Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hard man / Leader

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Following on from an earlier thread about nasty horrible players is this what our team are missing ?

I believe that we have the best COLLECTIVE 11, when fit, that this division can offer, dont get me wrong there are definately better individuals, but I am talking about the whole 11.

BUT and theres always a but, what is it about our side, is it tactics, is it formation or is it we are missing that one no nonense hard b*stard who will put his foot in, not turn his back, who will go toe to toe against anyone, including his own and drag this team by the scruff and show our lot that when opposition try it on he'll get stuck in and back up other players in the team, a player who encourages younger players by respect and LEADERSHIP.

THIS TEAM IS CLOSE TO FULFILLING IT'S POTENTIAL.

Re: Hard man / Leader

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Lee carsley from birmingham would be the ideal signing,

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Totally agree and I've said as much a few times this season. Maybe not on here, I don't think, but definitely in Canton after a few beers. And usually very loudly, as I tend to get after a few Stellas

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:Following on from an earlier thread about nasty horrible players is this what our team are missing ?

I believe that we have the best COLLECTIVE 11, when fit, that this division can offer, dont get me wrong there are definately better individuals, but I am talking about the whole 11.

BUT and theres always a but, what is it about our side, is it tactics, is it formation or is it we are missing that one no nonense hard b*stard who will put his foot in, not turn his back, who will go toe to toe against anyone, including his own and drag this team by the scruff and show our lot that when opposition try it on he'll get stuck in and back up other players in the team, a player who encourages younger players by respect and LEADERSHIP.

Someone lke Roger Johnson :evil: :evil:

If Jones would've been able to keep him do you think we'd be in a higher position?

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 pm

I agree and have always said we have no leader, we are prob the most talented team in the division, without any backbone.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 pm

lully wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Following on from an earlier thread about nasty horrible players is this what our team are missing ?

If Jones would've been able to keep him do you think we'd be in a higher position?

No. We're about 9 points behind West Brom in 3rd (correct me if I'm wrong on the points gap) and I don't think his presence would have accounted for that many points

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 pm

cefnblue wrote:Lee carsley from birmingham would be the ideal signing,

Good shout, although at the moment he is injured,out for up to eight weeks i believe.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
lully wrote:

No. We're about 9 points behind West Brom in 3rd (correct me if I'm wrong on the points gap) and I don't think his presence would have accounted for that many points

Did you take into account that he'd knock a few goals in now and then as well?

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm

for me in the centre of midfield would be where i would like to see this type of player

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:for me in the centre of midfield would be where i would like to see this type of player

yeah I'd have to agree with you there though i would settle for

marshall

Gunter, Loovens, Johnson, Mathews
ledley, Mc Phail, Koumas
Chopra
Jerome, Bothroyd
subs: Mc Cormack, Ramsey to name just two

Pity we had to sell half of these, that's why I have to give Joes the benefit of the doubt

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

I'd say a combative centre midfielder is the number one priority for us. I still think we could do with a 'proper' attacking midfielder a la Koumas and back up for Bothroyd. But if we get this type of midfielder, McPhail, Burke, Whittingham etc will flourish and we all know they have the talent to take any team in this league apart.

lully wrote:
carlccfc wrote:for me in the centre of midfield would be where i would like to see this type of player

marshall

ledley, Mc Phail, Koumas
Chopra
Jerome, Bothroyd

Pity we had to sell half of these, that's why I have to give Joes the benefit of the doubt

I'd have McNaughton over Gunter any day.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:I'd say a combative centre midfielder is the number one priority for us. I still think we could do with a 'proper' attacking midfielder a la Koumas and back up for Bothroyd. But if we get this type of midfielder, McPhail, Burke, Whittingham etc will flourish and we all know they have the talent to take any team in this league apart.

lully wrote:

marshall

ledley, Mc Phail, Koumas
Chopra
Jerome, Bothroyd

I'd have McNaughton over Gunter any day.

No, he's on the bench with Wittingham and the other two lads

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:37 pm

You'd love our Darren Pratley but you couldn't afford him,sadly 8-)

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

blackswan wrote:You'd love our Darren Pratley but you couldn't afford him,sadly 8-)

very true blackswan :evil:

but you would love to have 10 of ours :lol:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
blackswan wrote:You'd love our Darren Pratley but you couldn't afford him,sadly 8-)

very true blackswan :evil:

but you would love to have 10 of ours :lol:

Bothroyd and Whittingham,you can keep the rest :D

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:41 pm

lully........ramsey on the bench!!!!!!!!!!not for me koumas is the only one with natural born talent like rambo.he would be first on my team,age just a number the kid is special in my opinion

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 pm

gup-1 wrote:lully........ramsey on the bench!!!!!!!!!!not for me koumas is the only one with natural born talent like rambo.he would be first on my team,age just a number the kid is special in my opinion

Impact sub.

I'd let him watch the game and tell me how he could benefit us and then if I agreed i'd put him on. it would also be a game between me and my oppo.
He's a much better player now though so perhaps i would reconsider if i put out a different formation

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:08 pm

wasnt aware we needed another ballboy :ayatollah: