Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF THERE IS A GOD?????

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

IM PRAYING FOR 3PTS AGAINST THE DINGLES TOMORROW!!!!! :roll:

AROUND 5,000 Wednesday fans will flock to Alan Irvine's "debut" at Barnsley – with a promise from the Owls new manager.
Irvine today made it clear that though his stated priority is to tighten up the team's defending he will also rely on attacking flair in the battle for Championship safety.

He said: "I hope people don't think that we're just going to shut up shop and go for a 0-0 draw.

"I understand the culture of this club, and it's important to play to the culture of the club.

"I know that Sheffield Wednesday fans will not be happy if all we do is defend.

GOOD LUCK BOY'S WE NEED IT!!!!! :oops:

Re: IF THERE IS A GOD?????

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Ah .... Alan Irvine, sacked for his failure to motivate and bring out the best in his staff, and following his dismissal, he ends up being promoted to a bigger club on probably a higher annual salary - Only at football does this happen. :oops:

Not a good appointment IMHO.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Joff wrote:Ah .... Alan Irvine, sacked for his failure to motivate and bring out the best in his staff, and following his dismissal, he ends up being promoted to a bigger club on probably a higher annual salary - Only at football does this happen. :oops:

Not a good appointment IMHO.

A cheap option one thinks???? :roll:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:19 pm

well there are only 5 or six managers available is there not?.

Megson - sacked once again and now once again available !
magilton - sacked once again and now once again available !
Laws - was sacked but has now been promoted to the Premiership
Holloway - was sacked but is now with Blackpool !
Ferguson - sacked but is now with Preston, replacing Irvine ( who was shit)!

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Joff wrote:well there are only 5 or six managers available is there not?.

Megson - sacked once again and now once again available !
magilton - sacked once again and now once again available !
Laws - was sacked but has now been promoted to the Premiership
Holloway - was sacked but is now with Blackpool !
Ferguson - sacked but is now with Preston, replacing Irvine ( who was shit)!

who do you think should have had the job! Ive heard Irvines on 5k a week!!!! He's a cheap option in my eyes if it all goe's pear shaped for him! Cheap to get rid! Its the Wednesday way over the last 15 years!!!!!! :cry:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 pm

i think you should have looked down the leagues andy scott at brentford is agood young manager or eddie howe at bournemouth if cardiff got rid i would like to see andy scott :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 pm

how about promoting within...... like they used to do at many clubs.

I would say Brian Mcdermott (ex - city) may get the best out of Reading as the players respect him as he used to meet and greet all new trainee's etc

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm

sam salim wrote:IM PRAYING FOR 3PTS AGAINST THE DINGLES TOMORROW!!!!! :roll:

AROUND 5,000 Wednesday fans will flock to Alan Irvine's "debut" at Barnsley – with a promise from the Owls new manager.
Irvine today made it clear that though his stated priority is to tighten up the team's defending he will also rely on attacking flair in the battle for Championship safety.

He said: "I hope people don't think that we're just going to shut up shop and go for a 0-0 draw.

"I understand the culture of this club, and it's important to play to the culture of the club.

"I know that Sheffield Wednesday fans will not be happy if all we do is defend.

GOOD LUCK BOY'S WE NEED IT!!!!! :oops:

SAM HAMMAM MY LORD SAM HAMMAM :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:26 am

He was'nt my choice as manager Annis as you well know! But hes the one who has been chosen to manage the Wednesday so we have to give our all to support him and the team! Starting from today!Managers have struggled at clubs in the past and moved on and done wounders at other clubs!Lets hope he turns us around! Onwards and upwards! KEEP THE FAITH!!! Thats all we ever seem to say us boy's! So LET'S KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: