Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my views on the atmo

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am

morning guys. i read the response gethin send back about our atmosphere, and i tend to disagree with his points

first of all, the "go to the canton if you want to stand" everytime i buy tickets online i usually end up in the block of seats next to those standing and am forced to sit down.

i feel the atmo, also has a affect on results. and my example of this is, "Ninian Park" we played brum, southampton ect ect, and because we were soo intimidating the team played soo much better, and when we conceaded they didnt seem deflated, they just started again , now in CCS when ever we concead we seem to just fall apart and look flat, e.g. leeds, "upto the point where they equalised we where on form, they equalise we were just kicking long balls and hoping, okay it paid off but its the same against millwall. the fact that only standing singing part of the stadium is "104-105" i feel the away fans see the family stand next to them and then they can be as loud as they want, knowing only two blocks really make noise, this then spurs on the away team, and we're all quiet.

one of the main points which disappointed me from gethin was when he said "he thinks we should sing about our team and not at the away fans" i feel this creates a reputation at cardiff as, a hostile, intimidating place to go, and players will be a little more catious. and will this mean in 3/4 seasons, singing against opposite fans will this be banned ?

just my views tho, please feel free to object :old:

Re: my views on the atmo

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 am

I agree with what you're saying, but one part stands out above.

You mentioned about getting a seat near the standing blocks, but having to sit down. Who the HELL are the club trying to kid by saying anyone wanting to stand should go to the Canton - simply NOT ENOUGH room there for everyone, as your experience proves.