Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SEEN AS BLACK SWAN BROUGHT UP SAM

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:20 pm

and must think he is back, OH I Wish. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Please Answer HONESTLY, I RESPECT ALL OPINIONS

SAM HAMMAM or PETER RIDSDALE

Who would you rather at THIS MOMENT IN CHARGE OF OUR CLUB and WHY ?

Re: SEEN AS BLACK SWAN BROUGHT UP SAM

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Neither!!!

Im sure this was done to death already? :roll:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Merlin wrote:Neither!!!

It has been Merlin, but I Miss him :cry: :cry:
PR has done this to me.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:24 pm

i liked sam, he brought something to the club, he had charisma, people forget what he did for cardiff city.
i know he messed up but you cant help liking the man.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 pm

SAM - cause for me Cardiff City would still be lower league without the success' of play off final, FA cup final, some quality players, new ground, promotions multi million pound signings if it weren't for Sam. FACT. :ayatollah:

And before someone mentions the debt dont forget Sam never secured the debt against the club.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:26 pm

and he gave cardiff the popularity and following it has now.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Neither!!!

It has been Merlin, but I Miss him :cry: :cry:
PR has done this to me.

He had an undeniable passion for the club and a will to succeed - but he was dangerous with money, especially his own!

Sam in someways because he got us in to the championship, built the academy which has been massive for us and he started the dream of the stadium. But then he also nearly destroyed our club. Then you have Peter Ridsdale who delivered the stadium and had started to sort the clubs debts out until recent times but has now started going down the same road as Sam. Both have been equally good and bad for the club. If i had the choice to do it all again i would say Sam..

i want to meet sam, then i can make my mind up, annis as you know i dont take people from what others say, i really would like to meet the man and say

'' did you and have you ever dreamt of taking city to the premiership'' and look into his eyes for the answer then i will know if i will like or dislike the man

rob b

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Sam

but if possible neither, we need someone mad like sam but a billionaire

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i want to meet sam, then i can make my mind up, annis as you know i dont take people from what others say, i really would like to meet the man and say

'' did you and have you ever dreamt of taking city to the premiership'' and look into his eyes for the answer then i will know if i will like or dislike the man

rob b

Baz, He really did believe he could take us all the way.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Sam.

You can just imagine him now being at the new stadium with his ladders, personally taking down the Cardiff Blues signs :lol:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Ross Young wrote:Sam.

You can just imagine him now being at the new stadium with his ladders, personally taking down the Cardiff Blues signs :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT I GUARANTEE WOULD HAPPEN :lol:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i want to meet sam, then i can make my mind up, annis as you know i dont take people from what others say, i really would like to meet the man and say

rob b

Baz, He really did believe he could take us all the way.
well one day when we meet he will tell me, i found him such a charismatic figurehead, quite a formidible leader,

sam i know you read this get my number off annis and give me a call

baz

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 pm

I did a poll a few weeks ago it finished Sam 88% the Riddler 12% so there you go Annis your butty wins Hands down. :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I did a poll a few weeks ago it finished Sam 88% the Riddler 12% so there you go Annis your butty wins Hands down. :ayatollah: :lol:

THANKYOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Now for FEENEY to Win, might be harder to convince.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Neither tbh
but if i had to chose it would be sam, he seemed to love the club unlike the knob we have now

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Was we not in the championship when Sam left? We may be higher in the division now therefore signalling a success story but its not. We wouldnt be where we are now financially if the club had been run successfully.
Did sam sell season tickets before xmas? I dont think so therefore also signalling next years revenue virtually nil and void for summer transfers.

There not paying the bills as it stands :roll:

Im worried more about next year!!

Heres to the hope of investment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Neither

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Tough question.
I think that the years under Sam were the most enjoyable since I've been supporting City (only supported since '98 :lol: ), although he did get us in an absolute f**k load of debt. When Sam was in charge, I always had some sort of support for him right up until the end of him in charge. This is probably because of the relative success that had happened in the last few years. Looking back now, it was a lot of fun and I hold loads of great memories of Sam's reign, but the damage that has been done to the club during that time will always marr those few years.
Ridsdale on the other hand, I was always very wary of him when he arrived at the club in that temporary role and then was even more so when he was put in full charge of the club. In the last year I have become ever increasingly worried about what he is doing to my club. (Increased by Annis' posts on the messageboards :ayatollah: ).

At the moment though I would rather neither of them in charge of our club, but if I HAD TO PICK ONE, it would be Sam. Merely because of the memories I have of the period he was in charge and the fact that I feel no connection to Ridsdale that i did with Sam. (or is it that there is no loyalty from the current chairman?!)

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

I would love to see Sam in charge, forgetthe financial shit we have been on the brink of going bust near more times than I can remember since I started supporting city 20 years and numerous chairmans ago.

Sam gave many people the dream, the passion, the valley rams, full houses at ninain park, Million pound players, the building blocks for the new stadium and many good times like we have never seen before.

The atmosphere in the new stadium is not because its the new stadium, or missing ninian, ninian was quite at many times,

take the leeds game as an example, the atmosphere that day came from

1) It was the biggest game we had played for many years
2) We had a passionate chairman
3) We had players on the pitch who showed passion & commitment, Young, Legg Kav etc who believed in Sams dream
4) The fans were on a high because of Sams dream / vision of the "sleeping giant" being woken up
5) we were a club on the up, the team everyone else wanted to beat

at the moment
1) the next game is no bigger or exciting than the last (we have played Arsenal, Liverpool, won a play off final, played in a FA cup final)
2) We dont have a Chairman, Manager, Captain that shows passion, commitment wears his heart on his sleave (only one required to get the crowd going)
3) One big tackle, one running back the length of pitch to win the ball back etc etc lifts the crowd, two or three players showing this commitment every game creates an atmospher
4) our vision is not going into administration despite being in a good league position
5) We are no bigger than the rest of the division

For all Sams faults he gave me the best journey of my life, some of the best home games and some of the best away trips and the most enjoyable football years of my life

Sack

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 pm

I would not like any of them to be in control of our finances as they have both proved to be imcompetent at this, but if i had to pick one of the 2 to be on the clubs board it has to be Sam, because he got us where we are now and in a time when we were at rock bottom he came and lifted us and got us all to live the same dream he had, i would have loved for him to have seen that dream through, and now with the new stadium in place it could have been possible.

I also have had the pleasure of meeting both of them, Peter is a true gentleman in my opinion and speaks well, where Sam is as mad as anything and is like one of us. :ayatollah:

With Sam the dream was to be bigger than BARCELONA, with Ridsdale if we carry on we will be no bigger than Barnet. :roll:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:37 am

i want risdale gone, dont want sam back but will always respect him for putting passion back into our club CHEERS SAM

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:52 am

sam!!! gave city fans back there pride after so many years and gave us promotion up too the championship, the joy of the play off final victory in our capital city the maddness of his plans, players contracts etc his plan to do the hannibal elephant trek over snowden pmsl at the guy and he really did think he could acheive it all!!!. Then he got carried away and let his heart rule his head in trying to overspend to reach the premier goal. But the thing that strikes me is his fall from grace was at the hands of the man he gave a final chance to in the football world.......... peter ridsdale!!........ ridders shafted sam now he`s shafting us as he shafts our club!!!! the guys a dose of syphalys on humanity lets rid the club of this b*stard :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:59 am

Sam every time. Remember we were six points clear when he left, with a great bunch of kids coming through the ranks. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:02 am

when i think of sam hamman it brings back great memorys, he made me realize just how special city are i was much more passionate back then think somehow he made the atmosphere better. i want him back as long as he dont try and get us to wear green :lol:

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:54 am

I agree with a lot of the posts above.

In life we all make mistakes and if we are honest some of us have made some BIG ones. Why should Sam be any different - he's only human!

Sam had the passion and the desire to take us to the premiership and, even now, continues to follow the club.

His enthusiasm and antics are legendary and this is one of the reasons why people warm to him and why the TV love him - although they may not show this at times.

Above all he was prepared to put his whole reputation on the line for us and did so and I for one will always appreciate what he did for the club.

Going Forward - the sooner he comes back to the club the better in my opinion.

Paul Keevil

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:09 am

Sam, at least he was getting us into debt for the right reasons.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:37 am

SAM before he came we had no hope no plan no chance.the man gave us hope and a belief that this club will be great again,cheers SAM .
under risdale well,nothing but lies and bullshit.where has all the hope and fun gone?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:15 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:Was we not in the championship when Sam left? We may be higher in the division now therefore signalling a success story but its not. We wouldnt be where we are now financially if the club had been run successfully.
Did sam sell season tickets before xmas? I dont think so therefore also signalling next years revenue virtually nil and void for summer transfers.

There not paying the bills as it stands :roll:

Im worried more about next year!!

Heres to the hope of investment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

When Sam left,We were 6pts clear at the top of the Championship.