Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" PROPOSALS TO TRY AND CREATE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE "

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Firstly I would like to thank Julian Jenkins for inviting me down today to Discuss a positive proposal for Our Fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I had a meeting with Julian Jenkins today regarding trying to make a Better Atmosphere in Our Stadium Next Season.
It went very well, but its not up to me, its up to you Our Fans, where you feel we should sit Next Season to try and create a Better Atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It has been proposed by Our Club that a " A PACKED CANTON STAND " With Everyone having the same kind of intentions to make as much noise as possible and have Banners/Flags and Fans waving Scarves etc and Not being told to sit down every minute like we are in the Ninian Stand, Would make a much better Atmosphere than we already have.

If This Forum Members and their Friends want to go together in one Section of the Canton Stand, the Club would hold them for a certain length of time, You will still get your interest Free monthly payments and your 5 year Price Freeze.

" Canton Stand Prices 2011-2012 "

Adults £329
Seniors £229
Students £229
Under 16's £149.
The club will be meeting Our Supporters Groups This Tuesday Night before the Reading Game (Carl Curtis will be attending for us,I might pop along) to Discus the New proposals.

At this current moment there are 2,000 empty seats dotted around the Canton Stand. But Julian has found where there are large sections together, see Julians email.

Date: 27 January 2011 16:05:10 GMT
To: "Annis Abraham" <annisabraham@aol.com>
Subject: Seating

Hi Annis,

Good to meet up with you this morning to discuss possible seating availability for the 2011/12 season.

The area that appealed most to yourself whereby we have capacity would be section 106.

Rows A-J

Seats 589 – 615.

We have limited occupancy in these areas currently and could accommodate over 200 supporters.

If you want to go further back we have capacity in Aisle 108 from front to back.

We also have availability across into section 106-107

Rows A –K

Seats 618 -644

Not all these seats are available but the majority are.

This would take you to around 400.

We will are proposing a meeting up with groups on Tuesday night to discuss these plans further.

Julian

What Our Fans Think

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34295 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and another debate here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34157 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I stood in Row J Centre and I thought that was perfect and over 200 of us could sit there, but thats just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My personal Opinion
If I am Honest of Course I know they are doing a lot of this for their own purposes, I havent been Won over and I myself have not agreed to move yet, I like it where I am in The Ninian Stand, But I am getting fed up of the stewards telling everyone to sit down and a lot of these new type of fans looking at us funny when we sing etc.
I just want a good atmosphere, I know it will never be the same as Ninian Park.
Its up to the fans what they want,I cant tell anyone to move, like I said, I am still thinking it over myself. I would like hundreds or even thousands of us together though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " PROPOSALS TO TRY AND CREATE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE "

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

what about sections 103 and 104?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Sounds good Annis anything is worth a try. Further back would be essential as when it rains and you are at the front, it would be like standing on the Bob terrace. Can we sort something out to agree on where to go.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sounds good Annis anything is worth a try. Further back would be essential as when it rains and you are at the front, it would be like standing on the Bob terrace. Can we sort something out to agree on where to go.

Steve
We can go to the Back, but the only big area is in the corner of the Canton Stand.
I stood in Row J Centre and I thought that was perfect and over 200 of us could sit there, but thats just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 pm

To be honest im at the back of the Canton and we treat it exactly like the old grange end - we're all season ticket holders in the stand but we go where we want in the back and its accepted, we just bunch up if we need to...no-one sits down anyway so the seat is virtually redundant. I suppose my point is get a seat in there wherever ( or where the most are available just so formally those who are moving are together) then when you get in there just go where you want within reason :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 pm

slightly off topic , the interst free payments can that come from own bank account or does it have to be with the credit card company they offer?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

plenty of empty seats in grandstand near the family end. couldnt they be taken up by the ninian singers ? will the club listen to that idea? has italready been discussed?
i think creating an old section A over there will be much better nearer to the away fans to have banter but not close to cause any concerns :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Ill be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Sounds good Annis anything is worth a try. Further back would be essential as when it rains and you are at the front, it would be like standing on the Bob terrace. Can we sort something out to agree on where to go.

Steve
We can go to the Back, but the only big area is in the corner of the Canton Stand.
I stood in Row J Centre and I thought that was perfect and over 200 of us could sit there, but thats just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats where I've been since the stadium opened & it is a great view .

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Annis fair play on your efforts but this doesn't wash with me just the club doing it for.........................

1) Gettin us as far away from away fans as possible
2) Tell us we can stand, then come the season football league or permier league will go down heavy on club about sitting - stewards become jobs worth back to square one
3) Even when the canton is at it's loudest on matchdays you can't hear them.............away fans will think the grounds rubbish and never bring any
4) Gives good loud away supporters the edge ( on boring cold home games, the Canton will be just the same as Ninian being so far from away fans)

If they gave us a block in the ninian then great. One thing the club could do is to upgrade the stands underneath in the bar areas. More tv's, some round tables for beers/food. It's so cold and un inviting under the stand.

If it comes off Annis we salute you.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:24 pm

JonScam wrote:To be honest im at the back of the Canton and we treat it exactly like the old grange end - we're all season ticket holders in the stand but we go where we want in the back and its accepted, we just bunch up if we need to...no-one sits down anyway so the seat is virtually redundant. I suppose my point is get a seat in there wherever ( or where the most are available just so formally those who are moving are together) then when you get in there just go where you want within reason :ayatollah:

Finally getting the singers into one area of the ground is a great idea and one that I'm fully behind, I'm pretty sure this is what the club wanted in the first place and was the reason why me and my mates chose our season tickets in the Canton stand in the first place. But, lets not spoil it by turning the Canton Stand into a free for all and upsetting the singers that are already there. As I said I'm a season ticket holder in row BB 107 in a row with my mates and would not take too kindly to there being people just going wherever they want.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 pm

why not try and get them to swap the family stand with the canton?? after all the language you hear from the away supporters half the time its not really appropriate for young children??
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

I suppose it's all down to what you as a supporter deems to be the more important, a better view of the whole pitch and therefore a greater opportunity to see all the action on the pitch, or to be surrounded by singing, flag waving and not being made to feel like your some kind of social misfit for daring to stand in a seated section!
It's a tough decision for me, as I like it where I am in 117, great view of the whole pitch, get to stand up for exciting parts of the game, but not as much as I would like to, close enough to the away section to hear their songs and banter, far enough away, so as not to get caught up in any point scoring.
However, if the large minority that stand and sing in 117-118 at the moment move to the Canton, all and any atmosphere will disapear, and so the match day experience will be that much worse for me, so it's a tough choice, I think i'm going to have take a game in from the Canton End and check the view out before deciding. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm

CFS wrote:Annis fair play on your efforts but this doesn't wash with me just the club doing it for.........................

1) Gettin us as far away from away fans as possible
2) Tell us we can stand, then come the season football league or permier league will go down heavy on club about sitting - stewards become jobs worth back to square one
3) Even when the canton is at it's loudest on matchdays you can't hear them.............away fans will think the grounds rubbish and never bring any
4) Gives good loud away supporters the edge ( on boring cold home games, the Canton will be just the same as Ninian being so far from away fans)

If they gave us a block in the ninian then great. One thing the club could do is to upgrade the stands underneath in the bar areas. More tv's, some round tables for beers/food. It's so cold and un inviting under the stand.

If it comes off Annis we salute you.

If I am Honest of Course I know they are doing a lot of this for their own purposes, I havent been Won over and I myself have not agreed to move yet, I like it where I am in The Ninian Stand, But I am getting fed up of the stewards telling everyone to sit down and a lot of these new type of fans looking at us funny when we sing etc.
I just want a good atmosphere, I know it will never be the same as Ninian Park.
Its up to the fans what they want,I cant tell anyone to move, like I said, I am still thinking it over myself. I would like hundreds or even thousands of us together though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:32 pm

RyanreynoldsCCFC wrote:why not try and get them to swap the family stand with the canton?? after all the language you hear from the away supporters half the time its not really appropriate for young children??
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Police would object and Wayne Nash does not what it to happen any way.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:I suppose it's all down to what you as a supporter deems to be the more important, a better view of the whole pitch and therefore a greater opportunity to see all the action on the pitch, or to be surrounded by singing, flag waving and not being made to feel like your some kind of social misfit for daring to stand in a seated section!
It's a tough decision for me, as I like it where I am in 117, great view of the whole pitch, get to stand up for exciting parts of the game, but not as much as I would like to, close enough to the away section to hear their songs and banter, far enough away, so as not to get caught up in any point scoring.
However, if the large minority that stand and sing in 117-118 at the moment move to the Canton, all and any atmosphere will disapear, and so the match day experience will be that much worse for me, so it's a tough choice, I think i'm going to have take a game in from the Canton End and check the view out before deciding. :ayatollah:

I agree with some of your comments, I always enjoy reading your posts, I went in there today, not a bad view, not as good as where I am now though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Annis were in block 105 ff which is near the top and when the away supporters are singing we can hear them from there so if a few thousand in the canton raise the roof im sure we will be heard from space lol :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Logjammer wrote:
JonScam wrote:To be honest im at the back of the Canton and we treat it exactly like the old grange end - we're all season ticket holders in the stand but we go where we want in the back and its accepted, we just bunch up if we need to...no-one sits down anyway so the seat is virtually redundant. I suppose my point is get a seat in there wherever ( or where the most are available just so formally those who are moving are together) then when you get in there just go where you want within reason :ayatollah:

Finally getting the singers into one area of the ground is a great idea and one that I'm fully behind, I'm pretty sure this is what the club wanted in the first place and was the reason why me and my mates chose our season tickets in the Canton stand in the first place. But, lets not spoil it by turning the Canton Stand into a free for all and upsetting the singers that are already there. As I said I'm a season ticket holder in row BB 107 in a row with my mates and would not take too kindly to there being people just going wherever they want.

Haha, ok...maybe its just cool to do that where i am? Sayin that i dont care whos around me but i always ensure im by my seat at the back because i made the effort to be one of the first 50 ambos in there an i want to be where i chose to be so I defo see where your coming from :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:I suppose it's all down to what you as a supporter deems to be the more important, a better view of the whole pitch and therefore a greater opportunity to see all the action on the pitch, or to be surrounded by singing, flag waving and not being made to feel like your some kind of social misfit for daring to stand in a seated section!

I agree with some of your comments, I always enjoy reading your posts, I went in there today, not a bad view, not as good as where I am now though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Behind the goals everytime for me boys, theres nothing like being right behind and on top of the goal when the net bulges...its not the same anywhere else in the ground, plus the players come straight to you when they score. When there are corners as well it much better to be behind the goal, its where the atmosphere is and always will be down the City - if thats a big reason why you go to the games and follow the City then the Canton is the place to be :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Brilliant
I have to move to yorkshire in the summer so wasnt going to renew my ST
Think I will now.
Its already great in Canton, with 2000 like minded loons it will be brilliant!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We wil make our own Kop!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 pm

All of the Canton standing and singing sounds great Annis :ayatollah: .
Only thing i would be worried about is the view and shelter in the first few rows. If you wanted to go back a bit e.g row J onwards couldnt they offer you enough seats in block 104 ? Or the back of 104? If they did we would have a big area of singers as the back of 105 and 106 already has a big number of singers.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 pm

annis dont do it stay in the ninian stand and when the likes of chelsea , man united , spurs , liverpool etc roll into town be so close to them that you can see the whites of their eyes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 pm

mr bluesky wrote:Annis were in block 105 ff which is near the top and when the away supporters are singing we can hear them from there so if a few thousand in the canton raise the roof im sure we will be heard from space lol :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We need a few thousand singers together, then there would be a hell of an Atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Anyone standing by my seat won't be there long.... :evil:

agree with the things that your doing Annis but could open a shit load of probs

ALI could also play some wicked dance tunes to get it going. :tshirt: :headbang:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Annis i am in block 107 row W seat 625 very good view theres a lot in there who stand up and sing if you could get a majority in block 108 where at the mo theres not a lot of standing and singing the canton end could really start to buzz go for it lads you know it makes sense :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:20 pm

ackers1927 wrote:All of the Canton standing and singing sounds great Annis :ayatollah: .
Only thing i would be worried about is the view and shelter in the first few rows. If you wanted to go back a bit e.g row J onwards couldnt they offer you enough seats in block 104 ? Or the back of 104? If they did we would have a big area of.singers as the back of 105 and 106 already has a big number of singers.

This is what slightly concerns me the shelter if it pisses. down whoever gets the seats at the front could get soaked but still I'm up for it if it's gonna help towards a better atmosphere will a decision be made on Tuesday as to where the forum will be if there's enough interest shown?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:21 pm

ackers1927 wrote:All of the Canton standing and singing sounds great Annis :ayatollah: .
Only thing i would be worried about is the view and shelter in the first few rows. If you wanted to go back a bit e.g row J onwards couldnt they offer you enough seats in block 104 ? Or the back of 104? If they did we would have a big area of.singers as the back of 105 and 106 already has a big number of singers.

This is what slightly concerns me the shelter if it pisses. down whoever gets the seats at the front could get soaked but still I'm up for it if it's gonna help towards a better atmosphere will a decision be made on Tuesday as to where the forum will be if there's enough interest shown?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 pm

I could be up for this......

At the moment I am Billy No Mates in the Grandstand....shocking athmosphere but good seat... :(

Interested to know what is proposed, but like already said.....dont want to go where we may get wet.....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 pm

I think you do a lot of good things for the club.

But I still believe that the best atmosphere was the grange end and the grandstand in the old ground.
I belive this was because the fans around the away fans reacted to their songs and banter.
Did they mention if there was large spaces avaliable in the NINAN .

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:56 pm

I sit in the canton in the corner by aisle 103 i am registered disabled with arthritic knees i chose not to sit in disabled section due to the fact i take my 9 year old grandson and sit with a few mates and i love to be by the most noisest fans the only probelm i got is i do not wont anyone standing in front of me where i sit theres only room for about 25 fans and it cost £399 as it is in zone 3 dont get me wrong if i could stand long enough i would be there with you as i love the passion of the city fans and the sooner we get the ninian park atomsphere back the better but sorry i dont wont to move annis could you please tell me if my section be affected :ayatollah: :ayatollah: