Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Matthews should have been sent out on loan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Months ago, valuable game time, chance to try out right back and right midfield positions and also toughen up. If he doesnt want a contract fair enough, but surely after his displays last season this should have been wrapped up by now. At times he had me purring over his skills last season. Cant wait for the DJ excuses for this sale when it happens, I am seriously hacked off over this. The boy is a raw Welsh talent even if his standards have dipped a little this season, and he is not an out and out full back either!

Always backed Jones in his darkest periods of poor results, and for the first time after the Watford debacle I jumped off the fence into the Jones out crew. This is the last straw for me, its really upset me, admittedly dont know what goes on behind closed doors and the boy might genuinely have had enough, but thats surely down to his lack of opportunities this season, for which the management have to be blamed. FFS even a senior call up to the Welsh squad.

Who can remember that amazing weaving run last season from right full back at the CCS, almost the finish too, would have bben goal of the century.

Good luck Adam lad
:ayatollah:

Re: Matthews should have been sent out on loan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 pm

seems short sighted to me southamptons 17 yr old being quoted as worth 10 mill mathews full welsh international potentionally worth much more than being quoted

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:seems short sighted to me southamptons 17 yr old being quoted as worth 10 mill mathews full welsh international potentionally worth much more than being quoted

BIG similarities with Bale and Southampton, just 9.5 million difference!
:evil:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 pm

exactly we are giving him away but we always do thats cardiff city.. Arsenal paid 12 million for walcot we got 5 million for Rambo seems wrong to me.

I hate seeing youngsters treated like this its just my view but I think we should be using kids like this who was only a year ago was being linked to Man U now Jones doesnt use him he makes a couple of mistakes and he is dropped, publicly slagged off by the manager, and he watches from the stand like us our defenders making mistakes like they do and nothing is said

I feel for Mathews