Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A bit of respect!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi,

I have been a long time reader of this forum but do not post. But lately I have got fed up with the personal vendetta Annis nd many other posters have against Dave Jones on this forum. Every topic created by Annis is another way of slagging him off. The latest topic regarding youth contained the following quote:

"But Serious, look at Matthews/Wilding/Drinkwater(I know not a Cardiff lad) and they are only the youngsters at this moment he has left them to rot or ruined them. A Great team in My Opinion and a team The Fans can relate to should without doubt have some local talent in it. We have a Great Accademy But Jones has No Care for it, WHY ? WHY DOES HE NOT LIKE YOUTH ? I for one love watching local Talent. How can Naylor(DJ's Pal/Chum) be better than Matthews."

Now, are you suggesting that youth players should play ahead of other players just because we should be supporting youth even though they are not the best option?

Drinkwater
Dave put drinkwater in the starting team as soon as he arrived on loan. He done well but got injured and has not been the same player since. Jones's fault? No

Wildig
At the moment wildig is not a better player than what we currently have in that position. He is being sent out on loan get more first team experience and hopefully come back a better player. Is that Jones letting him rot? No

Matthews
All the talk of £5m to Man Utd was bulls**t papertalk. If a club like man utd wanted him they would have bought him. He has shown glimpses of being a good player but nothing more. We have a top consistent player in Kev ahead of him and i dont see Adam taking the RB slot ahead of him for many years. Saying Matthews is a better player than Naylor is irrelevant. Naylor is a LB, matthews is a RB. We need a solid shape to our team and this means playing our only recognised LB in Naylor in that position. Celtic being the only club looking at the so called next big thing whos contract is out at the end of the season shows to me that he's not as highly rated as everybody thinks.

I know everybody is entitled to their opinion but this constant abuse of Dave Jones is getting boring. Im waiting for the topic which says Dave Jones is to blame for the state of the pitch!

He has improved this team year on year and taken a championship club to the FA cup final. Doesnt he deserve a little bit of credit. He has brought in top players over the years ( whitt, burke, roger, bothroyd) on a shoe string. Yes he's bought some duds, but so has fergie and wenger. Lets support him for the rest of the season and get behind the team!!!

Re: A bit of respect!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

hear hear

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 pm

if he gave some respect to the people that pay hundreds/thousands to watch cardiff city year in year out, he may get some back :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:42 pm

milly44 wrote:if he gave some respect to the people that pay hundreds/thousands to watch cardiff city year in year out, he may get some back :ayatollah:

What has he done to disrespect you?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:43 pm

milly44 wrote:if he gave some respect to the people that pay hundreds/thousands to watch cardiff city year in year out, he may get some back :ayatollah:

SPOT ON Milly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am entitled to my Opinions on Dave Jones, I pay my money and Support the team :ayatollah:

First post hmm

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:45 pm

At the end of the day, DJ is paid to manage a football team, not suck up to fans or their over inflated air of self importance

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I am entitled to my Opinions on Dave Jones, I pay my money and Support the team :ayatollah:

First post hmm

Whats the problem with it being my first post, 2nd or 1000th. I also had a private message come through saying I shouldnt be saying this on my first post. Everybody has a first post.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

adr wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

First post hmm

Whats the problem with it being my first post, 2nd or 1000th. I also had a private message come through saying I shouldnt be saying this on my first post. Everybody has a first post.

Well I have not sent you anything, I say what Ive got to say for everyone to see, I can see youve come on here to truely cause a good debate :lol:
Why did you not post your first post under the the actual Topic ?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Hmmmmmmmm someone in disguise......again, maybe ;)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

You don't have to suck upto anyone on this board and you certainly don't have to agree with them. There's been many topics where Annis and I have disagreed but as adults we accept we won't agree with everything and move on from it. It's about being adult and putting your point accross properly. Not coming on here and abusing folk because you can't agree with them.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 pm

PtB wrote:You don't have to suck upto anyone on this board and you certainly don't have to agree with them. There's been many topics where Annis and I have disagreed but as adults we accept we won't agree with everything and move on from it. It's about being adult and putting your point accross properly. Not coming on here and abusing folk because you can't agree with them.

Correct Paul, I Love Different Opinions and enjoy good debates, Slagging other members off wont be accepted on here and can go on another forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Hmm... posts keep disappearing from this topic. Ones which may be at odds with certain people. How very odd.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:You don't have to suck upto anyone on this board and you certainly don't have to agree with them. There's been many topics where Annis and I have disagreed but as adults we accept we won't agree with everything and move on from it. It's about being adult and putting your point accross properly. Not coming on here and abusing folk because you can't agree with them.

Correct Paul, I Love Different Opinions and enjoy good debates, Slagging other members off wont be accepted on here and can go on another forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Trust you to come on and agree with me after what I just said :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Correct Paul, I Love Different Opinions and enjoy good debates, Slagging other members off wont be accepted on here and can go on another forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why did you delete the previous post on here then? And delete yours questioning what someone meant?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I have to agree while I have nothing against this forum or anything on it, there does seem a personal vendetta in place and everything seems twisted as a stick to beat DJ with, also everyone is entitled to an opinion buy peoples opinions can be wrong.

Also I don't mind DJ sucking up to the fans, he's here to do a job and he's doing it. He often praises the away support but I prefer that he isn't a pandering moron. Brian Laws always talks about the fans of whoever he's managing most of the time managers do it as a front to cover up how shut they are doing

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Annis, i just tried to answer your question to me regarding what i meant by my comment, but your question has been deleted so i will answer anyway......we as fans (i include myself) believe Ccfc owe us something for our support, whether in the form of recognition after games etc, but this in the grand scheme of CCFC doesnt really matter its just nice for us to feel a bit important.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Annis, i just tried to answer your question to me regarding what i meant by my comment, but your question has been deleted so i will answer anyway......we as fans (i include myself) believe Ccfc owe us something for our support, whether in the form of recognition after games etc, but this in the grand scheme of CCFC doesnt really matter its just nice for us to feel a bit important.

I deleted my comments to you because I felt they were wrong by me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Annis, i just tried to answer your question to me regarding what i meant by my comment, but your question has been deleted so i will answer anyway......we as fans (i include myself) believe Ccfc owe us something for our support, whether in the form of recognition after games etc, but this in the grand scheme of CCFC doesnt really matter its just nice for us to feel a bit important.

Crikey, we agree on something :lol:

We pay our money to CCFC in order to gain entrance to the stadium on match days. They don't owe us anything other than putting on a football match every other week.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:At the end of the day, DJ is paid to manage a football team, not suck up to fans or their over inflated air of self importance

This is comment im refering to annis

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 pm

davebb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Correct Paul, I Love Different Opinions and enjoy good debates, Slagging other members off wont be accepted on here and can go on another forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why did you delete the previous post on here then? And delete yours questioning what someone meant?

I've just found what you think of the posters on here

your post below

They clearly didn't teach you to spell then. Or instil you with any decent values.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:10 pm

At the moment I guess there are other players ahead of them in their respective positions and we are about to enter the most crucial part of the season so their opportunities are going to be limited.
They need to be playing competitive football and unfortunately regarding Adam Matthews, he is going to be out of contract and obviously thinks that his 1st team chances are going to be restricted here (certainly in the short term) so he hasn't resigned a contract.

I guess him signing a new contract and going out on loan for the remainder of this season would be the ideal situation but unless they can agree a new contract then the club are going to try and maximise the loss of a young player.

davebb wrote:

We pay our money to CCFC in order to gain entrance to the stadium on match days. They don't owe us anything other than putting on a football match every other week.

Who said they owe us something ?

Forever Blue wrote:

I have not abused or slagged off anyone, I just wanted to start a debate a find out why our manager gets no credit for the work he's done.

Im nobody in desguise, im just a fan like everyone else. I appologise if my first post came over too strong and anybody has been disrespected. It was topic which I felt strong about and wanted to air my views.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I deleted my comments to you because I felt they were wrong by me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair enough, it might have come across as having a personal dig at you, rest assured if that was the case i would either have your name on the post or more likely pm you, but it was aimed at all ccfc fans :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:
I've just found what you think of the posters on here

your post below

They clearly didn't teach you to spell then. Or instil you with any decent values.

Annis, that was a reply to an individual user in a totally different topic. What has it got to do with this topic?
Last edited by davebb on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adr wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have not abused or slagged off anyone, I just wanted to start a debate a find out why our manager gets no credit for the work he's done.

Im nobody in desguise, im just a fan like everyone else. I appologise if my first post came over too strong and anybody has been disrespected. It was topic which I felt strong about and wanted to air my views.

Look I have prob now answered this 500 times, I am not a DJ fan and Dont rate him, I am not going to re-write my reasons for the 500th time, But I am entitled to my Opinion, like you are for supporting him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:13 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fair enough, it might have come across as having a personal dig at you, rest assured if that was the case i would either have your name on the post or more likely pm you, but it was aimed at all ccfc fans :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:16 pm

davebb wrote:

Did you know that Since 1978, We have had a Supporters Player of the year Do every Year, even when we were 3rd from Bottom of Division 4.
But guess what Dave Jones last Season became the first Manager in City;s History to Cancel it, just because he thought fans might be unhappy because we never went up. Just one example of many of DJ's Respect of Our Fans.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm

In the end , it is DJ's job as a manager to make these decisions and at the end of the season he will be judged on them :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm

billy ronson wrote:In the end , it is DJ's job as a manager to make these decisions and at the end of the season he will be judged on them :ayatollah:

Correct and I believe We should of been promoted in previous years, but thats my Opinion and I am entitled to it, just like those who Support him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: