Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd complaining about the pitch .....

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm

....... via his twitter .

http://twitter.com/#!/jaybothroyd

Re: Bothroyd complaining about the pitch .....

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't blame him, some of the park pitches are better than ours :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

He has a point. :( :( :(

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

he's just said now that Cardiff got great stadium , great fans BUT poor pitch :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

He's got no place to complain about the pitches at the CCS or training ground until he's played in Caedelyn in Whitchurch Mid Feb or Caerau at any time of the year! Then he can moan about bobbles!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:10 pm

My cabbages and carrots are coming on well there. If they got the lights they would be bigger :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:He's got no place to complain about the pitches at the CCS or training ground until he's played in Caedelyn in Whitchurch Mid Feb or Caerau at any time of the year! Then he can moan about bobbles!!! :ayatollah:

Yeah, they were shite but you would've had to go a long way to get worse than Pontcanna in my day

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

If the players don't like the pitch, maybe they can go into their pockets and give the club some cash to relay it or whatever they need to do to make it better.

The pitch does look bad though. Hopefully we won't get any injuries as a result. We've already had 3 of our players injuring themselves on this pitch (similar injuries as well).

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:33 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:If the players don't like the pitch, maybe they can go into their pockets and give the club some cash to relay it or whatever they need to do to make it better.

The pitch does look bad though. Hopefully we won't get any injuries as a result. We've already had 3 of our players injuring themselves on this pitch (similar injuries as well).

That would be like work asking me for a contribution toasted some air con because I said the office was hot

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 pm

spends enough time on the ground gets a better look than most of our team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:40 pm

botw2, I see where you're coming from. But for the ridiculous amount footballers get paid, you thought they might contribute to the playing surface if they don't like it.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:59 pm

our ninian park pitch was something else!
one of the best in UK

how hard is it to improve a pitch at this level surely!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:....... via his twitter .

http://twitter.com/#!/jaybothroyd

I walked on the pitch today it was a Disgrace.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:13 pm

i hope you had your slippers on annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:15 pm

steve wrote:i hope you had your slippers on annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

I treaded very carefully, I had to with that pitch, I would of been covered in pure mud.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:18 pm

hopefully City's slick footballing skills will show down the Liberty then ? No excuses there for anybody :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm

strange doesnt mention it on my twiitter?? :?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Pure mud ? ..... Maybe Jay should invest in a decent pair of wellies. Can't beat a good pair of Hunters!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:40 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:strange doesnt mention it on my twiitter?? :?

I am not on twitter and I never mentioned Jay, I said what I saw for myself, a Terrible pitch.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff uber alles wrote:strange doesnt mention it on my twiitter?? :?

I am not on twitter and I never mentioned Jay, I said what I saw for myself, a Terrible pitch.

are they going to do something about it??

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:48 pm

After the bowling green at NP, it was like Chepstow racecourse last week.

Not surprised JB unhappy.

Think of the money they waste (I know in hindsight) on Koumas and they'd have had the bunce for that lighting. ;)

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeh pitch is poor, annis I follow jay on twitter, just can't see his comment, you should get on there mate!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:07 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:Yeh pitch is poor, annis I follow jay on twitter, just can't see his comment, you should get on there mate!

Its hard enough for me to manage facebook and this forum :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:24 pm

You went on the pitch Annis ? 10 Year ban then :lol: :lol: