A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andy Gray sacked

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Not a suprise

not news on Richard Keys yet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9373280.stm

Re: Andy Gray sacked

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

This f*cking country should be ashamed of itself!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:36 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:This f*cking country should be ashamed of itself!

Your so wrong JW, nothing to do with the country. Sky had no option whatsoever, whilst some may agree with what Andy was saying, he was working in a well paid job speaking to people he so obviously couldn't trust. His comments 'off mike' were immature and unprofessional. Richard Keys must follow, his 'off Mike' comments were demeaning and sky can't take the chance of not being seen as a diverse brand.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Well said. That is way over the top. Can only assume they were looking for an excuse to save money and took this as the easy route to doing so.

OK, they said things that they shouldn't have on TV, unaware they were on TV or whatever the situation was. They are entitled to an opinion wether we agree with it or not. Whoever flagged this up wants to take a look at themselves because at the end of the day(regardless of him having a few bob or two) somebody has lost their job over something so small.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Love the sun head line talking about last nights match "he's fat, He's Round, he watched it in his lounge, Andy gray..........Andy gray"

At least he wont go short, I suspect there is some money involved with a compromise agreement of some sort.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:Love the sun head line talking about last nights match "he's fat, He's Round, he watched it in his lounge, Andy gray..........Andy gray"

At least he wont go short, I suspect there is some money involved with a compromise agreement of some sort.

he end up on itv LOL

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:41 pm

PtB wrote:

Well said. That is way over the top. Can only assume they were looking for an excuse to save money and took this as the easy route to doing so.

OK, they said things that they shouldn't have on TV, unaware they were on TV or whatever the situation was. They are entitled to an opinion wether we agree with it or not. Whoever flagged this up wants to take a look at themselves because at the end of the day(regardless of him having a few bob or two) somebody has lost their job over something so small.

Your only saying that cos he's a jock :D

His and keys replacements are Dickie Davies and David Icke.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:Love the sun head line talking about last nights match "he's fat, He's Round, he watched it in his lounge, Andy gray..........Andy gray"

Back page of The Daily Mirror

Its a game of two HALFWITTS

The PC brigade can bleat on as much as they like ITS A MANS WORLD, 99% of most powerful jobs are held by men, how many countries are run by women......germany? It wont change in a long time....f**k it im gonna try and join the WI and when im refused gonna kick off about sexism!

when his keys out the door then lads? 2moz lol

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm

PtB wrote:

Agree with you PtB

Someone on my Facebook said earlier that Andy Gray is suing News of the World. News of the World owned my the same people who own Sky. They were looking to get rid.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm

its not like he did a ron atkinson is it :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Forgive me for sounding cynical but I believe SKY have only done this because Andy Gray has been getting a lot of negative press recently regarding his dour nature and attitude. I don't think they would have done this had he had been in his pomp.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Unbelievable.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm

women :roll:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 pm

they withdrawn that woman linesman from her game tonight to :shock:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Im hearing its not to do with recent events, something he said in 2010

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Zabier wrote:Forgive me for sounding cynical but I believe SKY have only done this because Andy Gray has been getting a lot of negative press recently regarding his dour nature and attitude. I don't think they would have done this had he had been in his pomp.

and he was crap with the half time technology, by the way does anyone find that drawing lines of players runs interesting ? In fact I dont know why I've got sky sports I never watch it.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:04 pm

video leaked from before the Wolves v Liverpool game as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JxxlUU ... r_embedded

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:05 pm

This!!!!!!!!! WHy dont we just replace him with a gay female muslim and get it over with!!! 20 years of unblemished service and the guy loses his job over a throw away off air comment! I fear for this country sometimes, we get hysterical about the stupidest of things! A slap on the wrist and a suspension would have sufficed!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Sacked for that! Im f*cking tamping! Hate this country!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm

ive no problem with women in the game, the more the merrier but to be sacked for what he said is such a joke!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:11 pm

should have been sacked after his ridiculous comments about barcelona

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 pm

should have woman presenter doing all the games now be fun and games that will LOL

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

If andy gray got sacked for that, we should all be sacked because i know ive said about birds where i work if they are good looking or not, its between mates, just like women do about blokes!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
PtB wrote:

Your only saying that cos he's a jock :D

His and keys replacements are Dickie Davies and David Icke.

Nah, I think he's a bit of a cock!!!!!

Never trusted those Drumchapel boys!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01_04/sky.mp3 for those who haven't heard it

I didnt think it was that bad we've all had a laugh and joke and made the odd sexist comment, it was a private conversation between Gray and Keys thats been been blown way out of proportion imo

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:57 pm

2 words
stitched up

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:06 pm

He wasn't sacked for those comments, just had a warning, hence why Keys hasn't been sacked.

He was sacked for making some inappropriate gestures at a female presenter apparently.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Sorry but this smacks of sexism. If they had said comments about a male official off air nothing would be said. But lets get this right these comments were said off air and it was a sneak an absolute low life that recorded it and reported it. It was comments made between two adults that was private. I dont care about high wages, position of trust shit !! they are within there rights to say what they like to each other. And as for a certain Karen Brady she really pisses me off always shouting the Sexism card. Any criticism and bang Sexism at its rankest comments. Well what about the abuse we gave the Riddler ? could she of handled that ? Like feck could she. This is a Mans sport played by Men (apart from the non interesting Women's league) it is where we go to be MEN !! I dont mind having Women in the game but if you cant stand the heat or pressure or the piss take or Men being Men then please go and do something more Girly .

I will tend my resignation to Annis in the morning Chgiefs :lol: :lol: :lol: