must be on the chemicals to watch the Academicals :lol: :old:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am

hey dont knock this move. as rubbish as hamilton are this season, they play some decent football.

their problem is they sell all their best players and rely on kids..some really good players have come from them..

i think its a decent move.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 am

I think this is a good move the boy needs 1st team football. Playing for a struggling scottish team never did earnie any harm.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:31 am

Pricey wrote:
Yes they do

You must be on the chemicals to watch the Academicals :lol: :old:

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 am

Didn't ever do Earnie any harm - he got sent out in his infancy as well. Good move.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 am

What the hell has Aaron done to deserve a move there? Wow! Harsh to say the least!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:25 am

http://www.hamiltonacademical-mad.co.uk ... ndex.shtml

Looks like you're right

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 am

why the hell are we sending him to a crap team in a crap league ,he,d have been better going to a league one club.....he,ll gt worse going up there.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi, im a hamilton accies fan, we never knew anything about aaron coming untill, another fan found out about it through this , if it is true , then could you give me a brief detail of how good he is, and what type of midfielder he is , we are a team that likes to play football, not play the long ball, thanks if you reply , brandon

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 pm

oh yeah , aswell , any songs for the player , if the rumour is true?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 pm

He's a neat, tidy player who has coped with championship level football fairly easily after being thrown in at the deep end at the age of 17 last season in one of our injury crisis's. I think he's more your box to box type player rather than being more attack or defence focused.

He played in our FA Cup replay against Stoke last week and again didn't look out of place against premiership opposition which was his first apperance in a while. He's been in need of a loan move for a while imo as while he's got the quality to play at this level and above, he's not consistent enough (like most kids his age). A run of games will do him the world of good, he seems to have a good attitude on him as well from few times I've heard him being interviewed.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:As a matter of interest do Hamilton fans have a chant or song where they use 'Academical?'

It must go something like this. (tune of leetrundle is a fat b*stard song)

Hamilton were acedemical
we have masterd dewi decimal
we can handle deadly chemicals
cardiff accepts paypal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am

BrandonHafc wrote:Hi, im a hamilton accies fan, we never knew anything about aaron coming untill, another fan found out about it through this , if it is true , then could you give me a brief detail of how good he is, and what type of midfielder he is , we are a team that likes to play football, not play the long ball, thanks if you reply , brandon

welcome to the board mate :ayatollah:

asz somes it up pretty well to fair :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 am

wow good move for Wildig and for Hamilton. Linking up with Cashinthebank's nephew, Hamilton have got themselves a deal and a half.

Ok the SPL is not the best league in the world, but it is tough and very physical, which will only benefit him, since DJ thinks he's too lightweight.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 am

10 mile from Glasgow. No shortage of good boozers etc.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:16 am

people knock jones for not giving youngsters games... he sends a youngster out on loan and you say he should be to a better team.... us city fans eh

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 am

people knock jones for not giving youngsters games... he sends a youngster out on loan and you say he should be to a better team.... us city fans eh

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:22 am

up the accies!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:37 pm

The advantage of coming here to Accies is that he has a very good chance of regular first team football. Hamilton is a first class place for an 18-year-old to be for a spell. Box-to-box is probably what we need too. Every season since we reached the SPL we've sold our best youngsters and rebuilt - and so had a bad start. We've also been missing our midfield anchor Alex Neil with injury for the whole season so far. Certainly not out of the running for survival, but we need to start winning games soon.

To answer the question about chants - the obvious "Billy Reid's Red & White Army" is easily transformed to HA-MIL-TON A-CA-DEMICAL!

Although I think this one about being on the chemicals may catch on!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm

ninian_legend wrote:I think this is a good move the boy needs 1st team football. Playing for a struggling scottish team never did earnie any harm.

Only because Earnie was much better than what he was up against. What did he play, 5 games?

I'll be stunned if Aaron doesn't stand out there because it's a shit league and from what I've seen of Accies this season, they've not been very good.