Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SERIOUS DEBATE,SINGING SECTION. "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:54 pm

I said the exact same yesterday Gwyn. Such a simple solution to a much wanted problem;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34009

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Great idea Gwyn! :ayatollah:
Not jumping on any band wagons, but I also thought about calling the Canton the 'Canton Kop'! I think it will be awesome if what Gwyn suggests takes off!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 pm

i agree. i think its a great idead. i'd love to see lots of flags and banners in the canton next season whether we go up or not. when it gets going its bouncing but having all the singers in there wud be brilliant. im not sure if someone has mention this...i havent really looked through everyones posts but with regards to the singing sections...would the whole canton stand be a standing section or only certain blocks? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:23 pm

I think you're spot on here Gwyn and its is exactly the right way to go. The old standing Bob Bank was superb when we all used to go in the middle under the TV cameras. As the singing was concentrated it was an amazing atmosphere and very impressive to see from the opposite side of the ground. For this to work 2 thing need to happen.

1 all Nininan stand singers have to buy into it and move.
2. The club has to support it and relax standing rules etc in the Canton stand.

As tickets are onsale, we need to work fast to be ready for next season. Any chance of a you or Carl / Annis can arrange a quick email / meeting to Gethyn to see if the club will support point 2?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I think you're spot on here Gwyn and its is exactly the right way to go. The old standing Bob Bank was superb when we all used to go in the middle under the TV cameras. As the singing was concentrated it was an amazing atmosphere and very impressive to see from the opposite side of the ground. For this to work 2 thing need to happen.

As tickets are onsale, we need to work fast to be ready for next season. Any chance of a you or Carl / Annis can arrange a quick email / meeting to Gethyn to see if the club will support point 2?

absolutely right.only problem i feel is that other stands may die down even more. grandstand doesnt sing at all. family stand join in but removing a few hundred from the ninian may have a bad effect but i supose it would be a great sight to see the canton stand bouncing every game. i dont see why the club is trying so hard to get people to sit during games. people in the canton have stood up throughout every game and theres no problems with it..just with the stewards. dont see why they are trying to kill the atmosphere completely

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Its not Ninian :evil:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Great idea Gwyn. I've said before a number of times, that unfortunately with a new stadium with now real history of it's own, people probably didn't really know where to sit.

We need to turn the Canton into our own "kop" in my opinion. People will soon get used to the fact that if you want some peace and quiet to enjoy your prawn sandwiches join me in the grandstand, kids? Grange. Noisy buggers in the Canton, everyone else in the Ninian.

Sounds so easy

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm

lewis91 wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I think you're spot on here Gwyn and its is exactly the right way to go. The old standing Bob Bank was superb when we all used to go in the middle under the TV cameras. As the singing was concentrated it was an amazing atmosphere and very impressive to see from the opposite side of the ground. For this to work 2 thing need to happen.

absolutely right.only problem i feel is that other stands may die down even more. grandstand doesnt sing at all. family stand join in but removing a few hundred from the ninian may have a bad effect but i supose it would be a great sight to see the canton stand bouncing every game. i dont see why the club is trying so hard to get people to sit during games. people in the canton have stood up throughout every game and theres no problems with it..just with the stewards. dont see why they are trying to kill the atmosphere completely

If the Canton is bouncing I'm sure the other stands will get caught up in the moment and follow. It needs a concentrated mass to really get things going. What we have at the moment is a Canton on half power and pockets scattered else where, so sometimes singing seems a little half hearted. The Canton Kop could be one of the most legendary ends in the Country if everyone buys into it.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
lewis91 wrote:

If the Canton is bouncing I'm sure the other stands will get caught up in the moment and follow. It needs a concentrated mass to really get things going. What we have at the moment is a Canton on half power and pockets scattered else where, so sometimes singing seems a little half hearted. The Canton Kop could be one of the most legendary ends in the Country if everyone buys into it.

yep i agree, were a noisy lot but if you think about it, its not that suprising that we have struglled so far in the stadium atmosphere wise. everyone is scattered around the place but i also think that having everyone in the canton would be awesome. for its size it will be unbelievable. hope everyone is up for going in the canton :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:03 pm

we tried doing this last season a few of us and this was our main objective, loud atmosphere and flags being waved etc.
we tried surfing the big flag but not everyone seemed up for it.

but this is a great idea and its good to see many people liking it :ayatollah:
exciting times ahead for the fan of cardiff city :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:41 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:Nothin new about Gwyns idea. This is wot the club was telling everyone before the move from NP. What took you so long to understand? :lol:

This!

