Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SERIOUS DEBATE,SINGING SECTION. "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Just chucking an idea in the pot.

I know some fans like to sit close to the away fans, i'm one of them to be honest, I like a gawp, and I like the banter. It don't mean I'm going to throw things or fight my way through two rows of coppers and stewards (mind you I'm 55, so I should know better).

Next year the fans in the Ninian may be asked to relocate on certain games, how would fans and the club feel about making the Canton a full on singing section and look to take a relaxed view at implementing some of the standing laws etc.

People who like to sit could be offered seats in the Ninian whilst those in the Ninian who wish to stand could then swap to the Canton. It wouldn't be that simple (nothing is) but it could be arranged.

It could help to solve a few problems, it would help to create a full on singing section, it would help to limit problems caused by some standing in front of other who wish to sit and vice versa.

I'd love to see an end behind the goal full of flags and bouncing with the atmosphere that the packed ranks would no doubt create.

We moan about a lack of atmosphere and I see this as one way to solve that.

Also forgot to add, it may help to enable us to reduce the segregation gap between the home and away fans, this would give us bigger crowds and more cash (perhaps we could buy those lights for the pitch then, :lol:
Comments please, but keep it sensible. :old:

Re: SERIOUS DEBATE,SINGING SECTION.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

this is a brilliant idea, ive been thinking of this myself, not all of what you just mentioned here, but the way you mentioned about standing, i think if you want to stand you can, or at the ninian stand. say if half in that stand want to stand, and the other half want to sit, do it like the old bob bank but the other way around, people who want to stand locate at the top of the stand, and let the other half sit down near the pitchside.

and on the flags comment, yeah we need a big flag to pass around the stadium as the players go out, maybe to the tune of 'ill be there' or something like liverpool do at anfield with 'youll never walk alone'.

we need the atmosphere back from ninian park, we seriously do, some games ive been do its been dead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Great idea Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:12 pm

just had a convo with someone about this very thing, personally i think its a great idea. :ayatollah:

THE CANTON KOP ;)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just chucking an idea in the pot.

I know some fans like to sit close to the away fans, i'm one of them to be honest, I like a gawp, and I like the banter. It don't mean I'm going to throw things or fight my way through two rows of coppers and stewards (mind you I'm 55, so I should know better).

Next year the fans in the Ninian may be asked to relocate on certain games, how would fans and the club feel about making the Canton a full on singing section and look to take a relaxed view at implementing some of the standing laws etc.

People who like to sit could be offered seats in the Ninian whilst those in the Ninian who wish to stand could then swap to the Canton. It wouldn't be that simple (nothing is) but it could be arranged.

It could help to solve a few problems, it would help to create a full on singing section, it would help to limit problems caused by some standing in front of other who wish to sit and vice versa.

I'd love to see an end behind the goal full of flags and bouncing with the atmosphere that the packed ranks would no doubt create.

Well done, I really have no feelings either way but what does impress me is someone who thinks of solutions rather than things to moan about :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Gwyn, I have advocated for some time now changing Blocks 116 annd 117 into the singing section and relocating people who do not want to sing or stand up to a more suitable area of the ground. In sections 116 and 117 standing would be more tolerated especially at perhaps the back ten rows and in other rows for the 'big matches'. I also feel that fans in these sections should be warned in advance that their actions are beeing monitored and that any unacceptable behaviour (eg cut throat gestures towards the away fans) would mean expulsion from the 'singing section'.

This i feel would be a 'fair' compromise and this is something i think both message boards the supporters Club and the Fans Trust should be working towards. I do not agree with moving fans from Blocks 118 and 117 to accomodate the possible increase in away fans should we be promoted.

As someone else said my understanding was that the community section in the Family Stand was to allow for the expansion of the away section? However this would have the effect of placing the away fans closer to the family section and the club would have to address this with better segregation and more stewards facing the away fans.

Perhaps the away section immediately next to the home fans could be for away families only (Don't know if this is currently the case??) Also in order to accomodate any home fans that have to move from the family section as a result of the away fans moving into the 'community area' i think the Club needs to create another Family Section in the corner between the Ninian and Canton Stand.

Although i sit in Block 116 and will hopefully not be directly effected by the proposed changes i think it is the 'thin end of the wedge' and if the Club get their way and move blocks 118 and 117 to the Canton. Then they will start on block 116 and enforce a strict non standing policy there.

Personally i would not want to move to the Canton because i enjoy my view of the match from my current seat and like many others will stand up at times of excitement or to get a song going and don't see anything wrong with this as long as it does not spoil the enjoyment of others.

So i agree with setting up a singing section but believe it should be located in Blocks 116 and 117 of the Ninian Stand that way we can get songs going from at least 2 sides of the ground :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 pm

I like your idea very much.

I want to be part of this. If we got an all standing, all singing stand, all we'd have to be is even louder and the away fans would hear us.

It is time the club puts its money where its mouth is, and open up more blocks in the Canton to standing. It is permanently impossible to get two seats together in the singing blocks. Two blocks at the moment is not enough. If they are serious about tackling the problem we 'standees' cause around the stadium, then they should try and grasp this opportunity of a compromise as soon as possible.

Hopefully people with more clout and influence than myself can help on this matter

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Pricing could be awkward coz at the mo isnt the Canton Stand 1 price only whereas 117 / 118 have 2 pricing categories ?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 pm

[quote]

[quote]

id love too see this!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Nothing beats the sight of EVERY fan in the kop raising arms and scarfs during their Anthem! Magical........ :ayatollah:

Would be amazed if we ever immitated it! :(

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:24 pm

fully agree 100 per cent. Hopefully Carl or the ccfc trust can get onboard with this idea. We already have a giant flag ready to surf with arfur europe at the moment, if we can encourage others to wave flags it would be the start of our own Kop so to speak. Im sure as forum members we could generate another flag ,The issues of 118/177 standing, stewards can then be minimised and less hassale for the authorities and match day stewards. Great idea and very practical. Im in !!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Question is...

Would the majority of the singers in The Ninian Stand want to move to behind the goal?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:27 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Question is...

Would the majority of the singers in The Ninian Stand want to move to behind the goal?

The singers can sit where they want.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:27 pm

davebb wrote:

I wouldnt stand for that mate if I was u :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
davebb wrote:

I wouldnt stand for that mate if I was u :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:44 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just chucking an idea in the pot.

Sensible answer - in my opinion your suggestion is exactly how it should be dealt with.And with your add on bit below , I think the club expanding the policy it has already started by having a family only sub-section in the away end on both sides next to the home fans could reduce the buffer zone.

Less sensible answer - I don`t think either your age (I`m almost there myself) or two rows of coppers and stewards would be the most effective deterrent for you. All the club would need to do is put one or two divorce lawyers between you and the away fans :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm

milly44 wrote:just had a convo with someone about this very thing, personally i think its a great idea. :ayatollah:

THE CANTON KOP ;)

i thought "THE CANTON KOP" aswell.

I dont see why we can't do it to be honest !

:ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 pm

In my opinion the greatest football end in the game. The Kop :ayatollah: Look at this, thousands of loyal fans who want to sing wave flags etc, and this happens every game and it is safe! Why cant we do it! :ayatollah:
kop end.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Has to be done.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:05 pm

has anyone got a seat in the canton ? if so can i have the row and a seat number from that row. Im looking for a good one for the reading game in there :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Dont know what your profession is Gwyn, but you dont half come up with some good ideas :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SERIOUS DEBATE,SINGING SECTION. "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:45 pm

It would be great I am also 55 years young, but it needs to be sorted soon, season tickets are now on sale and I will want to be there with, my little pick and shovel I'll be there. ( i have not really got a pick and shovel and if I had I would not take them to a football ground, of course unless I was a groundsman)

:old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh will we still get discount if we move seats, I have posted this without looking at the terms and condition's of the platinum renewals

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

milly44 wrote:just had a convo with someone about this very thing, personally i think its a great idea. :ayatollah:

THE CANTON KOP ;)

Yes We did Milly, I am still Talking to Our Club about the situation :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

THE CANTON KOP ;)

Yes We did Milly, I am still Talking to Our Club about the situation :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I really hope the club give some ground on this, in the interest of fairness and everyones wellbeing :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 pm

canton cop i honestly think it could work would make hell of a noise :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm

I think it would work.

Also I think the club would help make it work too, didnt Carl say in his update that the club had seen signs warning people of standing and singing in areas of the ground at a la galaxy match. I can see these going up in the canton stand next season.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Nothin new about Gwyns idea. This is wot the club was telling everyone before the move from NP. What took you so long to understand? :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Agree with this.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm

chippy909 wrote:In my opinion the greatest football end in the game. The Kop :ayatollah: Look at this, thousands of loyal fans who want to sing wave flags etc, and this happens every game and it is safe! Why cant we do it! :ayatollah:
kop end.jpg

Sorry Chippy, Liverpool Fans Glory Hunters/Part-time Fans .
A few defeats and thousands go missing.