Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carl Bottled it?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:49 pm

just my opinion but i think carl has been put under pressure from people slating him an moaning at him that maybe he has bottled it on the latest update...........opinions please?????

he either going to tell us the player or not...if not then there is no Update really is there an we will all find out when its officiall

just want to know what every1 thinks...this is not a dig at carl because i think carl an his updates have been magnificent an ive been addicted to them

Re: Carl Bottled it?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:51 pm

I dont think he's bottled it in the slightest.

He obviously realises that his updates are so widely looked at that what he says could jeopardise future transfers.

His interests are CCFC and is wording his updates very carefully to ensure the best for CCFC.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

I doubt anything Carl releases affects transfers. Other teams I'd imagine don't look to message boards - and equally, Carl's leaks within the club are more of a problem than Carl.

Carl is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Release names? People elsewhere bleat about it damaging the club.
Don't release names? People elsehwere then point out he knows nothing, takes credit for revealing any signing due to not naming names...

At the end of the day, it's Carl's decision. mI don't think anyone can then claim he's either damaging the club or bottling it.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Naming the player could damage the deal and may even damage his relationship with the staff at the club.

He's just being cautious I guess.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Carl's updates, I think you'll agree are incredibly accurate! He doesn't guess things, and we all know how football transactions can change at the last minute! Carl has to post with the Clubs best interests at heart, knowing there are also many other staff/officials/players and other random outsiders etc etc... reading the forums.

I say well done to Carl for his efforts and securing inportant information that could jeopordise any transaction of well being for the club and the fans.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

maybe i worded my post wrong but i was no way slating carl....cos in my book he a spot on 95% of the time an his info is always brilliant...
what i meant to say was that since all this sniping started (mainly from the other board) that he is now finding himself in a position where he wants to tell what he no's but feels that why should he be shot down for letting us no about the football club we know......

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

I think we should ALL class our self's lucky to get any info at all.
So ever hear of biting the hand that Feed you ? Just be grateful and don't push it.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

ive heard a whisper he might be going out on loan to ccmb just until he gets is confidence back lol id rather him not say to much if its guna jeperdize any players coming in :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Be grateful I say! Have you seen how boring and highly inactive other football forums are!

How nice it is to be a part of CCFC :ayatollah: I think this HAS to be one of the best forums outside of the top 6 Premier League forums!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:01 pm

boozer wrote:just my opinion but i think carl has been put under pressure from people slating him an moaning at him that maybe he has bottled it on the latest update...........opinions please?????

he either going to tell us the player or not...if not then there is no Update really is there an we will all find out when its officiall

just want to know what every1 thinks...this is not a dig at carl because i think carl an his updates have been magnificent an ive been addicted to them

Doubt very much any "bottling" has been done. I bet there have been many things in the past he has not let out because of many and varied reasons. Perhaps it was a matter of timing last night?
Who knows eh?

Still thought it was a decent bit of insight into affairs of my club though. Keep em coming Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Karl wrote:Naming the player could damage the deal and may even damage his relationship with the staff at the club.

He's just being cautious I guess.

Really?

If we're after a player, other teams will be aware of it. Selling clubs publicise themselves, because they want to drive bids up. Agents publicise it, to drive a better deal for their clients.

I'd be amazed if any club had a dedicated team of people scouring every other football clubs message boards to try to find out about deals...

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:16 pm

if we r goin to sign a player, its not goin to get done quicker by throwin names around on the board
id rather be patient and find out when pen has been put to paper
i love the updates and a bit of mystery adds to the excitement!!
and doesnt get hopes up of signing certain players
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:25 pm

think you have more chance of swansea shitty city winning the world cup than carl bottling it....... def barking up the wrong tree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Carl was Asked by his Source not to name the player for a day or 2, So he Respected his wishes end off :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:50 pm

like i have continuously sed this was not a snipe a bitch or a whinge if it sounded like that then im sorry

i was just pointing out that maybe the pressure an the bitching towards carl has played effect....if im wrong then im wrong its no biggy.....
its just a messageboard an was asking peoples opinions
Last edited by boozer on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 pm

I have no problem with Carl, but it does worry me that somebody within the club is clearly willing to leak a lot of information.

It is, and I repeat, nothing against Carl, but surely it's damned unprofessional of the club to allow leaks of this magnitude to go on and on as they have?

