Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Andy Gray sacked

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:10 pm

100 % agree with PTB and JW. PC f*cking nonsense and agree with the point, it didn't go out on air so why f*cking highlight .

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Claire wrote:He wasn't sacked for those comments, just had a warning, hence why Keys hasn't been sacked.

He was sacked for making some inappropriate gestures at a female presenter apparently.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Claire wrote:He wasn't sacked for those comments, just had a warning, hence why Keys hasn't been sacked.

He was sacked for making some inappropriate gestures at a female presenter apparently.

this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cS8OkAi ... r_embedded

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:19 pm

griffy wrote:

this one?

No idea, it's just what they have been saying on the news today.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:22 pm

wonder where he will end up?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:23 pm

griffy wrote:

this one?

again there is nothing too inappropriate said just a bit of banter :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:36 pm

I am surprised that it's cost Andy Grey his job and in my opinion the whole thing stinks of double standards by SKY, afterall this is the organisation which has a segment on it's flagship Saturday morning show Soccer AM for the Soccerette.

Now if parading young women normally wearing not a great deal in front of male study guest who are all making Blokie hooting noices is not sexist then I don't know what is.

When Jonathan Ross made that disgusting phone call to Andrew Sachs I think the BBC got the punishment absolutely right and IMO SKY could and should have suspended Andy Grey & Richard Keys for a few months.

Private conversation or not they should have known better than to make unguarded comments when there are people around with cameras and microphones, they are entitled to their opinions but that was not the time and place to make them public.

As you can guess I think Andy Grey has been badly treated afterall he has been doing this job for 19 years and IMO this is a case where the punishment doesn't fit the crime. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm glad he's been sacked, can't stand the arrogant jock prick. He has the attitude that his opinion is the only one that counts and he thinks he knows more about about footy than anyone. Good riddance. :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 pm

There,s too many ex footballers working in the media. just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:39 pm

blue nile wrote:There,s too many ex footballers working in the media. just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so would you rather a football commentator/pundit who didnt have a clue what they were talking about :?:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:48 pm

double standerds with sky.last year the boss,es were telling the sky sports girlie presenters to sex it up on screen with their appearance.can someone find the link? and post please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm

lostcityboy wrote:double standerds with sky.last year the boss,es were telling the sky sports girlie presenters to sex it up on screen with their appearance.can someone find the link? and post please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 776976.ece :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:59 pm

cheer,s for that one castle.i must have read it last year looking at the date lol :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:14 pm

i think Andy Gray and Richard Keys should be sacked after their ignorant,sexist comments on TV.
Sky Sports should set an example and give their jobs to female presenters.
Preferably ones with really big tits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Good posts for & against Gray's sacking, TBH even before all this, I thought he was passed his sell by date. There are much better pundits in the media than him. I'm surprised Sky have stuck with him this long.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Ah well its done now....

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/hom ... 41826&ap=1

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:35 pm

An old Chinese proverbs "what is told in a ear of a man is often heard a hundred miles away".

Its all Im saying on the matter, I havent recovered from last night as yet. :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 pm

this country is becming a laughing stock!!

what a joke, andy gray getting sacked for making a joke between a mate of his of air FFS!!
how many people in britain have made similar remarks??? i'd say 99.9% of the population have made a remark that would cause offense to someone, lets face it you can;t please everyone and i think it won't be long befre society will stop talkin altogether because of being afraid to offend someone! what a palava.

its at the point where people are afraid to say anything just incase they offend someone

what happened to freedom of speech??

people have opinions to which others don;t agree does this opinion also cause offense?? it could so perhaps we should all just say nothing in case we offend someone

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am

Hallett wrote:
blue nile wrote:There,s too many ex footballers working in the media. just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so would you rather a football commentator/pundit who didnt have a clue what they were talking about :?:

You havn't got to be an ex footballer to know about the game. My problem is there are too many, some ex footballers are great pundits Jason Perry for instance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: