Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

moving to the canton will make atmosphere worse

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 pm

i feel the singers should be in the ninian next to away fans.
in the canton it sounds loud but the away fans will hardly hear you and you wont hardly hear them..
most away fans want banter with the home crowd but the ninian stand will be even worse and it will be embarressing if the singers that are there move leaving the ones who stay to get taunted etc..
i think the club are going for the easy way out here.. why not change the grange and canton around?? or make a few blocks of the ninian a singing section??
most away games ive been to the more vocal home fans are always near the away end and doesnt matter what excuses that anyone says everyone knows the atmosphere would be bouncing if they changed the canton and grange around but only cardiff city could f**k that up and think diferently..

Re: moving to the canton will make atmosphere worse

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

I disagree - I sit in the center of the Canton behind the goals, and the AWAY fans when voicing together, always sound VERY LOUD! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

I was thinkin exactly the same earlier mate funnily enough, i'm in the canton already, but like u say we can barely hear the away fans unless they bring a good number down (apart from watford)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Merlin wrote:I disagree - I sit in the center of the Canton behind the goals, and the AWAY fans when voicing together, always sound VERY LOUD! :ayatollah:

i was in there last season and only a few times they were heard and not loud whatsoever.
go in the ninian or family stand and the away fans are loud and the canton can hardly be heard even when you see loads of arms in the air its muted up this end.
i think moving singers to the canton is a bad mistake.. but thats just my opinion..
if this move happens i will search this thread next season to say i told you so :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:i feel the singers should be in the ninian next to away fans.
in the canton it sounds loud but the away fans will hardly hear you and you wont hardly hear them..
most away fans want banter with the home crowd but the ninian stand will be even worse and it will be embarressing if the singers that are there move leaving the ones who stay to get taunted etc..
i think the club are going for the easy way out here.. why not change the grange and canton around?? or make a few blocks of the ninian a singing section??
most away games ive been to the more vocal home fans are always near the away end and doesnt matter what excuses that anyone says everyone knows the atmosphere would be bouncing if they changed the canton and grange around but only cardiff city could f**k that up and think diferently..

swap the canton with grange would be a great idea but cardiff will never do that , why dont they think of the famalies who are having abuse of away fans ,
havind a family stand next to away fans is just stupid if u ask me

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 pm

the only ones who will think its loud will be the ones in the canton.. hope i get proved wrong though :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 pm

The problem is, The Club Wont let us, so we have to try and make the atmosphere else where :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Sod the away fans , its about making our atmo better. Aslong as there players can here us calling them a wan*er we are all good :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Totally agree with you jinks the atmosphere will be even worse we should all stand firm and stay where we are, I can't see how the club can tell us standing is against the law in all seated stadia and against health and safety and then allow it in another part of the ground, they are scaremongering to get us to move I don't believe we we will lose 117, no surrender !

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 am

the blue path wrote:Totally agree with you jinks the atmosphere will be even worse we should all stand firm and stay where we are, I can't see how the club can tell us standing is against the law in all seated stadia and against health and safety and then allow it in another part of the ground, they are scaremongering to get us to move I don't believe we we will lose 117, no surrender !

i think fans should stay where they are i feel they will be sorry and it will be to late to go back..
the atmosphere will be worse can u imagine we go up and 3000 odd geordies , scousers or mancs etc singing when all around them theres home fans just sitting there doing nothing and in the distance a faint barmy army lost in the air :(
stay where you all are for at least another season my opinion is.
when those premiership fans come into town i want to be right next to them singing my heart out :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:02 am

IM in the Canton and I can hear the away fans no problem and its always buzzing in the Canton, if you pack all the singers into one place it just makes other parts of the ground sound like a grave. cos there will be no one there to sing.
what you neeed is to get the Ninian all sinning,that then would be one hell of a Buzz , most or all Ninian and all the Canton
going it will really rock. At The Wolves ground the Mol they got all there Fans with the voices behined the Goals at the North and south ends that place Rocks like hell. Also they have banter with there own fans , the Fans shout south stand South stand , and then you got the North shouting North stand ,North stand its like banter with each other.
We have a new ground we also need new songs

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 am

the blue path wrote:Totally agree with you jinks the atmosphere will be even worse we should all stand firm and stay where we are, I can't see how the club can tell us standing is against the law in all seated stadia and against health and safety and then allow it in another part of the ground, they are scaremongering to get us to move I don't believe we we will lose 117, no surrender !

They can tell you that cos its all down to health and safty as always. wrong but they got the laws they have to stick to.
and cos you have old people sitting all over the place like young the old people cant stand all up for a long time, so you have to think of them also.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 pm

there are old people in the canton stand too, so the same rules should apply in there

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:19 pm

the blue path wrote:there are old people in the canton stand too, so the same rules should apply in there

i think the club are palming the fans off with easy option of offering the canton to fans in the ninian stand to move them from the away fans.
i think the fans in the ninian should stay where there are instead of becoming lemmings for jenkins.. :o

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 pm

but if we go up then CCFC have to give or at least offer 2,700 away tkts so what choice is there but NOT to sell ST's for 117 / 118 ? This will continue to roll on no doubt :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:but if we go up then CCFC have to give or at least offer 2,700 away tkts so what choice is there but NOT to sell ST's for 117 / 118 ? This will continue to roll on no doubt :ayatollah:

i just hope what ever happens its for the best

Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:50 pm

be interesting to see what plans they got for the concourse area underneath 118 / 117 ? :ayatollah: