Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Double Dip On its way?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 am

Its certainly on the cards with the increase in VAT and Fuel prices getting out of control.

Lets hope not theough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12272717

Re: Double Dip On its way?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

It's a dead raving certainty IMO that a double dip recession will happen. I am baffled to where these 'private sector' jobs are going to come from, when the Government are raising VAT, sacking hundreds of thousands of public workers and inflation is well above target.

I seriously doubt George Osbourne and I think we will all suffer for it.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:00 pm

What is a double dip? I thought it was a bra size.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I am baffled to where these 'private sector' jobs are going to come from, when the Government are raising VAT, sacking hundreds of thousands of public workers and inflation is well above target.

I'm with you on that one, as a graduate (2 years this June) finding a decent career job is well on hold, the labour pool is enormous as it is and will do nothing but grow in the next 2/3 years. Whilst it's not impossible to get a job, finding a one which you want to be in is another matter.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Its certainly on the cards with the increase in VAT and Fuel prices getting out of control.

Lets hope not theough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12272717

We'll be lucky if it's only a double.

Thatcher and her cronies have cashed on on the North Sea Oil which runs out next year or very soon after that.
Fuel security is therefore reliant on good relations with either the middle east, moscow or anyone else that has it!!!!!

Power cuts may get rid of the immigrants tho :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I am baffled to where these 'private sector' jobs are going to come from, when the Government are raising VAT, sacking hundreds of thousands of public workers and inflation is well above target.

I'm with you on that one, as a graduate (2 years this June) finding a decent career job is well on hold, the labour pool is enormous as it is and will do nothing but grow in the next 2/3 years. Whilst it's not impossible to get a job, finding a one which you want to be in is another matter.

DEATH BEFORE EMPLOYMENT! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It's a dead raving certainty IMO that a double dip recession will happen. I am baffled to where these 'private sector' jobs are going to come from, when the Government are raising VAT, sacking hundreds of thousands of public workers and inflation is well above target.

I agree with you. People don't realise the size of our debt and the miniscule growth our economy is making, if any in many areas. We have had our time as a dominant force, just take a look at how China and India are growing and have taken over.

China is expecting to build over 90 new airports this year and are building cities with millions populating them for fun. Britain and America in comparison are like third world countries. Times have changed, it’s going to take a very, very long time for us to recover.

The problem with Britain also is the age population, not enough young professionals are taking over like anticipated. The government won't be able to sustain a state pension in the future. Things are bleak and not looking to get much better anytime soon.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Time to tighten those belts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12306336