I love it in the Canton. Used to be in Grange End at NP. Being away from away fans is no great loss as long as fans around you want to sing. The more the merrier!

See you all there next season! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Well, there are two 'problem standers' from the ninian here that want in. I'm sure there are more. But ONLY if we get a clear set of guidelines from the club, which they WON'T go back on. There will have to be at least one extra block for 'standing'.

I can't emphasise how much of an opportunity this is the reach a common level of happiness for EVERYONE.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 pm

the canton is the place to be :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: i love it in there :old:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Me and my brother are also in 118 and would be well up for the exodus to the Canton next if they can extend the singing/ standing section :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Me and my brother are also in 118 and would be well up for the exodus to the Canton next if they can extend the singing/ standing section :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Exc idea Gwyn. I hope the Club forwards your post to TG.

StT.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Exc idea Gwyn. I hope the Club forwards your post to TG.

StT.

This thread is with Gethin Jenkins and Julian Jenkins as you post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Exc idea Gwyn. I hope the Club forwards your post to TG.

StT.

This thread is with Gethin Jenkins and Julian Jenkins as you post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

All good positive stuff, I really think its a turning point that will drastically improve the atmosphere.

it's now in both the fan's and club's interest to work together on this to make it happen.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Was this not what the club wanted before the move??

When I bought our ST's in the Canton I did so knowing that blocks 105 & 106 where designated standing/singing areas. I was told that this was the ONLY area in the ground where standing would be tolerated. People still bought tickets situated next to the away fans, and then they wonder why they get grief off the stewards for persistent standing? :?
Since the move, I have not once been told to sit down (in block 106).

Hopefully next season some of the fans from 117 & 118 can come and join us, and then maybe we can make some decent noise :ayatollah:

The only problem with it is, everyone in the Canton seems quite happy with how it is at the moment, so I'm not sure how you will all fit in :lol: Hopefully the club can sort it out.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 pm

If they can extend the singing/ standing areas in the Canton I'm sure most people will relocate there from 117/118 which will in turn create an electric atmosphere which I'm sure will rub off on the players and other parts of the stadium we can be the fans every opponent talks about in positive terms :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:38 pm

spear 21 bluebird wrote:we tried doing this last season a few of us and this was our main objective, loud atmosphere and flags being waved etc.
we tried surfing the big flag but not everyone seemed up for it.

but this is a great idea and its good to see many people liking it :ayatollah:
exciting times ahead for the fan of cardiff city :ayatollah:

We tried our best last season but was hard to generate momentum. thankfully through the medium of this fourm changes seem reality, We 've had marches, forum buses, great debate, all didnt seem possible but now things are great. We all need to buy into this idea and sing with passion and chant in the Canton. iM Sure the giant flag can be kept in the Canton stand when we surf it like the kop and if gethin jenkins or whoever is in charge will allow flag poles in the canton this will encourage flags to come in, welsh flags, blue and white city flags any flags, flags of the nationalities of the players for example like at the kop... Great to see people realising this could be the way forward :ayatollah: :ayatollah: This could free up stewards and reduce polava trying to police the 117/118

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Annis do you think the club would be making a decision by February 1st about the possibility of extending the singing/ standing section before we commit to buying our season tickets so we at least know where to choose our seats :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Annis do you think the club would be making a decision by February 1st about the possibility of extending the singing/ standing section before we commit to buying our season tickets so we at least know where to choose our seats :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Have asked for 250 Seats to be together, Club will get back to me in next few days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:Annis do you think the club would be making a decision by February 1st about the possibility of extending the singing/ standing section before we commit to buying our season tickets so we at least know where to choose our seats :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Have asked for 250 Seats to be together, Club will get back to me in next few days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They'll give you those seats in the corner that are always the last to sell out :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now that would be fantastic news, lets hope for the best if you do can you put me and my brother Jamie (ccfcgrangeend) down for two spaces it would be awesome to get members of this forum together in some sort of capacity. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now that would be fantastic news, lets hope for the best if you do can you put me and my brother Jamie (ccfcgrangeend) down for two spaces it would be awesome to get members of this forum together in some sort of capacity. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will do :ayatollah:
I hope it happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Annis, would a blind eye regarding standing be given to these 250 seats?

And thank you for getting this to the club :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:16 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Annis, would a blind eye regarding standing be given to these 250 seats?

I've Been Guaranteed it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Annis, would a blind eye regarding standing be given to these 250 seats?

Good, let's hope something can be done.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good, let's hope something can be done.

Hope so Chris :ayatollah: :ayatollah: