Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE PLAYER LEAVING TO HEAD NORTH IS......( re. carls update)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

what another waste of good talent going for nothing ...what the hell is the point of the academy when we let them leave for nothing.....as for jones well ive heard he doesnt take much of an interest in it ...we,ve been producing good players in the last few years and seems to me that hes afraid to put his faith in young lads if there good enough,he,d rather have some other old head in the team instead ....we,re letting a guy go who arsenal and man u had been looking at and now hes off to the crap league up north which could wreck his football.....its not even league 1 standard.....shocking ......good luck adam.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:11 am

Its like Rosenior said on the football league show, the last few years we bought through young players (ramsey, gunter, wildig, matthews etc) and fitted them into the squad. We came close but not quite been strong enough to get promoted. This season, Jones has gone for the best players available to us at the time and we are still looking like genuine automatic promotion candidates if not champions. Good luck to the kid but if we get promoted this season am sure people wouldnt mind him going like.

Re: THE PLAYER LEAVING IS......( RE. CARL'S UPDATE)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:16 am

Forestbluebirds wrote:I think that is a waste of talent really. He is the future. Another good young player sold. I hope there is a deal to bring a defender from Celtic. I suppose if he did not want to sign a contract then 500k is ok, but surely if we had developed him he would have been worth a lot more :roll:

Noooo we had Naylor from them. Just take the money and buy that lighting rig for the pitch.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:06 pm

dont know what goes on in training but its hard to see quite how mathews has gone from 5 mill rated to 500K?
Jones will persist with some players who constantly make the same mistakes (naylor etc) but mathews makes one and its curtains....

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Makes sense to sell one of the brightest welsh talents for basically free compared to his true price. perhaps dj is evil genius or something but im fairly sure this transfer is gonna backfire for us

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 pm

We simply dont know what goes on behind the scenes so no point in surmising on whats gone on.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

lets move on. toss up between burke or Matthews leaving which one would you prefer.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm

stupid move to sell him, we should have got him signing a new contract with us! Yet again our club throw away young talent for peanuts! i can hardly see a move to scotland being a good move for him ither! Young welsh talent like him should be learning his trade down here ither in the championship or prem league!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Matthews obviously doesnt want to sign a new contract otherwise he would have.....so goodbye, if you dont wanna play for us, i wont lose any sleep. As good as he was last season he's been equally shit this season. Id rather 500k now than nothing in a few months when he hasnt even played for us. At the moment the priority is promotion!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:lets move on. toss up between burke or Matthews leaving which one would you prefer.

Id prefer us to keep hold of Matthews, although Burke is a better player at the moment he has reached his potential where as Matthews could potentialy be world class, he must have something if the likes of Man Utd were chasing him. Shame to see such talent go once again but he needed to for his own career, baffled as to why he has gone to the SPL he's better than that, although i wish all the best up there

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

All this talk of man utd after him is bollox, yeah they might havecwatched him, but they didnt offer anything because they obviously thought he wasnt good enough. Its not as if he is in demand and we can have a bidding war, if he had half the potential some of you think he had, dont you think the scouts of bigger teams, who know far more than me and you about potential would have tried to get their clubs to sign him. End of the day hes not good enough now, and big teams dont think he will be either

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Cheap at half the price, why are we letting one of the best potentials at the club go for such a small amount. MADNESS!!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:00 pm

We areselling the crown jewels again what a waste leaving our talent go. Dont think Jones has ever been a fan of our youth.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:53 pm

We should not be losing our academy startlets for relative peanuts but if he is out of contract and does not want to sign, the club have to act and get what they can for him.

Jones has not exactly helped the situation after the outrageous outburst after Ipswich.

Which Celtic player does not want oto come to Cardiff? How dare they :shock:

Top reaches of the Championship or slogging it out versus St Mirren ;)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:54 pm

For those who see my user name and ask where's pontlliw, I'm unluchy enough to live in Jacksville. I also know members of Adam Matthews familly. There is no truth in the rumour. At present he is unaware of any interest from any club.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:For those who see my user name and ask where's pontlliw, I'm unluchy enough to live in Jacksville. I also know members of Adam Matthews familly. There is no truth in the rumour. At present he is unaware of any interest from any club.

Why would you live somewhere that makes you unhappy? :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:08 pm

A good move for everyone concerned IMHO.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

If it is true and mathews is goin then i fink its a big mistake cus he has real potential , yes a little dodgy at defending on times but is only 21 and will improve , attacking he is lethal. Can understand y he wud want to go thou cus he had 1 bad game n jonesy dropped him ! Cud not have done his confidence any good , how many bad games has naylor had an he has neva been dropped. Feel sorry for the lad i thought he had real potential at this club n he was our future. Anyway lets look to the future, Premieship ! Cum on you bluebirds !!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:07 pm

you guys are more than welcome to take loovens back :lol:

transfer to celtic - what a waste

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 pm

What is the point of going to Celtic, 4 competitive matches a year, maybe a couplemore if they get Rangers in the cup, and a couple of games in europe - where they and Rangers usually end up getting dumped out of. Nothing against those 2 clubs - but it is hardly competitive football up there is it. I hope this is A. not true or B. Just a loan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Stan Ogdens Neck
At the moment its an okay place to live, thats because the normal order of things has returned and we're back above the JB's. Unfortunately both the mrs and my jobs are based here, cant turn that down in current climate. Repeat Adam is going nowhere, heard it direct from his brother.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Everybody was mentioning Burke but then Corky put a Msg mentioning a sell on clause which didn't make sense for Burke.All the pieces of the puzzle are now falling into place.
Anyway, the guy can't get a sniff of a place in the City team for what ever reason so it's best he move on to further his career. I understand what everyone is saying about loosing a talent but what else can he do?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Shame to see him go but it's not much of a suprise. I wish him all the best :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

who knows what has happend between him and Jones, surely cant just be the Ipswich own goal ... alot happens the fans don't know about clearly and maybe Jones just does not think he is good enough, only time will tell.

Re: THE PLAYER LEAVING IS......( RE. CARL'S UPDATE)

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

milly44 wrote:
Forestbluebirds wrote:I think that is a waste of talent really. He is the future. Another good young player sold. I hope there is a deal to bring a defender from Celtic. I suppose if he did not want to sign a contract then 500k is ok, but surely if we had developed him he would have been worth a lot more :roll:

when you think of the money branded about for him 18 months ago, 2/3/5 millions. 500k isnt alot.

Jarman was having silly money bandied about for him. Didn't happen he went shite and got released for nowt. We are getting 500k for a player who ain't in the first team and cost us nowt. That's one way to look at it.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Hang on a mo. If he was worth a lot more than £500k to all these so called interested clubs I am pretty sure they would have been alerted to his availability and outbid celtic if they were that keen. You are worth what someone is prepared to pay for you. In reality he was not going to get much game time in our squad now.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm

we need an add on clause if he is re-sold that we get big cut

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:50 pm

I am a bit concerned the club want us to support the future of the club and give a small donation each month to help bring on youngsters in the club so Jones can sell them for peanuts.

Mathews is the future to sell him for that amount is sickning to be honest

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Plenty of potential but dont see enough of it in action.
I dont believe the likes of Arsenal and Man-u were looking at him for 4m.....Ridsdale spin (we know he would have sold him)

Even available at 500k and the best club he can get is Celtic