Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ADAM MATTHEWS LATEST

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:23 pm

500k for a non-first team regular Championship player is good business IMHO. A decent sell on clause because he MIGHT be the next Gareth Bale is also fair. We don't need him at the moment. He obviously thinks he is worth
more than the club are willing to pay him, so its goodbye and good luck to you Adam.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Wash DC Blue wrote:If his sale means that we could shore up our defence while keeping our top starters, it will strengthen our promotion push.
Since he will go relatively cheaply in the summer anyway...I see this as good business.
This season is shit or bust for us and Adam isn't going to help us this season.

Who said he would not have signed a new contract in the summer?

He's only a kid ffs. How do you know how we would develop with some proper man management skills?

City should do all they can to keep hold of their academy talent. It should not be about business.

If Jones fails (again) this season then our new manager may be able to get the best out of him.

Who says that he would sign in the summer?

Danny, would you rather we didn't sign a new defender, sign a defender but sold one of our (top) starters, or sold a kid that is going to go in the summer, to sure up the defence?

He may turn out to be a GREAT player in which case it seems that we are working on a solid sell on clause.
Unfortunatly it is about Business and we are still brassic due to the last administration.
If we want to buy another defender it seems as though we have to sell somebody and I would rather sell him than Bothroyd, Chopra or Burke right now.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:39 pm

The club at last trying to put sell on clauses into deals, Riddler never did :twisted:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi
As far as I understood the information ,wasn`t Matthews part of a player exchange deal as well money,so is that still the case or have things changed.If there is another player involved then I presume there are no other snags to the deal ??
:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:59 pm

honestly have no idea why we are selling him...silly move in my view...

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 pm

hi, new to the forum btw :ayatollah:

another city youth sold and at a small fee of 500k. hopefully he fills his potential unlike Gunter!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

ccfc10- wrote:hi, new to the forum btw :ayatollah:

another city youth sold and at a small fee of 500k. hopefully he fills his potential unlike Gunter!

ahh welcome aboard :lol: :lol:

its true, but i dont rate him as high as some people do
but as long as we get a decent sell on clause then i feel its good business in my opinion :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:12 pm

theres only one adam matthews
one adam matthews
he plays at the back
hes blue and not jack
walking in a matthews wonderland

gonna miss adam, thought he was gonna be our next thing, should of offered him a contract alot sooner!!

:( :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:05 pm

I quite glad he`s going if we are able to strength the squad further, doesnt look like he`s going to make it big, can`t get in our squad and I`ve never seen him have a good game.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Really sorry to see Adam go..In the right hands he will bloom
as a player and a person.

Will we be left with a 'Dad's Army' team under Jones I wonder? :o

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm

It really saddens me when I see our young talent drifting off to other clubs like this :(

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Gutted. Matthews is a superb talent who, in my view, has been very badly handled and nurtured by Jones. With a better and more professional approach I honestly believe he would be one of the first names on the team sheet by now. He's up there with Ramsey as being one of the best young players we have ever produced. What a waste. Shame on you Dave Jones!