Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

fao, mods,

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 pm

1st point, why do i get a , you have embed 3 posts, to soon, or something like that, when i havent,,,,,,
2nd point,i think we are up to page 400 on the messageboard, is this slowing the board down, not that i have noticed a difference, but why do we want 400 pages, i think thats it?, look forward to hearing from you, yours sincerly, ninianblue :ayatollah:

Re: fao, mods,

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 pm

???????????????????????/ i will get the powers above to investigate

where is milly when you need him

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

ninianblue wrote:1st point, why do i get a , you have embed 3 posts, to soon, or something like that, when i havent,,,,,,
2nd point,i think we are up to page 400 on the messageboard, is this slowing the board down, not that i have noticed a difference, but why do we want 400 pages, i think thats it?, look forward to hearing from you, yours sincerly, ninianblue :ayatollah:

The 3 posts is when you quote something, and there are 3 posts in it. It is not saying you personally have made 3 posts. I just delete the first one.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm

cheers baz, :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Claire wrote:
ninianblue wrote:1st point, why do i get a , you have embed 3 posts, to soon, or something like that, when i havent,,,,,,

The 3 posts is when you quote something, and there are 3 posts in it. It is not saying you personally have made 3 posts. I just delete the first one.

ok, im happy with that,and point 2?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Claire wrote:

ok, im happy with that,and point 2?

Well, I haven't noticed it getting slower, and nor have you, so is there a problem? Do you want the posts to be deleted or something?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Well, I haven't noticed it getting slower, and nor have you, so is there a problem? Do you want the posts to be deleted or something?[/quote]
claire, no i havent noticed the board being slow, but 400 pages, why dont you delete it to say 50 pages,,,,,,,,,,, all my love as always,,ninianblue :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 pm

ninianblue wrote:claire, no i havent noticed the board being slow, but 400 pages, why dont you delete it to say 50 pages,,,,,,,,,,, all my love as always,,ninianblue :ayatollah:

If the speed isn't affected, then there is no need!!

You would have to ask Owain about this, as he is the site administrator.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm

claire, when i went to reply to you, i had that sign again, in bed with you, or something like that,,,,,and what i done was delete the above topics, and it was fine, brilliant, learn something every day, thanks for you help :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm

ninianblue wrote:Well, I haven't noticed it getting slower, and nor have you, so is there a problem? Do you want the posts to be deleted or something?

claire, no i havent noticed the board being slow, but 400 pages, why dont you delete it to say 50 pages,,,,,,,,,,, all my love as always,,ninianblue :ayatollah:[/quote]

Some people like to re-quote their old post when events change and they can go back and investigate. It doesn't slow the board down, although the amount of web space taken can eventually get a bit much for the server to handle - but at the moment there wont be much chance of that happening. I dont think posts need to be deleted, although i do think that posts beyond a week old with hardly any views and NO replies at all Should be deleted by any Mod who finds such a thread - because they are waste and not even worth moving to the Trash Bin! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm

ninianblue wrote:claire, when i went to reply to you, i had that sign again, in bed with you, or something like that,,,,,and what i done was delete the above topics, and it was fine, brilliant, learn something every day, thanks for you help :ayatollah:

Hmmmmmm.... :o a slap is surely on its way! :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:19 pm

cheers thanks,merlin

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Merlin wrote:
ninianblue wrote:claire, when i went to reply to you, i had that sign again, in bed with you, or something like that,,,,,and what i done was delete the above topics, and it was fine, brilliant, learn something every day, thanks for you help :ayatollah:

it was a little mistake, i meant EMBED, could have happened to anyone, :roll:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:10 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

it was a little mistake, i meant EMBED, could have happened to anyone, :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: whatever :o

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 pm

thanks baz, this post was slipping into page 2, now you posted on here, its gone back up, and claire will see it :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 pm

ninianblue wrote:thanks baz, this post was slipping into page 2, now you posted on here, its gone back up, and claire will see it :ayatollah: :lol:
you worry me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 am

ninianblue wrote:thanks baz, this post was slipping into page 2, now you posted on here, its gone back up, and claire will see it :ayatollah: :lol:

I had already seen it. I just ignored what you said.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:???????????????????????/ i will get the powers above to investigate

where is milly when you need him

you called parkin??? :D