Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Block 117 and 118 NINIAN STAND "

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am

In today's season ticket letter to our homes, it states in the club gets promoted they reserve the right to relocate anybody who has bought tickets in block 117 and 118 to extend away end! Surely we on this forum need to hive this very serious consideration as the plans to 'self help' with regards to the atmosphere would go to rat shit if all the boys in these blocks got spread around the stadium! Surely relocating the family stand in the event of promotion would be the ideal option, solving 2 problems at once.

If you were already aware of this issue, sorry for posting, but I wasn't.

Re: Block 117 and 118

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:59 am

Thats sounds absurd.

But it actually makes sense.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 am

The potential issue though, is all the committed singers could avoid these blocks, and then if we don't get promotion (god forbid) we will have blocks of potentially non singing fans either side of the away fans? That's not gonna help our rep with visiting fans is it?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 am

thank good for that! ... all those naughty boys that wont sit down will be moved now! :lol: stewards 1 naughty boys 0

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:12 am

Gavlar wrote:The potential issue though, is all the committed singers could avoid these blocks, and then if we don't get promotion (god forbid) we will have blocks of potentially non singing fans either side of the away fans? That's not gonna help our rep with visiting fans is it?

Yeah. Thats definately a problem.

But it's inevitbale that we will need bigger away allocation.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 am

Naturally we need a bigger allocation, shame to break up the 117+118 lads though

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 am

Midfield general wrote:Why do we need a bigger away allocation..?

To break up and get rid of all the nasty thugs in those blocks, and stop them from doing witchcraft :(

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 pm

I'd like to know Annis' opinion on this matter

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

its a shame that thats happening, if i could pick anywhere to increase the away end it would be the family stand with the many empty seats you see game after game.
but in a way i hope it happens because it will mean promotion, and the only reason i can see them increasing the away end is if they extend the stadium in some way over the summer, should we win promotion.
im glad im getting mine in the canton but for those of you who stand by the away end you have a gamble to take.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:36 pm

so the bigger success we are this season - next season less fans will get to see the city play...... i guess the chances of the 2500 season ticket holders that dont show up each game this season will all of a sudden turn up week after week next season when the big club come and play........... f*cking stinks :x :x :x :x :x

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Gavlar wrote:In today's season ticket letter to our homes, it states in the club gets promoted they reserve the right to relocate anybody who has bought tickets in block 117 and 118 to extend away end! Surely we on this forum need to hive this very serious consideration as the plans to 'self help' with regards to the atmosphere would go to rat shit if all the boys in these blocks got spread around the stadium! Surely relocating the family stand in the event of promotion would be the ideal option, solving 2 problems at once.

Its True, Gethin Jenkins has been Discussing it with me.

Re: " Block 117 and 118 NINIAN STAND "

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 pm

we need to know as forum members if were going to get them in same area, possibly create a poll and we go with that !! at the minute id suggest block 106 canton already vocal and few hundred more from 117/118 will ramp it up further :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:In today's season ticket letter to our homes, it states in the club gets promoted they reserve the right to relocate anybody who has bought tickets in block 117 and 118 to extend away end! Surely we on this forum need to hive this very serious consideration as the plans to 'self help' with regards to the atmosphere would go to rat shit if all the boys in these blocks got spread around the stadium! Surely relocating the family stand in the event of promotion would be the ideal option, solving 2 problems at once.

Annis, if this is correct (and my reading of the paperwork this morning indicated that it would be ALL of 118 and only SOME of 117) I assume there would be one of those 'mesh' blankets thrown over part of 117 to allow 118 to accommodate away fans.

This, in turn, would mean a reduction in 'home' fans and the relocation of Cardiff supporters in 118 for some, if not all, games....followed by a number of supporters (say the first 8 - 10 people in each row on that side) of 117 being relocated also.

That certainly would not be good but I suppose it would have to be one of the prices to be paid for the ultimate success of reaching the Premiership....

Can you please tell me....during your conversations with Gethin Jenkins was there any further mention of an 'upper stand' being built to accommodate anticipated growth in crowd figures??

I know it was bandied about some time ago....

Thanks,

Sven

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34053 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34053 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks, Annis....but no mention of the upper stand??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, if this is correct (and my reading of the paperwork this morning indicated that it would be ALL of 118 and only SOME of 117) I assume there would be one of those 'mesh' blankets thrown over part of 117 to allow 118 to accommodate away fans.

This, in turn, would mean a reduction in 'home' fans and the relocation of Cardiff supporters in 118 for some, if not all, games....followed by a number of supporters (say the first 8 - 10 people in each row on that side) of 117 being relocated also.

That certainly would not be good but I suppose it would have to be one of the prices to be paid for the ultimate success of reaching the Premiership....

Can you please tell me....during your conversations with Gethin Jenkins was there any further mention of an 'upper stand' being built to accommodate anticipated growth in crowd figures??

Thanks,

Sven

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hi Sven,

Do you know what I forgot to mention it lol.

I will now, youve reminded me.

Cheers Annis

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Sven,

Cheers Annis[/quote]

We all have days like that, mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Hi Sven,

Cheers Annis

We all have days like that, mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks,

Sven

Is there any firm plan in place as to which seats will be the cut off point in 117?

I just would have thought that the club would have a specific range in mind, so that fans know exactly what they are buying.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Our rep with away fans????? C'mon surely we're a bigger club now than sticking our fingers up and singing Harold Shipman songs???

Get in the Canton if you're that concerned and make that a hotbed.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

How about singing this to the we all hate Leeds theme::::::::::::

We are 117 & 118 and the view form here is f*cking great
We `re here every week to watch our team
Going to the premeirship is our f*cking dream
And now we`ve been told we gotta go and thats what we`ll do if they say so
And OFF we went without any fuss!!!! COS WE ALL LOVE CITY EVERYONE OF US

WE ALL LOVE CITY WE ALL LOVE CITY WE ALL LOVE CITY WE ALL LOVE CITY