Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Secret manc supporters.......

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Personally i got no time for them what so ever!
or chelsea liverpool or arsenal!

It's one and one club only,
besides the added fact were a welsh club should be only added reason to hate all english teams !

so at half time when everyones got their phones out to check if rooneys on target, unless you'v got a wager on it or that doesn't excite you....
I consider that to be a Disloyal Fan

disagree?
or agree :ayatollah:

Re: Secret manc supporters.......

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 pm

man utd are a great team......... simple

history
honours
style of football
fan base
wealthy

kuntz :D

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 pm

i check em! but thats to check what players scored what for my fantasy football
:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 pm

An interest in the wider football world? Checking other teams mis-fortunes? Maybe even fantasy football? Could be any number of reason but I agree with one club and one club only although I would suggest most people have a soft spot for another club. That could be a Premier, lower league or even a Scottish league club. I always look for Spurs results as I always had a soft spot for them....funnily enough after Peter Sayers winner! Not sure why just did. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 pm

dont get me wrong I admire the football played there

just see alot of united fans here in south wales. too many for my liking :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm

I do look forward to watching them, mainly because they are a great team, i would never by a ticket to watch them, One Love..Cardiff :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 pm

ryan giggs plays for them! Thats all i give a shit about at manchester united! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Arsenal and United are OK in my book.... done everything the right way as well as Liverpool...

f**k CHELSKI AN MAN CITY.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:Personally i got no time for them what so ever!

besides the added fact were a welsh club should be only added reason to hate all english teams !

so at half time when everyones got their phones out to check if rooneys on target, unless you'v got a wager on it or that doesn't excite you....

disagree?

Its a fair point
i cant stand the so called top four apart from cheslea cause i do have relatives who support them
but for me whether you or anyone likes it
those clubs describe the game in britain because there successful
i dont look for the scores but if anyone does it up too them but i wouldnt regard it as unloyal
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Growing up in Cardiff as a kid (now 35 :-( ) i have always followed cardiff city they r in my blood my heart and soul, but as a child you look up to GREAT players who play football at a top level week in week out...and as Cardiff have in my lifetime not reached such a level you tend to affiliate to a team in the top level... My fav players for cardiff while watching them during my youth were such as j gilligan,c Griffith,n platnear,p stant,n richardson,c dale, p millar,p ramsey,d searle, and j perry...and probably many more just can't remember....

but i still supported a top tier team man utd, watching players such as giggs, cantona etc probably made me a better player too, watching a better standard of football obviously...!!! no i never went to many united games, last game i went to was last years semi final against man city as like i said i'm a cardiff lad and who supports cardiff to the hilt...

and WHEN we play united next year :ayatollah: i would love city to get a can of whoop ass out and spank them 10-0 belive you me that would make my day,week, year and all that....

These days the younger kids have such a great home team to watch who are so close to that elite lot from the premiership with great players who they can look upto and learn from which i said need to aspire to..

:evil: What i cant understand is these people who would support the likes of man utd, chelsea, arsenal etc above their home team totally belwilders me :evil:

my son is hooked line and sinkered on cardiff city and it's amazing to see a young lad MY SON supporting his local team... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Also when he is training now with his footy team there are alot more city shirts being worn by the other children :ayatollah: GREAT STUFF..

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm

fecking plastics! they get everywhere...i dunno

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:14 pm

andy 189 wrote:fecking plastics! they get everywhere...i dunno

:o

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 pm

I would say a lot of people check it for fantasy football or maybe because they generally have an interest in football.

I always check the prem scores at half time and generally go for Man-u's first so what.

I dont see any problem with fans having second teams as long as they are supporting the city :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:Personally i got no time for them what so ever!

disagree?

Disagree. First and foremost we are Cardiff fans, but we are also football fans. I have watched Cardiff with 3,000 max fans at Ninian playing some shocking football with shocking players wearing the blue shirt Iv'e grown up watching these big clubs because its the best football, best players, best league in the world and in the old days was a light relief to see some good football and imagine what it would be like for us to have that glory. If a fan is checking the scores at half time at the ccs then whats wrong with that? He's at the game supporting isn't he?? :?