Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DRINKWATER LOAN CLARIFICATION "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:28 pm

There was or is not a problem between City and Man Utd nor has Fergie thrown his toys out the prank, several weeks ago Drinkwater requested that he could go back to Old Trafford, today it was agreed between all parties that it would be best for all concerned if Danny went back.

Thank you Danny for your help.

Re: DRINKWATER LOAN CLARIFICATION

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Any reason Carl, why he wanted to return? Home sick? :cry:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Merlin wrote:Any reason Carl, why he wanted to return? Home sick? :cry:

Prob because he wasnt playing enough
shame cause he started well start of the season :(

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Why did he want to go back Carl is it due to lack of game time?
Last edited by Hallett on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

he didnt look at the races against Stoke really and picked up a knock ........ maybe the " easy life " of Man U reserves isnt so challenging as the sleeves up grafting roll reqd for Championship football , unless he fancies another loan to League 1 again ?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Make sense....Gabbidon on loan?? Then sign him up in the summer

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:33 pm

He was ok but never really set the club alight. I can't see him becoming a big Premiership player in the future. Probably will be high Championship ala Chris Eagles. Shame he left but I won't be losing any sleep over it. Best of luck with the future Drinkwater.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:33 pm

yes, thanks Danny, & any chance Mr ferguson can lend us Ryan Giggs instead? :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:34 pm

so if this is the case then can Koumas go back to Wigan aswell ?? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:There was or is not a problem between City and Man Utd nor has Fergie thrown his toys out the prank, several weeks ago Drinkwater requested that he could go back to Old Trafford, today it was agreed between all parties that it would be best for all concerned if Danny went back.

Thank you Danny for your help.

carl, are we looking to replace him with another loan midfielder? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:so if this is the case then can Koumas go back to Wigan aswell ?? :ayatollah:

NO! because that Jack B*stard wont want him back! :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:so if this is the case then can Koumas go back to Wigan aswell ?? :ayatollah:

NO! because that Jack B*stard wont want him back! :lol:

yeah he loaned us a donkey , good move by him :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:44 pm

no loss really is it :) lets go get another loan :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

WHU signed Gary O'Neill so maybe they might loan out Collison in a similar fashion to Ramsey assuming he's fit ?? :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

im thinkin that may be he his goin gout on load to posh bk 2 league 1 i think???/

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Make sense....Gabbidon on loan?? Then sign him up in the summer

Gabby is over 24 and we already have four over 24 loans, we cannot have anymore.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Craig, My personal Opinion, after getting injured and playing well for us, DJ rushed him back with NO RESERVE GAMES BEHIND THE LAD and PUT HIM STRAIGHT IN TO THE JACK GAME, UNFIT, Nightmare of a game and once again DJ Ruins young kids careers.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

He wasn't match fit for the Jacks game, but I don't think he ever did anything that stands out anyway and with the bodies coming in I think he'd have struggled to get in the squad never mind the starting XI

Good luck to the boy wherever he ends up.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Shame, I liked Drinkwater, though him and Oli played well together at the start of the season.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Shame, I liked Drinkwater, though him and Oli played well together at the start of the season.

I rated him quite high, once again another youngster sent packing.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

It's a decent move to open up squad space. We've 7 loans and 5 spaces with him & Koumas being my choice for the boot from the match day squad each time. He shows bags of enthusiasm and passion but lacks any sort of touch or ability to pick a pass, which is what we need at the moment. He's a young Gavin Rae in my eyes.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

PtB wrote:He wasn't match fit for the Jacks game, but I don't think he ever did anything that stands out anyway and with the bodies coming in I think he'd have struggled to get in the squad never mind the starting XI

He was superb start of the season, pre-injury.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:45 pm

nerd wrote:
PtB wrote:He wasn't match fit for the Jacks game, but I don't think he ever did anything that stands out anyway and with the bodies coming in I think he'd have struggled to get in the squad never mind the starting XI

He was superb start of the season, pre-injury.

Def was.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Craig, My personal Opinion, after getting injured and playing well for us, DJ rushed him back with NO RESERVE GAMES BEHIND THE LAD and PUT HIM STRAIGHT IN TO THE JACK GAME, UNFIT, Nightmare of a game and once again DJ Ruins young kids careers.

Absolutely Spot On :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " DRINKWATER LOAN CLARIFICATION "

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Wasn't playing enough is probably the reason why he wanted to go back.. we didn't really give him a chance. Cheers Danny. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 pm

He's not really sent packing, he just has to realise that there is better quality here and he needs to monitor his fitness more carefully

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 pm

I cant see him bringing in another loan midfielder,

koumas out
drinkwater out

j.thomas in
ramsey in

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Lol pathetic blaming DJ for this.....he cant be blamed for everything, maybe h2o wasnt good enough at this level......some of you guys harp on about sniping, yet cant wait to snipe at DJ for anything and everything, getting really tiresome!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Words taken out of my mouth! Against Portsmouth he was immense but DJ rushed him back and then proceeded to play him left wing :? Mental!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:I cant see him bringing in another loan midfielder,

koumas out
drinkwater out

j.thomas in
ramsey in

good point cotta :ayatollah: