Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SERIOUS DEBATE,SINGING SECTION. "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 pm

The world is full of compromises and this seems to be a fair one. We all would like to steam into the away fans, but as an alternative the Canton would be good to genearate atmosphere. Can we have no seats behind the goal??

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Now has to gather momentum imo as the renewal forms have been issued. My seat has been at the back of the Canton since the stadium opened (formerly Grange end in Nin) and I look forward to the atmosphere every game, always rowdy etc.

We need to get all the 'boys' in there and get it proper bouncin, which imo will ignite the whole place. The away fans can be left to get on with their own thing now, its too on top steward wise etc at CCS and the fun element is being drained slowly in that respect.

Lets all be in the Canton as one as show the Prem (when we get there) how Wales' finest do it!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

In the early 80's the Canton stand in NP used to be where the best atmosphere was. And the away fans were miles away on the open Grange End.

If the noise is good from there it could spread to other areas as well.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:In the early 80's the Canton stand in NP used to be where the best atmosphere was. And the away fans were miles away on the open Grange End.

I use to Sit there Tim :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Forget the Canton Kop could this be.......

THE NEW BOB BANK

with wording on the roof to this effect?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:In the early 80's the Canton stand in NP used to be where the best atmosphere was. And the away fans were miles away on the open Grange End.

I use to Sit there Tim :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And me when I was about 14, my neigbour used to take me and a couple of other lads. Although I sat toward the back in the middle, most of the singing came from the end towards the Bob - probably only about 300-400 boys, mainly late teens, used to make a hell of a racket though under that low roof.

Although being near away fans helps the 'banter', its a losing battle the way its going, I cant see the club changing their minds, and in fairness they DO have a point . Time to show that the FANS have a plan B :lol:

Personally I won''t be moving from 115, as our group are all in there, most of us with kids, and the 4-5 of us in there who DO sing will carry on on our own anyway. we dont stand up much anyway as we are too lazy :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Annis, would a blind eye regarding standing be given to these 250 seats?

And thank you for getting this to the club :ayatollah:

I've Been Guaranteed it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

this is great news for the atmosphere of the ground, get everyone in the canton and lets get the place bouncing :ayatollah:

be good to do some of the things cefn fforest bluebird suggested as well :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 pm

At last!!!

Brought this up and sugeested these ideas for a singing stand on CCMB during our move to CCS when we were all debating where to buy our ST's.

Been championing the Canton on here ever since I joined this board, I love it there, I am in row V in 105 good lads there. If anything tempted to move further back where the songs tend to start.

I personally cant sit in my seat and watch City play, I find it feckin impossible!!
:ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:23 pm

It's all talk, no action. Everytime. It'll be the same terrible atmosphere against Reading as it has been all season like against Leeds at home when all of them were bigging up the game and how much we detest them, it was better but it was still pretty bad.

Re: SERIOUS DEBATE,SINGING SECTION.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
chippy909 wrote:In my opinion the greatest football end in the game. The Kop :ayatollah: Look at this, thousands of loyal fans who want to sing wave flags etc, and this happens every game and it is safe! Why cant we do it! :ayatollah:
kop end.jpg

Sorry Chippy, Liverpool Fans Glory Hunters/Part-time Fans .
A few defeats and thousands go missing.

Same for all teams though, every team has its loyal fans who will be there no matter what the situation but then every team also has its fair weather supporters. Even at Cardiff a few bad results and we see a dramtic drop in attendance. I bet if we were mid table now we'd struggle to get 15k.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:33 pm

great idea gwyn. im up for that! that would improve the atmosphere drastically in my opinion

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

well done gwyn very good for a boy from snake valley

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:42 pm

‎" ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MOVING SEATS IN THE STADIUM"
2,000 EMPTY SEATS

link here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34295 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:48 pm

annis EVERY club has season ticket holders that dont turn up

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Sludge wrote:annis EVERY club has season ticket holders that dont turn up

Sludge, both your posts tonight are Daft, this one and on the other thread.

Ive said there are 2,000 Empty Season ticket Seats AVAILABLE TO BUY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

It would be great if we could all meet at the ninian park pub before the game,have a few drinks even try and get some ideas for new songs then leave together for the ground :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Cheers Gwyn, Meeting Julian tomorrow down the Ground :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:49 am

see its a good idea and i want to sing but i cant site behind the goal its an awful view for me