Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: A bit of respect!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

adr wrote:Hi,

I have been a long time reader of this forum but do not post. But lately I have got fed up with the personal vendetta Annis nd many other posters have against Dave Jones on this forum. Every topic created by Annis is another way of slagging him off. The latest topic regarding youth contained the following quote:

"But Serious, look at Matthews/Wilding/Drinkwater(I know not a Cardiff lad) and they are only the youngsters at this moment he has left them to rot or ruined them. A Great team in My Opinion and a team The Fans can relate to should without doubt have some local talent in it. We have a Great Accademy But Jones has No Care for it, WHY ? WHY DOES HE NOT LIKE YOUTH ? I for one love watching local Talent. How can Naylor(DJ's Pal/Chum) be better than Matthews."

Now, are you suggesting that youth players should play ahead of other players just because we should be supporting youth even though they are not the best option?

Drinkwater
Dave put drinkwater in the starting team as soon as he arrived on loan. He done well but got injured and has not been the same player since. Jones's fault? No

Wildig
At the moment wildig is not a better player than what we currently have in that position. He is being sent out on loan get more first team experience and hopefully come back a better player. Is that Jones letting him rot? No

Matthews
All the talk of £5m to Man Utd was bulls**t papertalk. If a club like man utd wanted him they would have bought him. He has shown glimpses of being a good player but nothing more. We have a top consistent player in Kev ahead of him and i dont see Adam taking the RB slot ahead of him for many years. Saying Matthews is a better player than Naylor is irrelevant. Naylor is a LB, matthews is a RB. We need a solid shape to our team and this means playing our only recognised LB in Naylor in that position. Celtic being the only club looking at the so called next big thing whos contract is out at the end of the season shows to me that he's not as highly rated as everybody thinks.

I know everybody is entitled to their opinion but this constant abuse of Dave Jones is getting boring. Im waiting for the topic which says Dave Jones is to blame for the state of the pitch!

He has improved this team year on year and taken a championship club to the FA cup final. Doesnt he deserve a little bit of credit. He has brought in top players over the years ( whitt, burke, roger, bothroyd) on a shoe string. Yes he's bought some duds, but so has fergie and wenger. Lets support him for the rest of the season and get behind the team!!!

My Answers are in here, Dont know why you started another topic on the same Subject
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34202 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Adr

I read this on another Forum, have you slagged him off yet ?

Interesting Read :ayatollah:

I was quite saddened to hear of Drinkwater's departure as I thought he had a lot to offer our midfield in terms of energy, aggression, and creativity.

He joins a long list of youngsters crushed by DJ such as Gunter, Ramsey, Blake, Matthews, Wildig and to a certain extent Quinn.

Gunter was only picked after playing well for Wales away to Germany. Ramsey was either benched or played at left back while the hapless Rae strutted his stuff in midfield. Blake has been pushed from piller to post playing left back, right back, centre back, and occasionally midfield dog, but more often than not dropped for the likes of Naylor or Rae. Matthews was doing really well until a couple of errors saw him get a public hanging and sidelined for months on end.

These youngsters will make mistakes but they are all talented players who just needed an arm around them and then given a run of games to develop confidence and build momentum.

However, over the years the likes of Rae and now Naylor have put in piss poor performances but were still given game time over our youngsters. This has led to our performances being a little sluggish and lacking that high tempo you need at this level.

W~ith Drinkwater and Wildig gone, and Ramsey only here for a month we are left with yet another sluggish central midfield with the likes of Oli, Rae, and McPhail that will fail to protect our over worked back four.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
billy ronson wrote:In the end , it is DJ's job as a manager to make these decisions and at the end of the season he will be judged on them :ayatollah:

Correct and I believe We should of been promoted in previous years, but thats my Opinion and I am entitled to it, just like those who Support him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong though, there have been many teams in the last few years with much bigger transfer budgets than us and much deeper squads how can you think we should have been promoted. Yes we had a great chance against Blackpool but we did well to get into the top 6 last season and narrowly miss out the season before

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

botw2 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
billy ronson wrote:In the end , it is DJ's job as a manager to make these decisions and at the end of the season he will be judged on them :ayatollah:

Correct and I believe We should of been promoted in previous years, but thats my Opinion and I am entitled to it, just like those who Support him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong though, there have been many teams in the last few years with much bigger transfer budgets than us and much deeper squads how can you think we should have been promoted. Yes we had a great chance against Blackpool but we did well to get into the top 6 last season and narrowly miss out the season before

An Opinion is an Opinion, I NEVER SAID IT WAS FACT .

I Will tell you a Fact in 113 games under DJ When We are 1 nil down DJ has come BACK TO WIN A WHOPPING 9 GAMES :shock:
I have been down his road on prob 500 occasions and given My reasons for not being a fan of his, read previous posts to your questions.
Sorry but you or anyone else will not force me to like him, Thats whats good about this Forum, YOU LIKE HIM and I DONT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 pm

I like DJ alot of time for him personally, does he still have an England 3 lions keyring on his car keys though?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:I like DJ alot of time for him personally, does he still have an England 3 lions keyring on his car keys though?

What if he has? Makes him patriotic. I have no problem with that.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sergeant Dribble wrote:I like DJ alot of time for him personally, does he still have an England 3 lions keyring on his car keys though?

I was asking a question, didn't say I have a problem with it. Chill Winston!!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I was asking a question, didn't say I have a problem with it. Chill Winston!!

And I wasn't accusing you of having a problem with it. Chill Margaret.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:10 pm

maccydee wrote:And I wasn't accusing you of having a problem with it. Chill Margaret.

Sergeant Dribble, to you.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:An Opinion is an Opinion, I NEVER SAID IT WAS FACT .

I Will tell you a Fact in 113 games under DJ When We are 1 nil down DJ has come BACK TO WIN A WHOPPING 9 GAMES :shock:
I have been down his road on prob 500 occasions and given My reasons for not being a fan of his, read previous posts to your questions.
Sorry but you or anyone else will not force me to like him, Thats whats good about this Forum, YOU LIKE HIM and I DONT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So you stalk him too Annis? :o :lol:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm

themadhatter wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:An Opinion is an Opinion, I NEVER SAID IT WAS FACT .

So you stalk him too Annis? :o :lol:

:lol:

I was prob at All those games .

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:28 pm

My Answers are in here, Dont know why you started another topic on the same Subject
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34202 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I created a new topic as i thought my views were more centered on Dave Jones and not the Youth players as your topic was focused on. Didnt think it was that much of a problem.

I am not a major supporter of Dave Jones, there are many times where I am baffelled by his tactical decisions. I just dont understand why he gets no praise. He has had to manage this team even though top players had to be sold to pay off debt. There are many a manager who would have walked away if their star players were being sold and they had not been given the cash to reinvest.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:32 pm

I praise him :lol: :lol: just me mind :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:34 pm

adr wrote:My Answers are in here, Dont know why you started another topic on the same Subject
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34202 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I created a new topic as i thought my views were more centered on Dave Jones and not the Youth players as your topic was focused on. Didnt think it was that much of a problem.

I am not a major supporter of Dave Jones, there are many times where I am baffelled by his tactical decisions. I just dont understand why he gets no praise. He has had to manage this team even though top players had to be sold to pay off debt. There are many a manager who would have walked away if their star players were being sold and they had not been given the cash to reinvest.[/quote]

Forever Blue posted

Wrong, you pasted on here stuff from that Topic and then Blatantly went for me and started a New Topic.
Yes I am very strong on my opinions on DJ.
He had loads of money Fowler/Hasslebank/Sinclair/ Feeney just 4 players there that in the same season were given over £60,000 a week in Wages.
What about Eddie Johnson £25,000 a week.

