Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The new fan & support

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Before im slated for spelling mistakes ect, my education= is the University of life... nothing academic, please bear with me.

I have been a city fan for years, (i remember Ronnie moore, phyl dwyer ect)

Having read alot of the Threads on here of 'lack of vocal support' can't stand up and show youre happy.

last season i took my two boys to thier first game, (sheff wed) i always sit top right hand corner of The Ninian, close to the canton where all the noise is.
We scored first, i was up joining the chant, and giving the the one arm salute, my boys joined me, then when we scored again, my boys were screaming, loving it, then a group next and below us said Quote if you want to behave and shout like that, you should join the crowd to youre right....gobsmacked

So my question is, what type of (so called fan) is now sitting in these seats???

Re: The new fan & support

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:12 pm

supercoops wrote:Before im slated for spelling mistakes ect, my education= is the University of life... nothing academic, please bear with me.

Having read alot of the Threads on here of 'lack of vocal support' can't stand up and show youre happy.

last season i took my two boys to thier first game, (sheff wed) i always sit top right hand corner of The Ninian, close to the canton where all the noise is.
We scored first, i was up joining the chant, and giving the the one arm salute, my boys joined me, then when we scored again, my boys were screaming, loving it, then a group next and below us said Quote if you want to behave and shout like that, you should join the crowd to youre right....gobsmacked

So my question is, what type of (so called fan) is now sitting in these seats???

Not the type of fan that I would like to sit next to, oops stand next to.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm

you should tell to get f****d.we all pay for our tickets and we support the team.each individual should support the team the way feel appropiate :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 pm

I can't say much really in the scheme of things, being relatively new (other commitments stopping me from getting as many matches as I shouldve), but I think a lot of the egg chasing types have started attending because they can sniff the Premiership

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Miserable b******s by the sound of it :( . I go to football matches to let my hair down, forget my troubles for a couple of hours and support my team, that to me = make some noise, not sit there like it's a bloody funeral ffs.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
supercoops wrote:Before im slated for spelling mistakes ect, my education= is the University of life... nothing academic, please bear with me.

Not the type of fan that I would like to sit next to, oops stand next to.

:D :D :D :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

I sit up in that corner & its only ever full during 23/24000 plus matches. lots of new & different people all the time. I would gess that the group of people who said that to you don't watch the City very often. Don't let them put you off.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 pm

cant understand it myself. who wants to sit through a footy match? most of us in 117 stand and sing , but then along comes the waffen ss (also known as stewards) and tell us to sit down !
result? it all go's quiet because singing and being seated does not work. stand tall and sing my fellow bluebirds :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:50 pm

rob wrote:cant understand it myself. who wants to sit through a footy match? most of us in 117 stand and sing , but then along comes the waffen ss (also known as stewards) and tell us to sit down !
result? it all go's quiet because singing and being seated does not work. stand tall and sing my fellow bluebirds :ayatollah:

Well said mate....
and thanks for all replys,,,, appreciated.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:45 pm

your welcome :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 am

I think they are supporters who used to sit in the Grandstand at NP who chose NOT to sit in the new Grandstand at CCS but took similar seats in the Ninian Stand instead , Ive got loads who sit infront of me who have done that :evil: