Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jones man management, good or bad?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:21 pm

For me its bad, all the time hes been here hes had issues with certain players ie Barker, sent to Colchester for a season (where he got their player of the year!) while we struggled for a left back the entire season. Niel Alexander, how many keepers did it to take to replace him after he got the cold shoulder? Purse, Thommo, Mathews and others, while other players, such as Naylor this season,Ford, Fowler etc can put in poor shifts over several games, but not a word about them from DJ.

Re: Jones man management, good or bad?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I agree with you. This issue will be brought more sharply into focus now that we are probably going to be running with a bigger squad. It will be a huge test of his man management skills to keep everyone happy. Now we will really see how good a manager he is because he has been given all the tools required to do the job and get us up. Failure can't and won't be tolerated.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:00 pm

he has,nt got any

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:38 pm

this isnt even a serious debate, the guy plays favourites. I would go as far as to call him a c**t.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 pm

I have to agree with most of you there I am concerned if we lose Mathews too, gone from all the excitement of the signings we got and the win on saturday to this im gutted

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 pm

DJ has done very well with some players. Koumas in his 1st spell played the best football of his career. Bothroyd has been transformed from a 3 goal a season striker into an England international. Players like Roger Johnson, Kev McNaughton, Whitts, Chopra and McCormack (1st season) have done really well.

Then you hear about fallings out and the stubborn side to DJ (not speaking to certain players and not giving others a fair chance).

Overall i'd give dj 6/10 for man management,

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Poor at giving our young talent a chance ( he calls them Kids!), seems to have favourites and lacks objectivity, takes umbridge, and can't handle criticism. Other than that he's pretty good.