I could go on and on and on. But Ive debated all this before and No one proved me wrong.
We spent 4 times the Jacks/Blackpool in wages last season.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

That's another stick people beat DJ with when he's gone a goal down he's only come back so many times, check most other managers record, especially those who've managed a club the size of ours. The first goal in football is all important and the majority of the time a team who goes infront will hang on and not lose.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

botw2 wrote:That's another stick people beat DJ with when he's gone a goal down he's only come back so many times, check most other managers record, especially those who've managed a club the size of ours. The first goal in football is all important and the majority of the time a team who goes infront will hang on and not lose.

Please Show me at least 2 other managers with that record :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote: He had loads of money Fowler/Hasslebank/Sinclair/ Feeney just 4 players there that in the same season were given over £60,000 a week in Wages.
[/quote]

And in that season took a championship club to the FA cup final!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 pm

adr wrote:
Forever Blue wrote: He had loads of money Fowler/Hasslebank/Sinclair/ Feeney just 4 players there that in the same season were given over £60,000 a week in Wages.

And in that season took a championship club to the FA cup final![/quote]

Has he ever Won anything at Cardiff in over 5 years, GREAT MANAGERS WIN PROMOTIONS/CUPS etc etc.
Youve started me now, HE IS A BOTTLER and FAILS TO GET OVER THE FINAL HURDLE.

Lets hope after 6 years here HE CAN DO IT FOR US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
adr wrote:

And in that season took a championship club to the FA cup final!

Has he ever Won anything at Cardiff in over 5 years, GREAT MANAGERS WIN PROMOTIONS/CUPS etc etc.
Youve started me now, HE IS A NEARLY MAN.

Arsene Wenger hasn't won anything in 6 years, doesnt mean anything!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Arsene Wenger hasn't won anything in 6 years, doesnt mean anything!

OH OK, Prob not Won much in his Career :roll:

Has Jones in 20 years of Management ?

Rem its you making me have a go at him :lol:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

adr wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:You don't have to suck upto anyone on this board and you certainly don't have to agree with them. There's been many topics where Annis and I have disagreed but as adults we accept we won't agree with everything and move on from it. It's about being adult and putting your point accross properly. Not coming on here and abusing folk because you can't agree with them.

Correct Paul, I Love Different Opinions and enjoy good debates, Slagging other members off wont be accepted on here and can go on another forum. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have not abused or slagged off anyone, I just wanted to start a debate a find out why our manager gets no credit for the work he's done.

Im nobody in desguise, im just a fan like everyone else. I appologise if my first post came over too strong and anybody has been disrespected. It was topic which I felt strong about and wanted to air my views.

DJ gets plenty of credit off me on this board

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:
maccydee wrote:And I wasn't accusing you of having a problem with it. Chill Margaret.

I'm actually a real Sergeant so by all means refer to me by that.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Im nobody in desguise, im just a fan like everyone else. I appologise if my first post came over too strong and anybody has been disrespected. It was topic which I felt strong about and wanted to air my views.[/quote]

Carlccfc
DJ gets plenty of credit off me on this board[/quote]

TO MUCH :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sergeant Dribble wrote:

I'm actually a real Sergeant so by all means refer to me by that.

Neil and Rightly you are My Friend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Sergeant Dribble, to you.[/quote]

I'm actually a real Sergeant so by all means refer to me by that.[/quote]

Neil and Rightly you are My Friend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Weird thing for him to say though.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:26 pm

is CCMB down again are they all coming over here :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Dave Jones gets credit when it's due all the time! Even people with the strongest views that he is not up to it (including me) will openly admit that he got it right, but that would mean he would have to get it right...

All too often however, DJ's tactics are all wrong! Take Swansea for example...

He played Chopra on the wing which Chops even disputed that it was the wrong place for him to be.
Burk, a player whos attacking ability would tear apart the likes of Tate, was warming the bench.
Jones took our strongest part of OUR game, ATTACKING, away from that match and instead of looking to win, he was hoping not to lose.

The day we get get promoted I will happily admit that DJ deserves a hell of a lot of credit! And I will join in, singing his name from the stands. BUT, until that day comes, I will have my doubts in his ability to motivate the team, get the game tactically correct and most of all, show any form of gratitude to the biggest part of the club, the fans.

As I have stated previously, you can have the best players in the world in your team, but without the manager being able to motivate and play them correctly, they will not achieve nearly as much as possible.

Rant over...

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 am

adr wrote:

And in that season took a championship club to the FA cup final![/quote]

And who did we beat on the way to the final?! The only Premiership team we beat was a poor Middlesbrough side, the rest were either Championship or below. The fact we got to the FA cup final looks good on his CV but at the end of the day as soon as we came up against someone who was a little bit better than us, we lost. He also made dreadful mistakes in the final but I'm not going to go into that.

I'm with Annis on this, and I have never met him (so no one can accuse me of being biased), and I tend to disagree on a lot of points that he makes. But when he comes to DJ, he's spot on. He doesn't respect the fans who at the end of the day, if we didn't go to the matches then he wouldn't be paid. Yes they don't owe us fans anything, but at the end of the day a manager in a shop has to respect and be kind to his/her customers because they pay your wage and without them you are nothing.

He doesn't or won't play kids for whatever reasons I don't know, and it's pathetic.

He has no plan b in a game, and doesn't seem to know how to change the tactics when things arn't going well.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 am

Fair play I respect all the oppinons of everyone on here despite of postcount or being owner of the board etc.

I do like and respect Annis for his oppinions a lot of which he's spot on and how he lets us know how the club is going we should be grateful, he may sometimes seem very stuck by them but I think every supporter is and we're all supporters of the great Cardiff City so we're all entitled to them.

I happen to agree with what you're saying about Wildig, perhaps Scotland isn't the right place for him but I don't see a place for him now we're out of the cups. Give him a chance to play elsewhere, as I said Scotland may not overall be the right place but you never know what Wildig might do up there, he could end up coming back here full of confidence and ready to take anyone on for they're place in the team.

I wish we'd kept Drinkwater as I feel he could be useful as backup, he was rushed back from injury and despite that being possibly DJ's fault, we don't all know the players mentality. If he really is United quality, then he should be able to fit straight back in and do a job, however we were atrocious in the Swansea game. But I think we shoulda kept the lad on.

As for Matthews I'll be sad to see him leave, I'm scared to see that he may be a RB in disguise but is better off as a RM. Maybe in the Sheamus Coleman mould? I think he could do an excellent job at RM if he was convinced.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 am

sammorgz wrote:Fair play I respect all the oppinons of everyone on here despite of postcount or being owner of the board etc.

I do like and respect Annis for his oppinions a lot of which he's spot on and how he lets us know how the club is going we should be grateful, he may sometimes seem very stuck by them but I think every supporter is and we're all supporters of the great Cardiff City so we're all entitled to them.

I happen to agree with what you're saying about Wildig, perhaps Scotland isn't the right place for him but I don't see a place for him now we're out of the cups. Give him a chance to play elsewhere, as I said Scotland may not overall be the right place but you never know what Wildig might do up there, he could end up coming back here full of confidence and ready to take anyone on for they're place in the team.

I wish we'd kept Drinkwater as I feel he could be useful as backup, he was rushed back from injury and despite that being possibly DJ's fault, we don't all know the players mentality. If he really is United quality, then he should be able to fit straight back in and do a job, however we were atrocious in the Swansea game. But I think we shoulda kept the lad on.

As for Matthews I'll be sad to see him leave, I'm scared to see that he may be a RB in disguise but is better off as a RM. Maybe in the Sheamus Coleman mould? I think he could do an excellent job at RM if he was convinced.

Cheers, I do Respect everyones different Opinions and I encourage a Good Debate on here, its healthy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: