Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ok, I've done it!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:02 pm

After bluebirds23 called for guests to join, and me being a lurker for almost a year, I've decided to take the plunge and register.
Apologies for the new thread but I thought it may help other guests in my position to register. You see, I carry the dreaded affliction of being a ... New fan. It is this stigma which has prevented me from joining before and no doubt prevents many other guests. Maybe it is the fear of sounding a bit clueless and that our opinions wont count, a feeling of low self worth.  A bit like a swansea fan.  
Anway, by way of introduction my name is jon, and at 39 I'm a bit of a late starter. Although I wasn't totally green as regards Cardiff city, as I'd watch games on tv and even read a couple of annis' books! But my first game wasn't until the playoff final. Again as I new fan I feel the need to defend myself by saying this was not a glory hunt but a bonding exercise with my dad.
He has been going down the city for 50 years but due to me working away and playing in a band etc I just never found the time to go, but thought it would be nice to share in his biggest passion for a day, other than watching him get all emotional and stuff when talking about the real Madrid game and the old days. 
From then on I have been hooked, came home after the Blackpool game flogged my guitar and bought a season ticket. So if there are any other guests like me, who are reading this, come out from behind your keyboards, WE MUST NOT FEEL ASHAMED!! 
Sorry for the length of the post, it's longer than one of carls but minus th interesting information. 

Finally after waiting to do my first live ayatollah at the start of the season, as no one around me joined in, instead of feeling like I was taking part in a mutual display with like minded fans, I was reduced to looking like I needed to be sectioned as the lone man in the crowd tapping his head with his hands. So now I will leave you with a digital  celebration of the said display, where I won't feel as daft. Hopefully.    :ayatollah:  

Re: Ok, I've done it!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Welcome aboard. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

welcome aboard :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Welcome :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: welcome mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Welcome on board mate - we are all city fans whether new or old. While, I've been watching the city for many years, I'm fairly new on here myself, but everyone seems very welcoming and I have been able to express my views without any prejudice or pre-conceptions from any of the long standing members.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Welcome to the forum - Dont hesitate to ask any Mods if you have any questions or queeries.....

Keep the QUEERies for Milly though, he likes to get involved in certain issues..... ;)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Merlin wrote:Welcome to the forum - Dont hesitate to ask any Mods if you have any questions or queeries.....

Keep the QUEERies for Milly though, he likes to get involved in certain issues..... ;)

ahh a new bit of meat 8-)

welcome mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:29 pm

milly44 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Welcome to the forum - Dont hesitate to ask any Mods if you have any questions or queeries.....

ahh a new bit of meat 8-)

welcome mate :ayatollah:

Feck - you dont miss a trick do you! (thats good to know! ;) )

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Welcome! :ayatollah:

I envy the new fans, they've saved a fortune!! :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Welcome on board Mate we were all 'new' fans once but now i'm a very old fan :old: :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Get out while you can. :lol: :lol: ...Welcome mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 pm

welcome to the board :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

least my thread got one on here haha :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Jon, Great to have you on board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm

WELL DONE YOU - welcome to the board

OH one thing HOW could you compare yourself to a JACK fan ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

never in my wildest nightmares can i imagine how bad it is to be one of them ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Great first post mate, and welcome to the madhouse.

I only started found this MB after the play off final, and must confess that after being a regular in the 70's and 80's I stopped going during the 90's (marriage, job, new baby etc) and became an armchair fan for a while.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no set number of games/years of "experience" or any exams to become a bluebird. You either are one or you're not. In my opinion anyway, and from what I've read, is shared by the vast majority here.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the experience.

SOME DO :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm

welcome on board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: watch the strange ones on here :o

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:welcome on board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: watch the strange ones on here :o

Spoken like a TRUE professional lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Flogged your guitar Eh

Want to buy a new one?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Sorry willy, can't consider buying a guitar, I've got to pay for a new season ticket soon, whilst hiding it's true cost from the mrs, she probably thinks they are only about 150 quid or something ;)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Welcome mate!! Qualitiy first post!!

Be carefull though coz it's a relationship wrecker! :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Welcome mate!! Qualitiy first post!!

Be carefull though coz it's a relationship wrecker! :lol:

Yer and it fecks up your brain cels I use to work for NASA , now can get a job with ASDA :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Vid wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Sorry willy, can't consider buying a guitar, I've got to pay for a new season ticket soon, whilst hiding it's true cost from the mrs, she probably thinks they are only about 150 quid or something ;)

Time.....

I have a whole shed full of guitars in various states of repair, some could be picked and played, just not set up the way I like them, others with missing bits, some simply abandoned. I tried to build the "ultimate" guitar but failed.