Unless Carl's source is actually Dave Jones and all his "I blame the famous messageboards" was just a smokscreen??! :o

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:I have no problem with Carl, but it does worry me that somebody within the club is clearly willing to leak a lot of information.

It is, and I repeat, nothing against Carl, but surely it's damned unprofessional of the club to allow leaks of this magnitude to go on and on as they have?

Unless Carl's source is actually Dave Jones and all his "I blame the famous messageboards" was just a smokscreen??! :o

It could be anyone? a player, a players friend? a partner of some one official? There's never a way to complete stop information leaking! It happens in all walks of life! Sometimes it can be a good thing, sometimes it can be bad, but I think we can all agree if it wasnt for some of the information we get, It would be hell of a lot gloomier on here.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 pm

I have a lot of time for Carl and this MB, his updates are great! Howeever it seems we are all buying into this myth that message boards harm transfer deals! This is complete and utter rubbish, if a player is available or a club are looking to sell their agents and representatives are touting them to all clubs! The fact that a MB may reveal a name doesnt matter one iota! Jones was going through a bad patch and rather than take the criticism on the chin he lashed out at MB's and as a result now everyone is too afraid to reveal certain info which will not harm or be detrimental to the club in anyway! Carl obviously doesnt want to upset his source or DJ so he is keeping things tight to his chest but personally I think its disapointing that we are afraid to discuss certain issues because our manager is so paranoid!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 pm

I think Carl is doing a great job and was pleased to know that something was going on. As for DJ being paranoid with message boards giving the game away, well he's in good company as most of the top managers try to keep a lid on it until the deals are done. We seem to have some naive supporters if they don't see the risks.

:old:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:35 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I think we should ALL class our self's lucky to get any info at all.
So ever hear of biting the hand that Feed you ? Just be grateful and don't push it.

agreed :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 pm

boozer wrote:just my opinion but i think carl has been put under pressure from people slating him an moaning at him that maybe he has bottled it on the latest update...........opinions please?????

The truth is that I was told of Adam Matthews going to Celtic last week and I gave my word that I would not put anything out, on Saturday during the game I had 2 calls from different sources telling me exactly what I had been told last week but this time it was added that the club were hoping to get Loovens as part of the deal seeing Adam going North.

I therefore made the decision to tell you in the update last night that a deal is on and could involve a player exchange but very early this morning I was told that Loovens would be unlikely to sign.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:46 pm

come on curtis ffs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:come on curtis ffs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had another text on Saturday during the game that said ' I believe DJ will take us up now '

Who text me that then Baz ;)
:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:52 pm

If you don't like Carls decisions, the phrase that comes to mind is 'tough titty'. He is not at the behest of anyone. I don't want to sound like an arselick, but give the man a break.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I had another text on Saturday during the game that said ' I believe DJ will take us up now '

Dave Jones sent that text. :lol:

He had his phone in his pocket and as he never took his hands out of his pockets all game he had plenty of time to text Carl.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:01 pm

To be fair boozer, looks like you may've bottled it a little mate-seemed pretty clear in your first post that you were having a bit of a dig at Carl, you've toned it down a little now!

I'm not 1 of the guys(or girls!) who wont have a bad word said about his updates, they are sometimes hyped up too much-(mainly by Annis! :lol:). But to say he bottled it last night is really harsh, it was obvious his intentions were good, no harm in respecting his sources wishes. For 1 thing, it makes sure he'll get plenty more info in the future!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: milly was playing with my phone.......................and thats the truth :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I applaud Carl's maturity on the Mathews situation.

By keeping to himself he has shown that the interests of CCFC and not his own are his priority.

Carl did tell me bout Shay Given coming on loan and like him i too will keep this to myself......

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: milly was playing with my phone.......................and thats the truth :lol:

was it f**k. i would have put jones is a penis! :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:10 am

FFS! I don't think Carl "bottled it" for one minute, as he said, he was asked to keep a lid on it and did so out of respect to his source.

I also don't buy into this "sniping" bollocks, just because someone, from whatever MB, expresses their OPINION that some aspects of updates may be a bad thing (alerting other teams to potential signings for example) is NOT a snipe, it's an opinion (with the caveat that it depends on how the opinion is made).

This is a case of he can't win whatever he does or says (and there lies another reason why I think he'd be better off keeping schtum)

End of the day though, it's up to Carl what he does with the information he's being given.