Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" GABBIDONS WAGES ARE VERY HIGH "

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:22 pm

And I am led to believe this is the Stumbling block, but personally at This moment I am worried more about his injuries.

Re: " GABBIDONS WAGES ARE VERY HIGH "

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And I am led to believe this is the Stumbling block, but personally at This moment I am worried more about his injuries.

if we pay his large wages for him then if i was jay b i would go potty but that's my opinion and your rite he another 1 who could snap at any moment, that my opinion tho

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 pm

WAS HE DOWN CCS AGREEING TERMS OR NOT? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:27 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:WAS HE DOWN CCS AGREEING TERMS OR NOT? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He has been down there now on 4 occasions in the last 8 days, but he is also very good pals with Scott Young, But yes he wants to come home, but Gabbs will have to lower his wages quite considerably.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:27 pm

greedy bastardo

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

He came close to retiring a few years back so I am a bit sceptical unless he takes a huge pay cut.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

do u think a deal will be struck? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 pm

http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68393

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Have to agree regarding the wages. DJ said the other day that we couldn't break the wage structure for Jay, so he would have every right to be pissed off if we did for Gabbidon. Good player in his day, but I'm not sure he is the answer.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:32 pm

NJ73 wrote:http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68393

Cheers NJ Jack :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:33 pm

very very injury prone.
good when fit, very good but a risk if you ask me.
could do better , i certainly would not consider breaking the bank for him.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:37 pm

50 grand a week not bad hey

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 pm

£50,000 grand a week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even if he took a 50% cut its nowhere near our wage structure. Nice of you to visit Danny, cya :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:45 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:£50,000 grand a week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even if he took a 50% cut its nowhere near our wage structure. Nice of you to visit Danny, cya :ayatollah:

bloody bonkers aint it lol

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm

don't know.

Out of contract in June, might be worth taking a pay cut now to come home. Include a decent bonus if we go up to cover part of the difference.

A pay rise if we go up - as i'm sure our other players are on similar contracts.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Some of those wages are so obscene, I mean who the feck would pay Boa Morte £70k a week.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:51 pm

peter ridsdale :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:52 pm

nantgarwblue wrote:peter ridsdale :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 pm

nantgarwblue wrote:peter ridsdale :lol: :lol: :lol:

He doesn't count as he is a tool of the highest order. :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Lawnmower wrote:don't know.

Out of contract in June, might be worth taking a pay cut now to come home. Include a decent bonus if we go up to cover part of the difference.

A pay rise if we go up - as i'm sure our other players are on similar contracts.

Thats the only way I can see us negotiating with him, he and his agent will want a sizeable signing on fee Id imagine.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:£50,000 grand a week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even if he took a 50% cut its nowhere near our wage structure. Nice of you to visit Danny, cya :ayatollah:

bloody bonkers aint it lol

Sure is, I blame Jimmy Hill :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Lawnmower wrote:don't know.

Players don't come back the same, not sure it would be a good move for either the club or the player, personally, I wouldn't like to see him back on a big salary.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And I am led to believe this is the Stumbling block, but personally at This moment I am worried more about his injuries.

With regards injury, he has started 22 games for West Ham this season hasn't he?

He must know that his wages will have to take a massive drop - surely he would be aware of this since the first visit. The fact that he has been coming back for more shows he's serious about the move.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdsmad123 wrote:WAS HE DOWN CCS AGREEING TERMS OR NOT? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He has been down there now on 4 occasions in the last 8 days, but he is also very good pals with Scott Young, But yes he wants to come home, but Gabbs will have to lower his wages quite considerably.

annis i thought the malaysians were willing to pay high wages!! so what is he on roughly ?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 pm

£50,000 grand a week........ nice work if you can get it :ayatollah:

injury worries............. that wud be my concern, we seem to have enough of them :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm

gabbs was like that when he was with us, stay away from him,,,, i bet, if he joins us he will be injured in the first 3 games,

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:14 pm

NO way could we give him any where near that, and it wouldnt be fair to the other players .
If we start to give players money like that ,guess what will happen to our season tickets

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:38 pm

brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

annis i thought the malaysians were willing to pay high wages!! so what is he on roughly ?

just read the other posts!! £50,000 a week!! :o

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Even half that price is far too much, & it would be shear madness if it happened.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Even half that price is far too much, & it would be shear madness if it happened.

Rick I would not want to pay No more than £10,000 a week just my opinion, very injury prone.