Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

shame about andy gray

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:47 pm

getting sacked, andy gray was one of the few people to defend the pitch invasion after the leeds f.a.cup game, whilst the rest of the world were trotting out the usual lies about riots and whatever else they could think of i remember gray going on tv and radio explaining that it was just a peaceful pitch invasion, always liked him since then.
and if its the same lineswoman as the one at the coventry cardiff game this season, she is crap :D

Re: shame about andy gray

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 pm

It makes most blokes now say get Women out of football. But i have to say fair play to the Lino "She didn't make a complaint or hasn't done a Karen Brady and given it the sexism shit .

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:15 pm

streamfeeder wrote:getting sacked, andy gray was one of the few people to defend the pitch invasion after the leeds f.a.cup game, whilst the rest of the world were trotting out the usual lies about riots and whatever else they could think of i remember gray going on tv and radio explaining that it was just a peaceful pitch invasion, always liked him since then.
and if its the same lineswoman as the one at the coventry cardiff game this season, she is crap :D

That referee's assistant at Coventry was crap, but there are crap male ones too, so it's not about what sex they are that makes them good/crap.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 pm

i never said it was about if she was a male or female, simply stating that she was crap, actually one of the worst performances i have seen from a lino, and thats saying something!, i find it remarkable that someone could get sacked for what i would describe as a bit of banter with his mates, and i think its a shame thats all.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

streamfeeder wrote:i never said it was about if she was a male or female, simply stating that she was crap, actually one of the worst performances i have seen from a lino, and thats saying something!, i find it remarkable that someone could get sacked for what i would describe as a bit of banter with his mates, and i think its a shame thats all.

He wasn't sacked for that though, just had a warning. He was apparently sacked for making inappropriate gestures at a female presenter.

If those comments were made in an office or any other place of work they would have had a warning, why should him being a football commentator make a difference? Banter with mates is all well and good, but in his place of work is not acceptable to air these views.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:It makes most blokes now say get Women out of football. But i have to say fair play to the Lino "She didn't make a complaint or hasn't done a Karen Brady and given it the sexism shit .

And you didn't express that opinion in my topic, why?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Is this a good time to bring up the subject of changing your avatar back Claire?

Too soon? ;)

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Claire wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:getting sacked, andy gray was one of the few people to defend the pitch invasion after the leeds f.a.cup game, whilst the rest of the world were trotting out the usual lies about riots and whatever else they could think of i remember gray going on tv and radio explaining that it was just a peaceful pitch invasion, always liked him since then.

That referee's assistant at Coventry was crap, but there are crap male ones too, so it's not about what sex they are that makes them good/crap.

It was the same assistant at coventry as the wolves - liverpool game wasn't it?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:56 pm

themadhatter wrote:
Claire wrote:

It was the same assistant at coventry as the wolves - liverpool game wasn't it?

The one at Coventry had short hair if I remember rightly. So unless Sian Massey is now wearing a wig, I would say it is not the same person.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 pm

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... _page.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 231900.ece

Gray fell for the former Olympic gymnast Suzanne Dando when she landed a job alongside him on Sky Sports in 1999. Gray told tabloid reporters that his womanising days were over: "With age, I hope, comes maturity. I certainly do not see myself with anyone else."

Until recently he was engaged to Rachel Lewis, an ex-model and the former wife of his long-time friend and agent and he wants to return to live in Back, Outer Hebrides on the Isle of Lewis in the near future.

Gray was married twice before, to Vanessa Taylor and Jacqueline Cherry. He has fathered five children, by four different women - his two ex-wives and former girlfriends Sara Matthews and Janet Trigg.

Clearly loves the women, just not football related :roll: