Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any one on the forum a fan of

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Paul Weller? Have a question for those who are

Re: Any one on the forum a fan of

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Weller would beam with pride if he saw your avatar and his name associated with your posting......WHY DO IT!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm

VCLEE wrote:Weller would beam with pride if he saw your avatar and his name associated with your posting......WHY DO IT!!!

You not remember the "all mod cons" album fella?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Just about remember but I was a youngster then, Town Called Malice was the first Weller song that brings any vivid memories.

Please explain why you've got that woman as your avatar?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 pm

VCLEE wrote:Just about remember but I was a youngster then, Town Called Malice was the first Weller song that brings any vivid memories.

Great song, great band. Why should I explain? I'm talking about Weller here.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:Paul Weller? Have a question for those who are

Here ya go! http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Paul+Weller

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:25 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

Well done in proving you have the opposable thumbs to work a mouse and keyboard, I'm chuffed for you, I really am.
My question wasn't about Weller's life or music, wanted to know afew members opinions on the great man.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:
VCLEE wrote:Just about remember but I was a youngster then, Town Called Malice was the first Weller song that brings any vivid memories.

Great song, great band. Why should I explain? I'm talking about Weller here.

Good song, good band. I don't hold him with the same reverence as others but he has a deserving respect.
If you don't wish to explain your avatar than that's completely your right. Nos da fella.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 am

Sergeant Dribble wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Well done in proving you have the opposable thumbs to work a mouse and keyboard, I'm chuffed for you, I really am.
My question wasn't about Weller's life or music, wanted to know afew members opinions on the great man.

Is that a typo in red? Gosh!
You don't have to thank me for trying to help. :roll:

Do you sit on your own when out? (if allowed out that is?) :? :?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 am

I was a bit young for his Jam stuff but love it in rhetrospect. Think he is a quality musician but heard differing views on him as a person.
Why is that Daya you got any info?

PS using that woman as your avatar is not good - Gray and Keys were sacked for less! Banning Order on here? :o

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:46 am

dougblue wrote:

I was a bit young for his Jam stuff but love it in rhetrospect. Think he is a quality musician but heard differing views on him as a person.

PS using that woman as your avatar is not good - Gray and Keys were sacked for less! Banning Order on here? :o

Fully agree, she's a f*cking bitch! Champagne in Neath and the mining communities when she pops her clogs :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:20 am

dougblue wrote:

All I wanted to know was, what what did people who were fans of his music make of his political views around the time of "All Mod Cons"?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 am

Is Maggie the patron saint of pine sellers?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 am

Pricey wrote:Is Maggie the patron saint of pine sellers?

Okay,now I know!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Still no one will answer my question, clearly you all have no taste in music.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Sergeant Dribble wrote:Still no one will answer my question, clearly you all have no taste in music.

Of course we do, it's just different to yours. ;)

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Sergeant Dribble wrote:Still no one will answer my question, clearly you all have no taste in music.

Of course we do, it's just better than yours. ;)

Fixed your post.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

Of course we do, it's just different to yours. ;)

I love how I ask a perfectly rational question, just to get hunted down and victimised. Pathetic.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

weller made a crass statement about supporting the tories, which he later regreted....then he joined red wedge to support labour....now he's non political....i have a few of his albums....matured as songwriter but he's no dylan or mccartney

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

coppler wrote:weller made a crass statement about supporting the tories, which he later regreted....then he joined red wedge to support labour....now he's non political....i have a few of his albums....matured as songwriter but he's no dylan or mccartney

What I was wondering was, of those who liked his music at the time of his pro Conservative stance, how many really took issue with this? And as for a crass statement, All Mod Cons is more than a crass statement.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:55 pm

"crass statement" was how weller described his support for the tories in an interview he gave to paolo hewitt in his book "the changing man"...as for all mod cons i don't have the album...i was never really a fan of the jam....

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:45 pm

coppler wrote:"crass statement" was how weller described his support for the tories in an interview he gave to paolo hewitt in his book "the changing man"...as for all mod cons i don't have the album...i was never really a fan of the jam....

I've got the book you mentioned, what I was implying was that with the title "All Mod Cons" was more than a crass statement, it's an excellent album however.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:11 pm

i'm sure it is....but i've long since moved on from jam/clash/sex pistols type of music.....sometime ago on another forum someone put up an interview with weller he gave in new york a few years ago.....he's a big fan of blue note label jazz (as i am)...this guy in particular.....you might like it you might .....lee morgan...the sidewinder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jFPrx51Dc

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

coppler wrote:i'm sure it is....but i've long since moved on from jam/clash/sex pistols type of music.....sometime ago on another forum someone put up an interview with weller he gave in new york a few years ago.....he's a big fan of blue note label jazz (as i am)...this guy in particular.....you might like it you might .....lee morgan...the sidewinder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jFPrx51Dc

His music has changed an incredible amount in the last 5/6 years let alone the difference from The Jam. The man's a genius, his latest album Wake Up The Nation is a testament to the man as a songwriter. Thank you for the link, I'll have a scope.