Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4 million i think jay

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm

will be gone by the end of transfer window.

anyone think it was bit weird he didn't bring on parkin on when jay went off ? but he put jet in the middle to see how he went?

i don't want to jay to go but 4 mil snap there hands off in my opinion. anything less i think it will be mistake.

Re: 4 million i think jay

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 pm

SIGN GABBIDON AND VAUGHAN THEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:SIGN GABBIDON AND VAUGHAN THEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

depends when the offer comes in i rather it be done by Wednesday so least we have chance to get some on just my opinion tho.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:20 pm

AND ME , IF HE GOES TO NEWCASTLE MAYBE 2 MILLON AND RANGER , OR VAUGHAN AND GABBIDON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:21 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:AND ME , IF HE GOES TO NEWCASTLE MAYBE 2 MILLON AND RANGER , OR VAUGHAN AND GABBIDON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we shall see matey hate this time of footie season lol

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:26 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
bluebirdsmad123 wrote:AND ME , IF HE GOES TO NEWCASTLE MAYBE 2 MILLON AND RANGER , OR VAUGHAN AND GABBIDON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

£4 million and DJ would have to bite their hand off! He's only got 6 months left on his contract. Just hope it's done early enough for the money to be used. If we're gunna sell get it done. It'd be a disaster if he didn't go til next Monday then DJ couldn't use the money!!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

£4 million and DJ would have to bite their hand off! He's only got 6 months left on his contract. Just hope it's done early enough for the money to be used. If we're gunna sell get it done. It'd be a disaster if he didn't go til next Monday then DJ couldn't use the money!!

i agree mate i think that everyone thoughts now rather it done early this week than later :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:SIGN GABBIDON AND VAUGHAN THEN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Vaughan has already played for to clubs this season now :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 pm

I believe that the club should make every effort to keep Jay for the next 5 years. He is by far the best striker in the championship!!! Any ambitious club successfully achieve their goals by retaining thier best assets. What a F****ing joke to say Jay is worth £4 million when Darren Bent was just sold for £24 million. Jay is probably a better all round player than him. I hope the board realise this and Jay says through thick and thin :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm

if we got 4 mil i dont know how id feel its a lot of money to turn down and it would help a lot but will it affect or push for the prem

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I don't think he really wants to go, except to a London Club

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm

CCFC_BLUEBIRDS wrote:if we got 4 mil i dont know how id feel its a lot of money to turn down and it would help a lot but will it affect or push for the prem

thats the flip side of it :cry:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 pm

We are not the same side without him, recent recents prove this, think we would have beaten Blackpool if he stayed on in the final

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Recent results I mean ffs

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm

JET had a decent first game on Saturday but he's no Bothroyd.

A talented youngster who's not played enough games yet to have the responsibility of a promotion challenge placed on his shoulders.

He was also not particularly strong in the air for a tall lad.

I really hope Jones isn't going to rely on JET and Parkin to get us promoted this season as I think if he is we're going to come up short AGAIN.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

some good opinions fair play :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:I believe that the club should make every effort to keep Jay for the next 5 years. He is by far the best striker in the championship!!! Any ambitious club successfully achieve their goals by retaining thier best assets. What a F****ing joke to say Jay is worth £4 million when Darren Bent was just sold for £24 million. Jay is probably a better all round player than him. I hope the board realise this and Jay says through thick and thin :ayatollah:

Well said. We can say goodbye to promotion and goodbye to it forever if he goes and personally I don't think he will :ayatollah:

bluebird58 wrote:I don't think he really wants to go, except to a London Club

Exactly - he won't go to Sunderland or Newcastle, they're way too northern and neither of them are in any relegation trouble (or will be in any this season, IMO).

Birmingham is in the Midlands and are nowhere near as good as they were last season. Decent chance of them going down as well, so there's no point in him going there, and we may end up passing them on our way up (if we do go up ;) )

So those are the 3 most likely clubs to come in with bids though obviously it remains to be seen whether they are willing to pay everything up front !

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Pont-d-blue wrote:I believe that the club should make every effort to keep Jay for the next 5 years. He is by far the best striker in the championship!!! Any ambitious club successfully achieve their goals by retaining thier best assets. What a F****ing joke to say Jay is worth £4 million when Darren Bent was just sold for £24 million. Jay is probably a better all round player than him. I hope the board realise this and Jay says through thick and thin :ayatollah:

I agree. What a difference he made last Saturday.If it's goodbye Jay then its goodbye promotion this year

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 pm

lisvaneblue wrote:

I agree. What a difference he made last Saturday.If it's goodbye Jay then its goodbye promotion this year

Agreed, it's £4Million if he goes and £90 Million automatic promotion if he stays, I am not a gambler, but If I was VT there is no way I would let him go, unless someone as good could come straight in to replace him, but for the life of me I cant think of an alternative for that price ????

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 pm

There is no one better than Jay for this division except Andy Carroll.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:21 am

Without Jay promotion will be a hard slog. He's too valuable an asset to sell, we must keep him.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:12 am

bluebird58 wrote:I don't think he really wants to go, except to a London Club

You make a fair point there....and may well be right!! ;)

Personally, I think he'd be letting himself and the club/manager that saved his career down IF he was to go anywhere at the moment....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 am

Bluebina wrote:
lisvaneblue wrote:

Agreed, it's £4Million if he goes and £90 Million automatic promotion if he stays, I am not a gambler, but If I was VT there is no way I would let him go, unless someone as good could come straight in to replace him, but for the life of me I cant think of an alternative for that price ????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 am

I think Jay will go too. I think DJ has been clever and brought Parkin and JET in to cover Jay of he does leave. This could be one that means he leaves on Jan 31st and we may not have been able to cover him so hence those two players already coming in. I think JET is the natural successor to Jay as he plays the same way but then we'd still have The Beast to come in from the bench. If Jay does goes, I don't expect us to sign another striker because we really do have enough options.