Re: jones thinks ledley is worth

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 pm

haha
on paper ledley should get more money than dan sturridge

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Joff wrote:more than Dean Sturridge !

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25608969/

You must remember that what DJ thinks and reality are two completely different things!!

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:37 pm

What do you guys think Ledley will fetch? Not what we think he is worth, but what we will actually get for him? Hard not to reason that he is an established Championship player and has many caps and has even captained his country as huge positives, the negatives must be prolonged poor form and probably most importantly his hip problem. Seems the fees are likely to involve add-ons rather than one set fee which could be good because if it is related to international caps, Ledley is always likely to feature if fit, especially due to his versatility. While it is quite conceivable that England Under 21 caps are valued at least as much as senior Welsh caps and have always doubted Jones assertion that Ledley would command a sizeable fee via a tribunal, I do believe a precedent has been set with the Sturridge fee. Not sure we would get quite as much, but would take a guess at £2.5m down with another £2.5m in various add ons. I for one think that would be a reasonable deal for all concerned, be interested in people's views?

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:44 pm

saladthedragon wrote:What do you guys think Ledley will fetch? Not what we think he is worth, but what we will actually get for him? Hard not to reason that he is an established Championship player and has many caps and has even captained his country as huge positives, the negatives must be prolonged poor form and probably most importantly his hip problem. Seems the fees are likely to involve add-ons rather than one set fee which could be good because if it is related to international caps, Ledley is always likely to feature if fit, especially due to his versatility. While it is quite conceivable that England Under 21 caps are valued at least as much as senior Welsh caps and have always doubted Jones assertion that Ledley would command a sizeable fee via a tribunal, I do believe a precedent has been set with the Sturridge fee. Not sure we would get quite as much, but would take a guess at £2.5m down with another £2.5m in various add ons. I for one think that would be a reasonable deal for all concerned, be interested in people's views?

STD I honestly think we wont get anymore than £2M for him. Ledleys poor form will see to that. I think we should get nearer to the £3M mark but have my doubts.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Ledley has been injured all season, form is temporay class is permenant definatley worth 4/5million caps etc, i agree with Jones, If the Chelsea flof is worth 6.5 million them ledely should be worth more

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 pm

jonah wrote:Ledley has been injured all season, form is temporay class is permenant definatley worth 4/5million caps etc, i agree with Jones, If the Chelsea flof is worth 6.5 million them ledely should be worth more

"are you Peter in disguise!, are you peeeeeteeeeeer in disguise, are you peter, are you peter, are you peter in disguise!!!"
:lol: