Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATMOSPHERE DEBATE... ??

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:34 am

Everybody is always debating on here, that the atmosphere needs improving, well for me, theres a simple solution. :old:

Anybody who wants to sing, next season gets a ticket in the Canton. :old: :roll:

Ive never had to sit there, the good majority stand, and a good majority sing too, so if the rest of the people who want to stand and/or sing come over then it would greatly improve the atmosphere as we would all be together. :D

No point going, "well maybe I want to sit in the ninain stand and stand :evil: " blah blah cause it's tough, thats the sad enditement we are in. :oops:

If everyone gets together and stands and singsin the canton they would have no choice but to reserve a section for singing/standing etc. :mrgreen:

Once we are together you can move onto arranging sections, maybe even the flag displays again etc.
:ayatollah:
What you all think ??

Re: ATMOSPHERE DEBATE... ??

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

To be honest with you mate, me and my girlfriend are edging closer and closer to swapping to there. My only qualms are the fact that the stewards seem to be bullying over there too

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 am

Totally agree. im in the Canton, allways stand and allways sing. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 am

The only problem with that is.... there will be more arguments on which stand to move to than anything else.

I personally am in block 117 in the Ninian stand and love my seat. Wouldn't dream of moving to the Canton stand! I don't like watching games from behind a goal for some reason... . but that's just personal preference.

I think we should have a few areas, like at Ninian Park we had the Grange end, The Bob Bank and one or two blocks in the Grandstand. We need to get the whole ground pumping really... One block of people isn't going to be enough :shock:

Just my opinion though :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 am

Fully agree!!!

2 points though. Some people like to watch the game from the ninian due to better view ect. Maybe I need my eyes tested But when I stand in the canton end I struggle to see all of the goal mouth action at the other end!

Also I am finding a lot of kids familys they are loaded with hotdogs, chips and pop ect.. Are in the canton. Maybe they won't go in the family end because of threats from the away fans! During the Coventry game I was speaking to a chap that was born in conventry. He was telling me how he wished everyone would stay sat down!!! :roll:

It's all fucked up!!! Bring back the old grange end! Them were the days!!

Judging by carls update though maybe things would change!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah everyone has valid points but like I said the good majority of singers and standers are in The canton, so if everyone moved there, it would be a unified section of singers and standers. But the two blocks nearest the away end in the Ninian should be the same. :old:

We aint asking much og the cloub are we, what 25% of seats assigned for a singing section like ?? :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 pm

the canton is the place to be, if all the singers came over we could fill most of the canton with standers/ singers and as you say mate could lead to flag displays.
when we get going i can feel it vibrate and the echo around the ground is brilliant :ayatollah:

what the club needs is to be united, the fans especially.
the canton is the ideal place, i love being up there, your there when they attack and when they defend.
and you also dont get told off for standing, i have never been asked to sit in the canton, ever :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Exactly mate can stand and sing freely, we need to get this mainstream that if you want to sing, stand, we allneed to gather at the canton and go forth from there to get singing sections, flag displays etc because it will be all like minded fans and none of the palavar that they had last time with flags etc :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 pm

CardiffMark wrote:Exactly mate can stand and sing freely, we need to get this mainstream that if you want to sing, stand, we allneed to gather at the canton and go forth from there to get singing sections, flag displays etc because it will be all like minded fans and none of the palavar that they had last time with flags etc :ayatollah: :old:

i would quite like to get displays going that would be epic. banners with messages like,
" pride passion belief "
or
"i'll be there"

so many things we could do :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Mate would be amazing. :D :ayatollah: :old:

So many teams do it Liverpool, Aldershot, Accrington, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic etc :o

But of course doesn't fit with "sit down, shut up - Franchise family Cardiff FC", even though if it was a designated area with likeminded fans it would affect no-one who didnt want to be involved :/ :oops: :evil:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Yep Im in Canton they always sing, ok its the same old thing over and over and over and over again, but they do sing :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34053 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:46 am

Nice to see Annis taking note, and EVEN OUR ChiefExec AGREE's.

WE NEED TO MAKE THE CANTON OUR KOP/STRETFORD END/GRANGE :ayatollah: :old: :D

Can only be done together tho ;)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:50 am

I want in