Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' REM I SAID THIS '

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 pm

If He do go I hope we really make them pay for him, shit if he was playing for Everton or WestHam they would want around 18mil for him But cos its us why is it that he is only worth 4or around that?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

ninianblue wrote:the thing is jay is 28?, could be his last chance of the prem?

yea i think it is to be honest age is not his side. but to fair to him he not making song and dance about it so i got alot respect for him for that :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:21 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:sunderland went in for that west ham striker got rebuffed they still want fuller but i think bruce wants two strikers , so my guess would be sunderland mite come in with stupid offer. just a guess tho

Think they are after Pavlyunchenko.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Xcasual wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' Rem I Said This '

Jay could Still be Sold, I know DJ Says NO, But I reckon he still could be SOLD and a Club from the Premiership are still talking to City.

I heard he is fond of "Black Cats"

We all like a bit of pussy :lol:

That reminds me, I must leave out the hair removal cream for the misses . Thanks :?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Jay could Still be Sold, I know DJ Says NO, But I reckon he still could be SOLD and a Club from the Premiership are still talking to City.

I will be Shocked if Jay is Not Sold.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will be Shocked if Jay is Not Sold.

does cardiff actually want to sell him then?
cuz jones is like only if the price is right?

cant he wait 4 months and take a gamble. If we go up we can give him a better contract then.
i just hope if we sell him we can replace him with another player before the window closes

i can just imagine sky sports news on deadline day talking bout JB travelling up north for talks :(

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Im still confident jay will stay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Hope im bloody right :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 am

Mike_Blue wrote:Assume Newcastle is the club?

they have offered cash plus Nile Ranger :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 am

glammy74 wrote:does cardiff actually want to sell him then?
cuz jones is like only if the price is right?

Good question and the answer must have something to do with the failure to get a transfer fee for Ledley last season. That said why is it so important to get a transfer fee for players where the initial out lay in transfer fees wasn't that much?

I can understand Aston Villa wanting to protect themselves after paying out £18-24m for Darren Bent, but in the case of Ledley (an academy graduate) and Bothroyd (only £375,000) surely it is worth a gamble keeping them on whilst promotion is still a possibility rather than cashing in prematurely to make a small profit?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:06 am

Its Brum I think - Zidic is crap, Jerome is wanted by someone, Stoke? and that means they need a striker sharpish. I can't believe Jay would go there for anything other than the money. Even With RJ, they look a poor side this seaosn and could easily be dragged into the relegation places, so if all goes well this end, we could replace them next season. Jay would be the biggest loser then.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:14 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has'nt Jay already played in the Prem. I'm sure he can wait another few months before he has another crack at it. With us of course. :)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 am

buckleys brewery wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has'nt Jay already played in the Prem. I'm sure he can wait another few months before he has another crack at it. With us of course. :)

Yes Jay has played in the Premiership before, but I think the point being made is this might be his last chance to do it again as his Zenith has never been higher than it is now.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 am

I think that over the coming weeks the club will be shipping out a few players, be it by selling them or loan deals, and whilst the transfer window is open then the club could receive an offer for any of our top that well we couldn't turn down.

But right now this is the best chance our club has of gaining automatic promotion to the PL, or the top division in over 50 years. Some have described the situation we Jay as akin to the club selling Toshack but for me it's bigger than that. In pure economic terms there is no compatison as the money available for promotion now compared to 1970 is worlds apart.

IMO if a club offers £2m even that's not enough to justify taking away our"Talisman" a player at the very top of his powers, and to coin a phrase from Ian Holloway they would need to put a one in front of the figure before the club should consider it.

I know our club is heavily in debt but we must now go all out to win promotion to the PL and DJ will need everyone of this fantastic squad he has been allowed to put together, in fact if we believe what he has been saying the squad will get stronger in the next few days.

Selling anyone of our top players would be a false economy for a whole host of reasons the guaranteed monies from promotion being the main one. But next Tuesday Season Tickets will go on sale for next season and whatever happens between now and then I will buy mine next week, for sure, but we do have a collection of fair weather fans like any other club and they may decide not to buy and this could be a problem.

Good season ticket sales will help fund the additional wages of the players signed during this window and take pressure off the owners to continue to fund the running expenses of the club post Ridsdale. It will also send a positive message to the owners that we are with them ALL THE WAY on this journey.

The board need to be strong now and whilst a few players who won't be making the match day squad may leave Jay Bothroyd, Michael Chopra, Peter Whittingham and Chris Burke must stay at the club.

Anything else would be a false economy in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 am

Got to be honest, I though at first that this was a song :shock: :oops:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 am

With All due respect it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that JAY might be sold . with the signings we have made I would have thought it was pretty straightforward that he would go. I would love him to stay , but I can see with the players we have brought in , that he would be going.