Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PROPOSALS TO TRY AND CREATE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE "

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 pm

My mate and I have been in Canton 105 row V since CCS opened pretty much halfway up the stand just to the right of the right hand goalpost as you look out. Enjoyed it there, never sat down (except for the Jacks last season when I didnt have a leg under me!) hipflasks and sweets sometimes passed around, and we have "Murdering Scum" the Canton stands Dai Hunt! But most of the singing comes from behind us towards the back, I am always trying to start the :ayatollah: and new chants but no-one follows me!!! :cry:

So for next season I want to be in with the loony tunes singers, which is how how I would describe myself! ;) I hate it when we all go quiet!

So someone on here do some kind of poll thingy, or arrange a meeting so we can all commit to a singers section, and get the season tickets together, I am always coming up with ideas for new chants, I have been a songwriter for many years, one thing I know a lot about! I want to be in with bluebirds who will follow the lead.

What do you think? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Always go into block 117 in the ninian when i come down from north wales,good set of teenagers in there trying to get the atmosphere going,that's where the standing area should be,as close to the away fans as possible.Stewards making it impossible to enjoy a game these days,away fans are always standing!!Looking around the premier league,most fans are standing.Safety rules in this country are a joke.Went to watch dortmund before xmas,24,450 standing in the south stand,and 3,000 bremen fans standing in the north stand,no problems whatsoever.All this health and safety crap because the dirty scousers couldn't behave themselves!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks, Annis....it's always good to know someone amongst us is at least given a hearing by the club hierarchy, although (as always) I am sceptical of THEIR motives

Personally, I would prefer to stay put. I'm not a fan of 'behind the goal' views and (whilst understanding) don't like it when we are away....

However, whilst I don't believe either my own or your seats are under pressure next season, I think it is imperative that we (as a group) stick together and support those who may/will be affected....

Surely, it is what this forum should promote?!?!

If so, I'll be with you all the way!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Annis, as tickets go on sale next week when do you think we will get a definate decision as I also believe whatever happens we should stick as one big gaggle and let the footballing world now how passionate we are of our beloved city and make CCS a stadium that intimidates with atmosphere to visiting teams and make the most of home advantage.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 pm

"Build it and they will come"

Get the Canton rocking and there will be literally thousands in the Ninian
absolutely gutted and wishing they were there too. The Ninian will be
bereft of all life. It will be an embarassing place to SIT when the away fans
are loud, passionate and alive right next to them. The Canton 'standing'
area will probably end up spreading to the first few blocks in the Ninian as
many of the 'sit down and behave yourself' brigade realise that they have
talked themselves into sitting in a mortuary. The club want all the 'raucous'
lads as far away from the away fans as they can get them, we know that!!

there will be a damn sight more people looking towards the Canton and
wishing they were in it, than sat in it wishing they were out!! Imagine all
the singers from the old Bob Bank/Grange end and Block A all in the same
place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It will happen!!! We're Cardiff, not bloody "smiley-faced when we're losing" rugby fans!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Ive watch 2 games from the Canton in the new ground. Im 100% sure ill be staying in 117, as I didn't like it, a much better view of all the action from where I am. Thanks for trying though.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:11 pm

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:I think you do a lot of good things for the club.

But I still believe that the best atmosphere was the grange end and the grandstand in the old ground.
I belive this was because the fans around the away fans reacted to their songs and banter.
Did they mention if there was large spaces avaliable in the NINAN .

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, I LOVED SECTION A and then hearing the GRANGE END SING AS WELL, BUT SADLY THATS NO MORE.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Thanks, Annis....it's always good to know someone amongst us is at least given a hearing by the club hierarchy, although (as always) I am sceptical of THEIR motives

Personally, I would prefer to stay put. I'm not a fan of 'behind the goal' views and (whilst understanding) don't like it when we are away....

However, whilst I don't believe either my own or your seats are under pressure next season, I think it is imperative that we (as a group) stick together and support those who may/will be affected....

Sven, I really dont know whats best, as enjoy where I am, but would love a better atmosphere.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

u can hear the aways from the canton ! and with the canton and the ninian singers combined the only feeling that visiting fans would have towards us would be respect ! theyd easily hear us and that end would loook amazing ! wed have respect because we stood up (lituerally) and we got what we wanted a singing section ! all get in the canton it wud be amaizing ! get over the stupid gestures to the aways and concentrate on what saturdays are all about ! FOOTBALL! do whats best for the team and get in the canton ! banners flags scarves the lot it would be incredible with the amount of fans we have that are willing to create an atmosphere we could be famous for atmosphere again if they wer all in one place !!! GET IN THE CANTON! it shows that our club is more important to us than some gypos who have come down to us looking for some childish banter ! get in the canton and show youre passion ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm

wdb2721 wrote:Annis, as tickets go on sale next week when do you think we will get a definate decision as I also believe whatever happens we should stick as one big gaggle and let the footballing world now how passionate we are of our beloved city and make CCS a stadium that intimidates with atmosphere to visiting teams and make the most of home advantage.

Anyone can do it anyway, I Just wanted us all together :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm

:old: What about a trial period this season for the empty seats in the canton for the people over the ninian stand to see how it goes ? :roll: :roll:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 pm

mr bluesky wrote::old: What about a trial period this season for the empty seats in the canton for the people over the ninian stand to see how it goes ? :roll: :roll:

As long as match day ticket holders have not already bought them up, sounds a good idea. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:21 pm

taffyapple wrote:"Build it and they will come"

Get the Canton rocking and there will be literally thousands in the Ninian
absolutely gutted and wishing they were there too. The Ninian will be
bereft of all life. It will be an embarassing place to SIT when the away fans
are loud, passionate and alive right next to them. The Canton 'standing'
area will probably end up spreading to the first few blocks in the Ninian as
many of the 'sit down and behave yourself' brigade realise that they have
talked themselves into sitting in a mortuary. The club want all the 'raucous'
lads as far away from the away fans as they can get them, we know that!!

there will be a damn sight more people looking towards the Canton and
wishing they were in it, than sat in it wishing they were out!! Imagine all
the singers from the old Bob Bank/Grange end and Block A all in the same
place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It will happen!!! We're Cardiff, not bloody "smiley-faced when we're losing" rugby fans!!!

exactly my opinion ! if we get a percentage of the ninian over get the canton rocking and then more and more will follow and insist they wer behing the canton all along;D

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 pm

New name( THE CANTON BANK ) could become world famous :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Are you most likely to know by Wednesday what the situation is with numbers and what part of the Canton everyone would favour I'm sure there are a lot of members on here who would be more than happy to relocate but with the season tickets going on sale next Tuesday we would need to block book our seats sooner rather than later to stand more of a chance of being seated together i for one really hope it works out :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:45 pm

the cantons liuke a terrace no1 sits in their seeat

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:47 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Are you most likely to know by Wednesday what the situation is with numbers and what part of the Canton everyone would favour I'm sure there are a lot of members on here who would be more than happy to relocate but with the season tickets going on sale next Tuesday we would need to block book our seats sooner rather than later to stand more of a chance of being seated together i for one really hope it works out :ayatollah:

If our numbers are serious numbers, yes I can reserve them now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:Are you most likely to know by Wednesday what the situation is with numbers and what part of the Canton everyone would favour I'm sure there are a lot of members on here who would be more than happy to relocate but with the season tickets going on sale next Tuesday we would need to block book our seats sooner rather than later to stand more of a chance of being seated together i for one really hope it works out :ayatollah:

If our numbers are serious numbers, yes I can reserve them now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, would it help if someone made a thread for people to put their names down to get rough idea of numbers from this forum? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, would it help if someone made a thread for people to put their names down to get rough idea of numbers from this forum? :ayatollah:

Yes would you put it up please, I will make it a sticky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:10 pm

I'l put a thread up now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 pm

The proposed move is great news and is in both the club and the fan's interest, a rocking Canton is going to be a huge boost to the atmosphere. I don't agree that being as close as possible to away fans is the important factor in creating an atmosphere. The most important thing is that all singers are located together on mass and the Canton end is the only place where that can realistically happen. The old Bob Bank was immense during the 80s when everyone was under the TV station, although we were miles away from the away fans, it was the focal point of the ground and couldn't be ignored. As a 7 year old kid in the 70s & 80s, when my father used to take me to the old family enclosure (then opposite the Bob Bank), I used to look at the Bob Bank in sheer amazement, I was memorised and couldn't wait to be old enough to join in. With a whole end full of kids opposite the Canton, we must try to create the same thing today for the future of the club.

I sincerely hope it happens, it's a really exciting and positive move, go for it Annis :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:The proposed move is great news and is in both the club and the fan's interest, a rocking Canton is going to be a huge boost to the atmosphere. I don't agree that being as close as possible to away fans is the important factor in creating an atmosphere. The most important thing is that all singers are located together on mass and the Canton end is the only place where that can realistically happen. The old Bob Bank was immense during the 80s when everyone was under the TV station, although we were miles away from the away fans, it was the focal point of the ground and couldn't be ignored. As a 7 year old kid in the 70s & 80s, when my father used to take me to the old family enclosure (then opposite the Bob Bank), I used to look at the Bob Bank in sheer amazement, I was memorised and couldn't wait to be old enough to join in. With a whole end full of kids opposite the Canton, we must try to create the same thing today for the future of the club.

I sincerely hope it happens, it's a really exciting and positive move, go for it Annis :ayatollah:

Cheers, I really hope we can get hundreds together, then thousands :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:Thanks, Annis....it's always good to know someone amongst us is at least given a hearing by the club hierarchy, although (as always) I am sceptical of THEIR motives

Sven, I really dont know whats best, as enjoy where I am, but would love a better atmosphere.

I agree. It's a toughy....

But I can't help thinking we're almost resigned to losing 118 and parts of 117 without a fight....

Maybe a song or two (or a strong petition) would help concentrate the minds of those high up in the club (and by that I don't mean this self-styled 'fixer' Wayne Nash) to let them know that the people who will still be there AFTER the plastics have had their fun are not best pleased, i.e. US!!

We are being sanitised at a great rate and it all started when (deliberately IMO) they stopped people 'choosing' their actual seats for the new stadium. A cunning and divisive plan IMO....

I'm still not happy with them over it as me and my mates had pretty good seats TOGETHER in the Bob Bank but now we are in different rows (albeit behind each other)

Is this 'sanitisation' the TRUE price of success???? It makes me wonder....

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree. It's a toughy....

But I can't help thinking we're almost resigned to losing 118 and parts of 117 without a fight....

Maybe a song or two (or a strong petition) would help concentrate the minds of those high up in the club (and by that I don't mean this self-styled 'fixer' Wayne Nash) to let them know that the people who will still be there AFTER the plastics have had their fun are not best pleased, i.e. US!!

We are being sanitised at a great rate and it all started when (deliberately IMO) they stopped people 'choosing' their actual seats for the new stadium. A cunning and divisive plan IMO....

I'm still not happy with them over it as me and my mates had pretty good seats TOGETHER in the Bob Bank but now we are in different rows (albeit behind each other)

Is this 'sanitisation' the TRUE price of success???? It makes me wonder....

Sven, Your right Wayne Nash set out to Smash certain sections and he did, but ruining the atmosphere at the same time.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But I still believe that the best atmosphere was the grange end and the grandstand in the old ground.
I belive this was because the fans around the away fans reacted to their songs and banter.

I agree, I LOVED SECTION A and then hearing the GRANGE END SING AS WELL, BUT SADLY THATS NO MORE.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:31 am

no disrespect but its seems all rushed to me and it might not work.
i feel there are other options and other things to be taken into account.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:27 am

Moving to the Canton Stand sounds like a great idea, although I don't like the idea of fans being forced out of the Ninian Stand because of over zealousness by the stewards, who let's face it are only acting on instructions from far further up the food chain.

If you do agree to move may be you could get an agreement that the stewards will at least leave you alone for the rest of this season?